Calgarians that dualsport

Discussion in 'Canada' started by macuser, Feb 9, 2009.

1. cedric

cedric Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the support. So far I seem to be healing up well. This brace sure makes ordinary life a pain in the ass. Beats the hell out of what could have happened though. I'm looking forward to riding again, but I'm going to be timid, and my wife is reluctant to let me out again, but she knows that it's what I live for - she'll come around...
    ScooterNoMore likes this.
  2. macuser

macuser Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good to hear you are sounding upbeat and positive about life and riding :)
  3. Rider Eh!

Rider Eh! donkey

Oddometer:
    That guy with the XR650R and 250XC sounds really fast! :eek1
  4. macuser

macuser Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    He's faster than me that's 4 sure!! lol
  5. Rider Eh!

Rider Eh! donkey

Oddometer:
    Heal up Cedric, I think we've actually ridden together before, that ride we were trying to make it up Beavis, was Zeal, Ernest, Andrew, you, and myself (Andreas).
  6. Miles101

Miles101 n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm in the SW, new to the area but always up for a ride (actually did 300k yesterday on my KLX). I've also got a CBR, KTM200, CB350 and a V-strom on the way... so anything goes!!
  7. cedric

cedric Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I remember you Andreas. You got yourself some new wheels, eh? Unfortunately for me, I just sold my DR. Sad to see it go, but when one leaves, another one finds it's way in somehow. Hopefully we can hook up for some more dirt riding this summer.
  8. macuser

macuser Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    cool!! we're going to have to plan a big get together and all meet.
  9. where2next?

where2next? Map guy

Oddometer:
    yeah there are quite a few of us that ride out of the Calgary area. I've had great luck meeting people on the ADSMC board but last year there was a falling out between 2 club members and the board split into 2. one is ADSMC and the other on is alberta dualsport. I hope to see some kind of reconciliation this year, but we shall see.

Either way, if yo're looking to meet up with people you should get onto one or both of those boards. we had a pretty good weekly trail ride out at mclean creek on weeknights and lots of fun weekend day and overnight rides. if you like long distance, look into the Cypress ride.. it usually happens early in the season and is a good icebreaker.

hope to see you out this year,
  10. ABADV

ABADV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My 2006 just installed the Baja Designs kit [​IMG][/IMG]
  11. GordMounce

GordMounce Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Add in one more. I added a WR250R last summer, and I try to get out to Macleans whenever I can. I'm still learning the routes, and would love to find some riding areas that aren't under a foot of water! I'll have to give Waiporous a try this spring.

GM
  12. macuser

macuser Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think i might try indian graves this spring. havent ridden there much at all
  13. macuser

macuser Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice clean bike. I used to own a Yamaha WR400 that was street legal with a Baja Designs Kit.
  14. workmybollocksoff

workmybollocksoff Leo

Oddometer:
    Hi guys im new to Calgary, am fresh off the boat from England, i have just bought a KTM640adv on which i plan to ride from Alaska to Argentina, i have been out a couple of times in the last week, tried to go out on sunday but 10" of fresh snow stopped play, i got 100 meters and came home again. I am very interested in meeting up for a ride or a beer sometime, i dont have any knowledge of local trails so any help would be most welcome.
    My email address is leooneill64@gmail.com
    Many thanks
    Leo
  15. cdnabn49

cdnabn49 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  16. dabber

dabber n00b

Oddometer:
    Welcome WMBO it's nice to hear of a fellow englishman arrive, though I must add that I am a CANADIAN now. I have been fortunate to ride with the ADSMC last year and can not wait for this season to arrive. Keep an eye on their web site, as we meet up every 4 weeks or so for a beer, wings and BS.
  17. workmybollocksoff

workmybollocksoff Leo

Oddometer:
    Hi dualsport, next time you are out can you give me a call, i just want to ride, my cell is 403 966 3010, and my email address is leooneill64@gmail.com
    i have just bought a new KTM 640 adv and need to do some miles, have been out twice this week, but the snow is making me stir crazy.
    Thanks
    Leo
  18. Worone

Worone Rock Slinger

Oddometer:
    As soon as the collar bone is healed I'm ready for a rip!
  19. gsstampeder

gsstampeder Long timer

Oddometer:
    wmbo - what kind of riding are you looking for? The trails are going to be pretty soggy for a while. Lotsa snow this year and it hasn't even started raining yet. Not to mention all the snow hasn't even melted.
    But there are some decent gravel roads that can be pretty fun as well as some nice twisty roads (paved) not to far out of town. But even some of those are still closed...until the 15 of April, I think.
    I can let you know when I'm heading and out and show you a few places to ride.
    And even some good places to stop:freaky
  20. TX RED

TX RED Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am living in calgary and love the town/area. I would love to meet up and see some more. I have been here for a couple years now and my only excuse for getting out has been fishing. Boy is this place beautiful...:D

Still trying to find another bike. I have none currently..