MotoGP: The Big Sandbox (gritty spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, Apr 4, 2012.

1. xtop20A

xtop20A Banned

Oddometer:
    no i didnt miss that ben crashed and cal did not crash
    just my opinion but i think cal will whoop ben this year ,ben seems unhappy maybe its his mom whatever he just looks miserable all the time
    i think he is burnt-out
    cal on the other hand you can see he is hungry
  2. Moronic

Moronic Long timer

Oddometer:

Yes, I kept hoping we'd see a quick lap on soft tyres at the end of the session that would bump him up to third.

Never mind, it will happen. I have complete faith. :gerg
  3. SGrider

SGrider Bob's country bunker

Oddometer:
    They haven't even qualified yet and you have the whole season figured out already.:lol3

I doubt Cal will even finish ahead of Rossi in the points by the end of the season let alone Spies.
  4. Florin

Florin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    And that's +1.2" with Stoner held back by Bautista on his flying lap. So the 1.2" difference is more like 1.4.

Wolverine from Ducati said that they are hoping for a podium finish. Considering how bad Pedrosa is riding, this is doable.

This is what I saw on twitter, too. Everybody has the season figured out already. At least wait for the qualifying session or the first race. :wink:
  5. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    :rofl:rofl:rofl

Poor Dani. He has already earned the nickname Captain, and the ship piloting jokes are all over the 'net. :D

The Hondas are plagued with chatter.
  6. Crisis management

Crisis management Latte riders FTW!

Oddometer:
    I'm with you, only 36 hours to go!

I'm going riding tomorrow or I'll be a gibbering wreck before the first race. :lol3
  7. BOOTLACE

BOOTLACE Bikie Scum. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Aprillia Racing Team. Simple really. An adapted version of the factory RSV4 Superbike, on a lease/lend arrangement that differs from the factory rentaracer model in one crucial aspect; after 2 years they get to keep the bike. (Apparently...)
    One of the advantages these Aprillia runners have is the pretty much sorted electronics package already in place.
    All but one of the 'Prillas uses the Factory chassis.
  8. Florin

Florin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This does not surprise me one bit. Puig's ship has been taking water for some time now. Without it, Pedrosa's dingy does not stand a chance in the ruthless sea of motorsport. What's worst is that there is no safe harbor in sight for him. Yamaha will keep him so far in international waters that he won't even get to see Lorenzo's land, let alone walk on it. :D

I like Dani. He seems like a nice kid that kept his nose clean while navigating on the shit stream of personal attacks and paddock drama. Sure, he made one mistake and some people can't get past it but other than that he did not cause much trouble.

Stoner said that the extra chatter came from the track conditions and the lack of grip caused by the sand.

Nakamoto is for Honda what Furusawa was for Yamaha. Get a great rider and come up with a technical marvel. This seems to be the recipe for getting out of a dry spell. I remember an interview with Furusawa where he said he had to fight some internal battles at Yamaha before getting shit done. Piug was Nakamoto's battle at Honda. And Stoner was the final nail in his coffin. Alzamora and Marquez will make sure Repsol and the spanish fans don't miss Puig and Pedrosa.
  9. bk brkr baker

bk brkr baker Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    With the gap between the factory bikes and the CRTs being something in the range of 3 to 5 seconds, traffic will be a major factor this year. Here's to hoping for no on track incidents and clean passes.
  10. bikerfish

bikerfish flyfishandride

Oddometer:
    I love my mom, but I'd be miserable too if I had to spend every waking minute with her.
  11. Florin

Florin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    1th pole of the season goes to Sandro Cortese and KTM. The frame on the orange bike looks very nice!
  12. Brodovitch

Brodovitch Team ⌘R

Oddometer:
    Louis Rossi was impressive...
  13. RaY YreKa

RaY YreKa AA Zoom Baby

Oddometer:
    Watching the qualifying now; the big boys are up next :freaky
  14. Turder

Turder Throttle engineer

Oddometer:
    Fixed for you:deal
  15. Florin

Florin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does anybody know what was that green blinking light on Spies's arm after he crashed?
  16. maloosik

maloosik Squishimus Squidimus

Oddometer:
    Lorenzo
    Stoner
    CRUTCHLOW
    Spies
    Hayden
    Dovi
    Rossi is 12th
  17. Tijuana_Taxi

Tijuana_Taxi Long timer

Oddometer:
    They were talking about the airbag in his suit deploying so maybe that indicates it's deployment?:ear
  18. ErikY.

ErikY. Here, Now.

Oddometer:
    Great QP.
    I needed that.
    :freaky
  19. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    Can't wait until they get the Ducati fixed so Nicky and Hector can do better . :D
  20. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Long timer

Oddometer:
    Why are they calling Pedrosa "Captain?"