The I LOVE THIS GUN Thread

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by HiTechRedneck, Nov 20, 2008.

1. EvilGenius

EvilGenius 1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer:
    How much more accurate though?

We talking 2" vs 5" groups out of a vise at 50yds, or rifle vs shotgun kind of improvement?
  2. Cumminsman76

Cumminsman76 befuddled

Oddometer:
    Les Baer says his PremieirII will shoot 3 inch groups at 50 yards. You can pay more and have a 1 1/2 group. I doubt either of those guns will malfunction after break in.

Ed Brown doesnt give an accuracy garentee but I've had no malfunctions with my Special Forces in 2000 rounds.
  3. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I bet it would fail if subject to the same type of tests the original 1911 was put through.

People forget that the reason for the military side arm is it is more handy then picking up a rock....that said if you need it the thing has to work, this is why most of the military weapons of that era are so loose.....so that when you are knocked down in the mud get up and pull that 1911 out of its holster with water running out of every crack it will still go bang, bang, bang....not bang, click. A military pistol only has to be a minute of man at around 25 yards...or less...anything further away and you have the wrong tool for the job.

I would bet money that if you ran 2000 rounds in your ed brown and 2000 rounds in an "old war horse" that old gun would mop the floor in terms of running....no cleaning of any kind.

Not trying to start anything, just saying they are two machines built for two VERY different jobs. One is a toy, the other is to save your life.
  4. Sniper X

Sniper X De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer:
    Central New Mexico, 7420ft above sea level
  5. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks good, I am still enjoying mine...even with some of the newer options I like the GSG 1911 the best.

Have you seen this.....I almost bought one on a whim a few weeks ago.....it looked just soo cool.

A 22 STG44....what in the world do I need this thing for....why do I want one....must resist...it is from GSG so I am thinking the quality should be on par with their 1911.

[​IMG]
  6. Sniper X

Oddometer:
    How much are they? I am in the need for a .22 carbine for fun and was looking at the ARs.
  7. Sniper X

Oddometer:
    Anyone here have a full size SA 1911 in 9MM and use a Kimber or other .22 conversion kit on it?
  8. EvilGenius

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4FgSVw7zfmQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  9. racetwins

racetwins On the inside line

Oddometer:
  10. Sniper X

Oddometer:
    My model 60ss....well mines exactly like this but i have a better scope on it of course!

[​IMG]
  11. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    Looks like mine. :D
    [​IMG]
  12. EvilGenius

Oddometer:
    My brother has a '53 (i think) model 99.

Looks just like those.
  13. doc_ricketts

doc_ricketts Thumper jockey

Oddometer:
    GSG is making some fun guns. We love our GSG 1911 .22s. Now GSG needs to make the 44 in something like the original Kurz cartridge. That would be real fun.
  14. EvilGenius

Oddometer:
    Or even 7.62X39 or something really common.

They'd sell like crazy.
  15. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    Got the spinner targets all working and improved my welds on the newest one. Shot some video with the LC9 this morning as I tested all the spinners and practiced my accuracy.
    <iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/H7mnBLmIec8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  16. doc_ricketts

doc_ricketts Thumper jockey

Oddometer:
    Yessir, that would be really fun and unique rifle.
  17. Juanjo_NY

Juanjo_NY Made in Argentina

Oddometer:
    just got my new .22 :freaky
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  18. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The one I saw was stickered at $620.

Dang I really want one....too darn much other stuff going on.
  19. Sniper X

Oddometer:
    Yeah, and too much for a .22 anyway....now if it was a 7.62x39 or 223........especially when you can get a more rounded platform in an AR .22 for around 450.
  20. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:

True....but it all depends on you....I just can't warm up to the AR platform....I liked them fine till about 10yrs or so ago...then you know what happend....I have one, bone stock 1990's vintage colt. It just does nothing for me....far too many "experts" out there wanting to give me advice, change this, put that on...STFU and go away. They have just killed the fun of shooting this gun for me...so it stays in the back of the safe....last time it was shot my son shot it at a high power match....I bet I have not shot it in 5 years.

Same thing with the m14, they are almost as bad as the AR fan boys....those people are so annoying I will get a FAL first....whats that...oh that is the rifle the rest of the world went with as the US was stuck with this updated 1930's design....where is that aaarrrrggghhhh smily.

anyway....

Now something that looks historical....and that is what (I) like, it gets extra points for that....plus like the video said it has some heft to it....you feel like you are picking up a RIFLE....and it is cheap to shoot.

It really felt well built...much like their 1911, and that is why I bought it...it did not feel like cheap crap.

I would bet at some point I will end up with one....I think they set their target market square at me....history nut.

Re reading that post makes me think I will have one sooner rather then later.