North American Tag-O-Rama!

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Blinkerfluid, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Digiamo

Digiamo Dan nyc

Oddometer:
    What? Now Florida's not part of North America?
    :)

GS3&TT2
  2. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    You guys are hilarious:lol3

Get your own tag:roflwhat's the point:huh

You place the tag in suburbia hell and expect someone to go get it:eek1 Did it once, the traffic has kept me away from Jupiter, I would rather enjoy riding than battling with cages.

Perhaps the tagger should post in the area forum when the tag is in someones area. I'd guess there are 4 million people within an hour ride of the current location:deal
  3. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    It absolutely is. Just not one of the parts I like. :D
  4. Digiamo

Digiamo Dan nyc

Oddometer:
    Helpful feedback. Thank you Mr. grumpy icon.

Let me add another possibility why TAG's stall in addition to reasons such as "I don't wanna ride far" or "I don't wanna ride in certain environs". "The road is too rough" or "The road is to smooth and straight". "Too much traffic...blah blah"
    We all have ridden traffic for less reason than a wide ranging TAG pick-up run.

Negative feedback to active players is a turnoff and does not encourage new people to get involved.

Look, the logo phrase on the opening page of this Forum is: Adventure Rider, Ride the World. Well, the world includes all those place and for we adventurers our goal is to, I thought, ride places we never were before. It's not always going to be a fire road at the top of a tall mountain. There could be any or all of those conditions along the way to the ideal mountain top drop location.

I said it before, I say it again if you don't like the current drop location, grab Cosmo and change it.

It will also have the effect of getting me off rant mode. OK, I'll shut up...at least until the next critic chimes in.:deal
  5. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:
    Digiamo, just for the record, I wasn't insulting the drop. Hell, I've dropped tags in some crappy locations before just to taunt the weak and challenge the go-getters. I used to spend a lot of time in Tampa for work, and occasionally took the motorcycle instead of flying. I gave up though, as I didn't find the riding in South Tampa enjoyable, nor the slab trip down there. From where I am located, any trip to Florida is long, straight, and downright boring. With limited time these days, I'm only going to make a multi-state run if the ride really entices me. I've somehow become that guy who has to choose his ride time wisely. :(

A non-destination site often does best when the local taggers get involved and move it around in small increments. Eventually someone will swoop in for a long haul, and everyone stays happy while it moves.

Winter is coming to an end, and everyone is at their bitchiest this time of year. Give it a few weeks and Cosmo will be on the road. ;)

Of course, wb57 could loan me his Connie and I'll go rescue Cosmo this weekend. Slab might not be so boring with a Connie. :cool:

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
  6. RC Pilot

RC Pilot I am not anti social. I am selectively social! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Help request posted in the Fla section.

y.
  7. Digiamo

Digiamo Dan nyc

Oddometer:
    Thanks RD, for your angle on this. Duely noted and appreciated.

And thanks RC for helping out.

GS3&TT2
  8. motomike14

motomike14 Thumper Crusader Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have family there...and a few days to burn next weekend. Might swoop in for the rescue...
  9. motomac

motomac Mac

Oddometer:
    I'm leaving San Diego tomorrow and should be in Jupiter Thursday afternoon or Friday morning.
  10. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I almost said "sure", but quickly thought better of it. Then I'd have to, you know, drive the 4.5 miles to work or drag one of the other bikes out. :D

Slab still is boring, but it goes by a bit more quickly these days.
  11. Digiamo

Digiamo Dan nyc

Oddometer:
    I just love how folks can just come together in a crisis such as this.
    Good feedback is great but even the critics have a "bump" effect on the thread so that's good too.
    Here we have folks "almost" lending their bikes to get this game rolling again.
    Others will maybe get it on a possible trip through Florida.

We are on a thread bumping roll here :clap

I feel so good about this change of heart that I am ready to entertain more criticism of the current drop.:puke1:D

Oh! For the record, when I grabbed Cosmo in NC (NA-TOR central) back in December it was sitting at a really nice drop location for about three weeks.

so there :*sip* and FYYFF's :D:D:D
  12. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    :dhorse

Anyone headed south that may need a place to rest or sleep, you are welcome at my place.
  13. Digiamo

Digiamo Dan nyc

Oddometer:
    New inteligence just in. We have a local FF on the case.
  14. Digiamo

Digiamo Dan nyc

Oddometer:
    Excellent!! :D
  15. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Can't remember that, but if it was at the coast, it makes sense. Sort of. For anyone not within a couple hours of the coast, it's an arrow straight, slab ride, for the most part. But, yeah, you're right.
  16. Digiamo

Digiamo Dan nyc

Oddometer:
    It was in Colletteville, NC, the middle of the golden NC riding country. :*sip*
  17. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's in the middle of great roads, but it's also in the middle of the part of the state where folks tend to hibernate in the winter... :D
    I missed that one completely. My son is 30 miles from there. That would have been a good ride.
  18. Digiamo

Digiamo Dan nyc

Oddometer:
    It wasn't yet winter when a clown from NYC came by and scooped it up after it sat for three weeks. :*sip*:wink:
  19. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I need a job where I don't have to do stupid shit like actually go to work and crap like that. :lol3
  20. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:
    MrsDonkeys actually encouraged me to go get that one....about 10 hours before she went into labor. For once, I'm glad I didn't go chase a tag. :lol3