Triumph Scrambler

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by danger_dave, May 29, 2006.

1. greywolves

greywolves Too OLD to be a NOOB - ANYWHERE!

Oddometer:
    And whats wrong with a "little" bite from a "HOT psycho girl"??? :clap
  2. Ace_Cafe_Rat

Ace_Cafe_Rat "Crazy Old Coot"

Oddometer:
    Undisclosed location in the Nuevo México Desert
    Huh? You make some good points. Clearly there are other schools of thought. That said I cordially disagree about using the front brake & wheel as you described on a 512lbs+ bike.

Ace
  3. manyu

manyu Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am trying to figure out if I can use soft saddlebags on my Scrambler. Nelson-Rigg told me that if the temp exceeded 300F at the heat shield, it would not work.

I called up Triumph but they did not have that info.

Does anyone here know what the max exhaust temperature on the Scrambler's stock pipes would be?

Thanks!
  4. Av8rPaul

Av8rPaul Have bike will travel

Oddometer:
    Rode 486 miles yesterday as I finished a 740 mile run up to Washington. Wonderful fun and she really runs strong down here near sea level (compared to my 4400' in Reno). Running TORS, my fuel economy was I think quite good. 45.4 to 48.8 on the two lane roads, a low of 42.1 running 75-85 on the freeway. My Kriega US30 combo is great, holds all I need for a 5 day getaway without camping. The stock seat is fine for me doing 400 mile days.
    Really happy with this bike!!
    [​IMG]
    joenuclear likes this.
  5. munsonbw

munsonbw Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I never thought of running the bag front to back. I really like that system. Thanks for sharing.

Could be. My problem is always wanting what I don't have. Still wish like hell I could get this one back, but couldn't justify it and the scram. My 955 Tiger is for sale and as soon as it is gone I will be whining about the poor mile eater the scram is...

[​IMG]
  6. henryII

henryII Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Took my Scrambler on a 600km ride early this morning, manage to get over to Sweden an bought a Mqueen single seat for the Scrambler. Not sure if I will use the grey seat so pm me if anybody here is after one. I will move the rear part over to my old sixty8 black seat, Then I will have the raw black color and a black rack.

Anyway lined them up for a Identity check and they do look different and they do perform very different to. I guess a 600 km ride on the Thruxton would be rougher on a old body :) but off course just the same fun. A dude on a Ducati 861 tried long to get pass me on a twisty leg but he gave up after 15 minutes and was left further and further behind. Made the day :-) would be easier on the Thrux do...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. Shining

Shining Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Greetings to bikers :1drink
    From Bolgheri (land of Supertuscans wines)

[​IMG]
    joenuclear and Herr Bae M. Vae like this.
  8. Boola-Boola

Boola-Boola Scramblin' Man

Oddometer:
    Had a few days riding in Cornwall recently, since fitting the Arrow.
    Simply had to stop and soak up this scenery at Blue Hills on the north coast...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I put the dualseat back on to tour, as I know that the deployment bag strapped to my back for the trip down and back sits nicely on the dual, but thought it might overhang onto the gloss base under the rack on the single seat unit and scuff it.

Cheers,
    BB
  9. Turbospence

Turbospence Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just joined the club Friday. I have spent sometime in this thread but went back near beginning currently on page 165 and working forward. Thought I would read a little before I start asking a bunch of dumb questions. But I'm sure they will come at some point.:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and my little poser wife.
    joenuclear likes this.
  10. Airider

Airider Adrenaline Junkie

Oddometer:
    Awesome bike, do I ever feel jealous! I've been lurking around these pages for years now, had 5 different bikes, but always keep coming back for the scrambler. Hopefully next spring!
  11. Donkey

Donkey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    my front wheel keeps getting whacked off-road and the wobble from 35-45 is getting worse. the stock steel runs are pretty tough, should I true it or upgrade?
  12. Nesquik

Nesquik Long timer

Oddometer:
    FWIW when I looked at excel wheels they were a lot cheaper than I had expected. Quit whacking your wheel offroad lol. Lace up a 21 on front and run it all over.
  13. sinuhexavier

sinuhexavier Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Went out to ride my 2010 Scrambler EFI this morning and it cycled as normal all lights came on, but when I pushed the starter button it just clicked. It would take 15-20 seconds before it would click again but no love turning over... Any ideas?
  14. petepuma

petepuma Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Enough battery to cycle electronics but not turn the starter.......try a bump start in 2nd gear

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
  15. MongoAbides

MongoAbides n00b

Oddometer:
    Your battery has just dropped slightly too low. I ran in to this on my 2012, basically if the battery loses just enough juice the bike wont start. The battery is still good, probably even has enough power to run the bike as normal. They just set a really annoying limit on available battery. Hook the battery up to a charger or something, that'll set it straight.
  16. Ctscrambler

Ctscrambler 2010 Scrambler Black

Oddometer:

The same happened to me, on my 2010 EFI. I bought the bike used a few months back and it only had 900 miles on it. So the battery probably didnt get much charging over the last 3 years. The first time, I put it on the battery tender jr for the night and it worked the next morning to go out around town. But when I tried to start it to come home it wouldn't. So I bump started it in 2nd gear. It ran fine home, but even after charging for several days after this it would not start. So I would continue bump starting it and riding with out any problems for a month before I bought a new battery. Just be careful to pull out your battery and read what type you have before ordering a new one. Apparently they switched battery models somewhere during that model year to a larger one, that had been on the carbed Scramblers the previous years. I accidentaly ordered that one and it doesn't fit, even with removing a plastic spacer they put in the battery case area. But it has been a month now with the new battery, a Yuasa Yt12b-bs, and have had no problems, even with lots of around town short rides with multiple starts. But I do always leave it on the battery tender between all rides when at home. About $100 for the battery I believe.
  17. Ctscrambler

Ctscrambler 2010 Scrambler Black

Oddometer:
    I forget the actual #'s but if the battery is less than 12.3 or 12.5 volts it won't start to protect the ECU. I don't have a volt meter but borrowed a buddies after charging up the new one and it was around 13 volts without being connected to the bike and 12.8 once hooked up with key in the ignition/start position.
  18. B02S4

B02S4 Aye

Oddometer:
    For me, EFI bike = periodic battery tender...
  19. strafkommando

strafkommando MotoPunk

Oddometer:
    had some issues but got them sorted. sticking float and jetted a bit too rich. now shes got 130 mains, 40 pilots, thruxton needles with no shims, triumph twin power breathe intake, dna filter, baffle removed from airbox, D&D slip ons with baffles in and she pulls like a beast. cb750 is running pretty good too[​IMG]
  20. sinuhexavier

sinuhexavier Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks all.

Went out again this afternoon and it started right up... Battery tender all the time now... Must have been because of the cold night, it dropped into the 60's... :huh