wolfman saddlebags

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by eal1284, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Dan Alexander

Dan Alexander still alive and well

Oddometer:
    I've had good luck with GOOP.
  2. wolfmanluggage

wolfmanluggage Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I did not get a chance to answer.
    Contact Cement lake Barge works great. Spread on Both the patch and the tear area, let dry then stick together. Remember to clean the area well.

e
  3. Joe Bar

Joe Bar Middle England

Oddometer:
    Sorry for trying to help.
  4. Snowbound

Snowbound Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You can also go to a rafting equipment store and buy a two part glue .
  5. fbj913

fbj913 Adventure Aficionado

Oddometer:
    Sorry, It just wasnt what I asked. Thanks though.
  6. fbj913

Oddometer:

Thanks guys! I will try it out.

I live in kansas city, I can only pray that there is a rafting store within 500 miles. :rofl
  7. August West

August West Wharf Rat Supporter

Oddometer:
    Try this:
    http://kayak.nrsweb.com/search/?p=Q&w=glue
    Give them a call, always very helpful.
  8. wolfmanluggage

Oddometer:
    Look around for a shoe repair shop they usually carry this or a hardware store.

e
  9. lilolita

lilolita fahr mit mir

Oddometer:
    Eric, I really have to second, third, and fourth the suggestion of making the inserts a lighter color. I used to have yellow Ortliebs and when I went to the black Expeditions, I realized my folly, especially trying to get stuff out to set up camp at dusk or in the dark (which happens all too often).
  10. wolfmanluggage

Oddometer:
    I look at this. I have samples comming.

Woof
    e
  11. inbred

inbred Sweeter than Yoo-hoo

Oddometer:
    Just got my Wolfman rack and Expedition Dry Packs. Appeared to have bomb proof construction but ended up deciding against keeping them. In my opinion the designer placed the greatest emphasis on making a truly waterproof pack which stays securely on the equally durable rack. Obviously that is the bottom line for many adventure riders. In the end I decided I wanted something which was a little more user friendly in terms of getting into the packs and being able to easily see the contents. Obviously I will have to sacrifice some of the waterproofness in doing so. I can say without hesitation that the actual workmanship of the racks and packs were top notch.

In making the return to Wolfman, they were pretty decent about it. They did spend time trying to get me to reconsider my decision and were quite interested in my assessment of the packs. I hung the phone up thinking they were quite interested in knowing what makes their customers tick (and not tick). It was also clear that they believe in their products 110%. In the end a debate occurred about whether initial shipping should be refunded. Wolfman ended up reimbursing me for initial shipping even though they felt their policy as stated in their website forbid such reimbursment. This was another sign the company places ultimate customer satisfaction high on their priority list.

[​IMG]
  12. Dan Alexander

Oddometer:
    Kinda picky aren't ya.
  13. fbj913

Oddometer:
    #1 your cat is correct, quit being a pussy
    #2 a window? :huh really? so should every bag have a window? do you think that hard bags, or any other bag, lets light in? if there is no light then what affect would a window have? does a window magically create light?
    #3 "I can ride the thing to thing places that Big Adventure Cruiser Riders fantasize about" wanna bet? :wink:
  14. Dan Alexander

Oddometer:
    The condescanding sig line doesn't help the image either :deal

#4 You saw the bags online before you bought ... didn't you notice then that the logo was prominent?
  15. Tonopah

Tonopah Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Come on guys! I for one thought his review was fair and thoughtful. He pointed out some areas that might be improved. At least he's thinking and willing to share.

I have the Wolfman bags on my F650GS twin and like them a lot. I did have the option of installing a cross brace for that bike and I did it even though it is not required. He wishes he had that option for his bike. I also think that the Expedition Bags are sort of hard to see into but my yellow bags are better than the black ones in this regard. I did put the Sterilite containers inside the bags and this both maximizes space, eases packing, and also makes the inside of the bags easy to see as the containers are white. Downside (as has been pointed out) is that the bags would flex less in a crash and are therefore more likely to be damaged.
  16. fbj913

Oddometer:
    I think I covered that in the "don't be a pussy comment":rofl
    And, yes, I don't get the sig line.
  17. Snowbound

Oddometer:
    I guess I am glad I bought the yellow . I was wishing that I had the black to match my black GS .Now I feel better .
    I just got some Givi racks from another inmate. They work better that the jerryrigging that I had to do with my old Happy Trails racks.
    I took the stiffeners out of mine . I want them to conform to what ever I put in them ,which is usually compression bags ,walking shoes , hatchet,shave kit,etc.
  18. Snowbound

Oddometer:
    Tha'ts wonderful that you have been alive almost as long as I have been riding . Take care of yourself and then you can join AARP .
    As far as a DRZ getting away ,you might get away from me ,but I know some riders that would give you a run for your money .
    Since you invited us to a lynching party ,would you mind bringing your own rope
  19. high dangler

high dangler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    inbred ,i have no problem with your post.
    Thanks for taking the time.If I get these saddle bags I'll get em in yellow
  20. fbj913

Oddometer:
    I appreciate all opinions. The issues that you have would not lead me to the consideration of selling them though. I don't have the black ones so I guess I would have to say that I really can't comment on the light problems. Try the little trash can mod and I guarantee that will help!
    I will take your bet. No way would I back down from that one. Even if I do have to send you some booze. Either way it will be fun! I'm sure I'll have plenty of opportunities when I do my cont. divide ride this year!