R1200GS Adventure Light Bar - Shipping!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by lineareagle, Jan 22, 2008.

1. GSABest

GSABest El Aventurero

Oddometer:
  2. GSABest

GSABest El Aventurero

Oddometer:
    Let me know what you think Tony after looking at the pics.

marc
  3. Hotspice

Hotspice Satellites not acquired Supporter

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately I don't think that the two will work together.

The light bar uses the tank guards and as you can see from this pic it looks like there would be a conflict between the two mounts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry it wasn't better news,
    Tony
  4. Hotspice

Oddometer:
    Just an FYI that I've got one more standard ADV Light bar left in stock.

There are plenty of the light bars that will accomodate the larger lights and that will be the only model that will be available once the standard one is gone.

I'm switching to just one model because I don't think it makes sense to offer the standard one any more when the newer model will accomodate a wider variety of lights.

:thumb
  5. SCflyer

SCflyer Long timer

Oddometer:
    A little first hand...I tried the original and if used you'll have to put the HIDs either on bottom or use a spacer up top for them to clear the stock guards to be able to adjust them. They will fit but you don't have any adjustability. The bar is predrilled but you might be able to drill again, (hotspice would have to confirm) I switched to the newer style as it moves the lights forward a bit to allow clearance. I put Hella Micro fogs on bottom and HID driving up top and have plenty of room. They don't stick out past the bar either so less susceptible to damage (I chose these for this purpose). The bar itself is about at the same point as the tank guard if not a tad shorter. Either way, HSpice is great to deal with and the bar mounts up solid and looks stock.
  6. Hotspice

Oddometer:
    Glad the bar is working out for you SCF :thumb.

I wanted to make sure and try to keep the revised bar inside the rest of the guards for those "Oh Shit" moments most of us have at some point :lol3 . As for drilling, that shouldn't be a problem at all since the bar is made of 6061-T651.

7. Hotspice

Oddometer:
    Alrighty, it's official. No more old style bars left. Now we're just stocking the bars that will accept the standard lights and the deeper lights lights like the Fuego's and the Hella HID's.

:clap
  8. Hotspice

Oddometer:

Return sent. Sorry for the delay but I was on vacation till yesterday.

:freaky
  9. Hotspice

Oddometer:
    Discount on a blemished bar.

I have had one of the original bars returned to me because the lights the customers were mounting wouldn't fit (Fuego, Hella HID's). In exchange the customers got the new, larger version.

That means I've got 1 light bar kit that was bolted onto the bike, they tried to fit the lights on them, realized the wouldn't fit and took the bar off.

These bars have never been on the road!

But, since they were mounted they might have some scuffs on them so I'm discounting them to $70.

If you're interested in saving a little $$ for gas, you might want to take opt for the "Seconds" model. I mean really, what's a scuff or two on a GS :wink:

Discounted GS1200 Adventure Light Bar Kit

:deal
  10. GSABest

GSABest El Aventurero

Oddometer:
    Ordered light bar for GSA today.

What is best way to wire HID fuegos to high beams? Or should I delete factory fogs & use that switch?

TIA
  11. Hotspice

Oddometer:
    If you didn't want to remove the fogs or add a switch you could definately use the High Beam to switch your Fuego's on and off.

What you would do in that case is tap into the High Beam wire and use it as the switched source for your driving light relay. You'll still draw the main power for the lights from the battery.

In that configuration when you turn the high beam on it will trigger the relay which will in turn, turn your Fuego's on. When you turn the High Beams off, the Fuego's go off.

12. Hotspice

Oddometer:
    And the last of the discounted bars went out today.

From here on out only the latest and greatest model of the Light Bar for the GS Adventure will be available..

13. juvander

juvander Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Where did you get these brackets for Hella Xenons?

14. bairesman

bairesman Road warrior

Oddometer:
    Hi, I just replied to your PM, I got these from HID50.com
  15. juvander

juvander Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Did not find them from their site, was this an custom made for you by them?
  16. bairesman

bairesman Road warrior

Oddometer:
    I am not sure, I just ordered them when I got the lights based on another post. Just ask Les Wassall at HID, he should be able to help you. I think he call them the Touratech like covers.
    Hope it helps,
    Martin
  17. ADV-Canada

ADV-Canada Never say Never

Oddometer:
    I just started searching for something for my '08 GSA, and before I discovered this thread, I found the bestrestproducts.com bar for the GSA. $160.00 US !

Didn't buy it. Still searching. But like the one on this thread. And plan to keep my stock fogs going. So having the bend-the-bar option is excellent.

Can we still order??? I want/need one!

Was going to mount the Trail Tech HID SCMR16 (with integrated ballast) on top. Heard mixed reviews. But price is right. And PIAA marks up an additional $200 and sells the same lights under their name.

Not sure if these ones are steel or aluminum...

http://www.bestrestproducts.com/p-148-adventure-lightbar.aspx
  18. Hotspice

Oddometer:
    Good talking to you yesterday B..

Like I said, bars are a permanant item at the shop so they should always be in stock.

19. TBob

TBob Offroad Fab Guy

Oddometer:
    does anyone know if these lights will mount on the bottom of the mount and clear?

20. Hotspice

Oddometer:
    TB, the tank on the adventure tapers towards the back of the bike as it goes down, providing more room for clearance so you should have no problem.

I had my Fuego's mounted on the bottom for a while and there was plenty of room.