The CRF250L Owners thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by joec63, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Falcon083

Falcon083 Adventurer

Oddometer:

Nice picture of your trail ride. ! It always amazes me of how clean your bike is. Sorta how a honda photo shoot takes place trailer the bike to a swamp and it's still pristine ! I try to keep my bike clean too. It's an OCD thing. Ha ha ha. What do you use to wash with and keep the grime from sticking.
  2. travelR6

travelR6 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    that is a great idea! will definitely copy that, thank you :freaky

edit: i hope you didn't forget to make some holes in the bottom area for the water drainage thingy :)

i like it. now the bike sounds like a thumper. with the stock exhaust it sounded more like a sewing machine on steriods :D. the slipon is a looooot lighter then the stock pipe which is also awesome.

everybody percieves loudness different i guess, so this is hard to tell. it is definitely louder than the stock pipe and it sound more braaaaap like :evil. in my book its worth the money :evil. orderd it from mad4exhausts.com because they were the cheapest and also with free shipping in europe :clap - not the fastest, not the best customer support, but no problems. i'll make a soundcheck video in a week or so if you are interested.
  3. r6realtor

r6realtor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    lol thanks, yes I can't stand putting away a dirty bike, I just use ice car wash and meguiars spray wax after every wash, seems to definitely let the mud and water slide right off, sometimes if its nasty out I will spend a good while on cleaning/maintaining it, I just love walking in the garage and seeing a showroom looking bike
  4. jsonder

jsonder Tired Old Fart

Oddometer:
    Any chance that I could get you to move to Arizona, live next door to me, and have you keep my bikes clean, too? :evil
  5. fujian

fujian Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Langford ( Victoria ) British Columbia, Canada
    [​IMG]

Just wondering If anyone has been able to get this price of 6,148.55 Canadian or 5579.85 US Dollars on a new CRF250L in British Columbia?

Called a few dealers and asked them If they could match it, but cannot. 6,200 from Vancouver, and Up Vancouver Island they want around 6,300.

What are the Americans paid out the door?

Cheers
    Fujian

[​IMG]

Company rider just posting for the fun of it.
  6. r6realtor

r6realtor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Im betting you have about 100x more places to ride than I do here, so I may have so much more riding to do that maybe I never clean it again!:clap
  7. SAPB

SAPB Long timer

Oddometer:
    One here for $4,899, plus $310 freight.

http://www.razeemotorcycle.com/new.asp
  8. blrfjr

blrfjr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bought mine for $4399 + 399 for other shit charges. I hate those charges.
  9. cccan

cccan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Best price in Edmonton, AB was $5800 with all fees and taxes included.
  10. CatFlap

CatFlap Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got my 2014 for $5,130 US out the door with all the lic and setup fees.

They were gonna charge more until I mentioned the word "cash". The price dropped then since they didn't have to share with the bank.
  11. Falcon083

Falcon083 Adventurer

Oddometer:

Sound clip would be awesome !
  12. Falcon083

Falcon083 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I will be picking some up soon. I use armor all wash right now but is ehhh they need to stick with uv protection. I tried eagle tire/wheel cleaner it works ok but I feel it's abrasive. WD-40 cuts the grease/oil residue but nothing for mud and my wife hates the smell in the garage afterwards. So I will try a new route. Thanks!
  13. Weevrider

Weevrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Bought mine at Courtney Motorsports here on Vancouver Island last year for $4999 plus $509 for fees plus taxes. Just looked at their internet site and still shows listed for $4999.00....
  14. Seedywee

Seedywee Born again biker

Oddometer:
    When the key is turned on and before it's started, there are two noises from my CRF. One is a louder whirring sound, like a motor, for about 2 - 3 seconds and, during that same period, an additional, much quieter sound, for about 1 - 2 seconds that sounds a bit like an arc or a spark.

While it would help to know exactly what these sounds are, I'd just be happy to know they're normal and that other CRFs are the same!

Thanks!
  15. isalas16

isalas16 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I use Denali DM Micro Single Intensity LED I had this stored for about a year I try installing them on my big dog but never really liked how they look.

I did had to fabricate a small bracket, its just a couple of pieces of metal, 5 inches by 1 inch with a hole in each end, I then removed the blinkers and put the bracket in the middle.

As for the muffler cover I have not painted it yet... ordered a can of plasti dip but shipping to Costa Rica takes forever...

I have them covered with 3M carbon fiber imitation sticker, I did it for the muffler cover, the heat-shield and the plastic cover near the brake.
  16. bobfab

bobfab Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am certain the whirring sound is the fuel pump.

I assume that the other clicking sounds are relays related to the instrumentation.
  17. Cfk

Cfk Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What size of rim lockers do you use and what brand? Any info greatly appreciated, cheers
  18. Auto-X Fil

Auto-X Fil Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Motion Pro Liteloc. Much better than the old heavy style. You need a 1.60 for the front, and a 2.15 for the rear.

Also, I just tried out the Kenda Trakmaster II rear and Pirelli Scorpion Pro front last night, on a several-hour enduro ride with pavement, fire roads, and lots of single-track, mud, hillclimbs, and rocks. I'm super-impressed. I doubt they would last very long on my (mostly paved) commute, but they are darned near as good as MX tires in the rough stuff. I'll be using these for all my serious off-roading days now.
  19. Vspec

Vspec Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't have a manual yet and was wondering what were the torque figures for all the swingarm and linkage?

Also what are the figures for the oil filter cover?

Thanks
  20. gnath9

gnath9 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    http://goo.gl/Iwpa25