Help!!! Fault code.... Low Fuel... won't start

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by garyk, Feb 4, 2009.

1. garyk

garyk El Mule

Oddometer:
    I am in Thailand riding and left my bike in Texas.. It is a 1200GSA and i had a lady to start it for me every month... Now she says it will not start. And a Message on the led read out says "Brake failure".... She put fuel in it and it still comes up with the same message and will not even try to turn over.

Can someone please look in there book and tell me what the fault is....

Since i am in Asia riding for the next few months I am very concerned about my bike and would like to know what the problem is....

Thankssssssssssssssssss..... Gary
  2. karlb

karlb My life is a blur

Oddometer:
    is the bike on a charger?? sounds like your battery has died. the brake failure is normal (the light comes on till you start up and begin to move )
  3. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    :nod

This is the most likely thing. You shouldn't start the bike like that anyhow, just let it sit with Stabil in the tank and a maintenance charger on it, battery disconnected from the bike.

Now you either need to have her put a charger on it, or just let it sit until you get back. How long will you be gone?

Jim :brow
  4. CBACH

CBACH Aimless Wanderer

Oddometer:
    As Jim said, you really shouldn't start them like that unless you have the time to ride it and get everything up to operating temperature for a few miles. Otherwise it just creates condensation in the exhaust that can rust and possibly in the crankcase that won't have a chance to evaporate...then it attacks bearings and such. Just put some Sta-bil or Seafoam in a full tank of fuel, run it until it's through the injectors, keep the battery on a proper trickle/maintenance charger and leave it sit :D

Where is it at in TX? I'd be happy to get it prepared to sit if it's in the DFW area....(edit) just saw you're out of SA, so my offer is worthless!