The F5 Bivouac (rallye raid news) and W2RC - World cross country rally championship

Discussion in 'Racing' started by PackMule, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Linc

Linc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I still think it will be in South America next year and then it will move to........

Moscow ~ Bejing

Linc
  2. SafariBerg

SafariBerg Oz Safari Addict

Oddometer:
    Yeah the China connection sometime not too far into the future makes a lot of sense

Again a lot of commercial dollars to be made by Chinese companies increasing global exposure and seeking credibility, its already happening in trickles, couple of more years it will be a flood, bit like the Japanese at Dakar in the '80's when the home economy was booming.

The big determiner will be the domestic political stability at the regional level where the event could take place.
  3. Linc

Linc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yep.....but I think if it came down to local political stability the Chineese government would just make it stable if you get my drift.
  4. PackMule

PackMule love what you do

Oddometer:

This thread may have some info for you: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=428767&highlight=roadbook+motor
  5. BAZZER450

BAZZER450 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well looks like we have our answer! I for you one agree ! Anyone who has done both have comparisions?
  6. Flood

Flood F5lood.

Oddometer:
    Good news about Luca and rumors about Despres leaving KTM at
    http://amadlozi.blogspot.com/2010/02/luca-manca-va-de-mieux-en-mieux.html

From the Dakar thread:
  7. Flood

Flood F5lood.

Oddometer:
    The German version of marathonrally.com has more rumors about the 2011 Dakar:

Supposedly Chile is ready to pay ASO 7 million $ and Argentina 4 million $. Because many participants are pushing for a return to African soil, ASO might think about removing the entry fee to get a full playing field again...

Oh, the drama of the silly season!
  8. Flood

Flood F5lood.

Oddometer:
  9. SafariBerg

Oddometer:
    :poser :poser :poser :poser :poser :poser :poser

they need to stay off the nitrous oxide !!
  10. SafariBerg

Oddometer:
    http://en.mercopress.com/2010/01/21/german-company-wants-dakar-rally-to-stay-in-south-america

German company wants Dakar Rally to stay in South America

Winners Volkswagen wants the Dakar Rally to stay in South America and not to move back to Africa, the spokesman of the carmaker's motor-sport division said late Wednesday. Spokesman Stefan Moser raved about large and enthusiastic crowds at the two editions in Chile and Argentina and named security another aspect in favour of South America.

”You could drive through Germany and throw 100-euros bills out of the window. But you still wouldn't see such enthusiastic fans as here (in South America). It is just nicer to drive past happy people,“ Moser said.
    ”We had to change five windscreens at the last Dakar in Africa (2007) because stones were thrown at the cars.“

The Dakar was held in Africa in the past but moved to South America in 2009 for security reasons after been cancelled in 2008 due to terrorist threats.

Dakar boss Etienne Lavigne said on the weekend that ”there is a desire to go back to Africa,” with a final decision of the Dakar board expected by the end of February. The recent attack on the Togo football team in Angola ahead of the African Cup of Nations could, however, lead to new safety concerns.

VW have won both editions in South America and swept the podium in the latest edition which ended on Sunday. Carlos Sainz of Spain won from Qatar's Nasser Al-Attiyah and Mark Miller of the US.

Moser said the tracks were as interesting in South America as they were in Africa, but did also not hide the fact that the region is an important market for the German carmaker. VW has major plants in Brazil and Argentina.

[​IMG]
  11. doyle

doyle RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer:
    Also kind of under the radar this year was the launch of a Chinese language dakar.com. :augie
  12. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Supporter

Oddometer:
    Howdy folks, nice to see so many of you I shared cyberspace with for the Dakar. Sorry to interrupt, back to the regular programming.:lol3
  13. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    cant find ANY info about Despres goin back to BMW

[​IMG]
  14. gagnaou

gagnaou Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Me neither, I am also on a frecnh list serve and one of the guy was saying that actually Despres and Coma signed up with KTM again and that KTM was working on a 450...
  15. PackMule

PackMule love what you do

Oddometer:

Luca was on a lot of hardcore drugs for a while...

:lol3
  16. Flood

Flood F5lood.

Oddometer:
    I tried to confirm it, but I still don't know. I can say the info came from Luca, who probably has other things on his plate now.
  17. fetid_swamp

fetid_swamp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    dont want to bad mouth the man, but is luca running interference for coma.:lol3
  18. italrally

italrally Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Coma and Despres next year for the Dakar 2011 on 450 KTM !!!
    On other FIM races again on the 690 KTM !!!
  19. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    if true... wondering if they are making the RFS 450 more reliable and adding tanks or breaking out the 05 400 (660) rallye.. probably the former .. wonder also if Coma has a "no cheat" clause?? No word on him and tyregate... guess he did the deed huh?
  20. K2vodka

K2vodka Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is this true?

I saw Gagnaou said that Luca knew that Despres had left KTM for BMW when speaking of Luca's health.

Is this just a rumor or fact?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

I did quick search on net and nothing came up and now I have to run.

Big news in my opinion.

Any info from those that are connected and would know this kind of things would be greatly appreciated.

Grazie!