Riding a Ural WITHOUT the sidecar

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by krayziesensei, Dec 19, 2012.

1. krayziesensei

krayziesensei n00b

Oddometer:
    I already posted this on SovietSteeds, but I figured it may be of some interest here, too.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qICoUSW5PAQ?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->
    I honestly didn't see what all the fuss was about with riding these bikes without the hack. The steering was quicker and a little more touchy but it didn't feel any worse than my SM.
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
  2. Melrone

Melrone Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have top admitt i've tried this with my 92RT with the EML off.It had a Unit Front end on it.What a trip to ride.It can be done.. Just recently I tried this on my GSA with a modified front end and 165hr15 car wheel.NOW THAT WAS FUN!!!!! Nice video..:freaky:clap
  3. camaroz1985

camaroz1985 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like you had some fun. I have kind of been jonesing for a solo bike. Might have to try this at some point.

I like that your video is your actual true first impressions, not you trying to recount them. You seemed quite giddy.
  4. krayziesensei

krayziesensei n00b

Oddometer:
    Yea, I've been toying with the idea of getting a new 2-wheeler for comfortable longish rides at a little higher speeds. I can't really afford a new bike, so I was pretty excited when I took the Ural out solo and it rode so well. A few mods and this bike can play both rolls very well.
  5. Melrone

Melrone Long timer

Oddometer:
    I oops the car tire is on the rear.The last time I rode mine on 2 wheels I rode it for about 10miles it was fun..But I have a couple of Airheads to ride around on...:deal