The Inmate "Build"

Discussion in 'Some Assembly Required' started by Motomochila, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Motomochila

Motomochila Moto Scientist and time traveler

Oddometer:
    something like this maybe. Ecosse's X-4

[​IMG]

or maybe... the goal is to build something interesting. My metal fabricator can build anything I can come up with.

[​IMG]
  2. kellymac530

kellymac530 motorcycle addict

Oddometer:
    What happened to the "rules"

I do not hate JTH Dualsporty or some of the many others....but I was in until HD and Buell got thrown back in.
    Honda Shadow ace 750 chain drive model into a full blown Vtwin DS with MX suspension...Im back in.
    One of these with custom suspension and frame:

[​IMG]
    Ver foto maior
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
  3. sailah

sailah Lampin' it

Oddometer:
    40k??:eek1 That will get you quite a machine
  4. jake28

jake28 Riding to the horizon.

Oddometer:
    or 10 of them.

Keep a tally of funds and time spent.
  5. Motomochila

Oddometer:
    Well shit.... the price was too good. doesn't mean its in stone, (or metal) yet. The twins can sit for another year, since this is a Democracy. It will be the Inmate build. Still haven't found the right machinery for the right price. What I wanted? Kawasaki W650, or a triple 2-smoke, maybe a Beemer, (the early years). I do own a couple of XS 650's but I already am in the works on a Kenny Roberts Shell Thuet Replica in street clothes. I do have my limitations; notice my moniker; "mechanically inept". I will keep up my search of boneyards and fleemarket specials, but time is a wastin' Gotta get to the torch within the next 60 days or the few will abandon me like so many others here. Noooooooo!!

More Ideas..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. subybaja

subybaja Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cool:
    [​IMG]

How about something combining a TW, a Rokon, and an ADV bike? Bigger than a TW, more power than a Rokon, more offroad capable than a GS, 2 wheel drive...How about a hi/lo gearbox while we're at it, like the old Hondas had...

Big tires:
    [​IMG]
    Link

Still underpowered, but closer:
    [​IMG]

For a little offroad trip:
    [​IMG]
  7. Luke

Luke GPoET&P

Oddometer:

Hopefully. If you start paying fabricators to do the work the money's going to dissapear pretty quickly.

So are there any limits to this project? How about a rally hack? Sort of a cross between this:

[​IMG]

and this:

[​IMG]

Basically a 3 wheel Subaru WRX.

The harley motor in the back would probably be a good powerplant for that sort of thing.
  8. Carter Pewterschmidt

Carter Pewterschmidt Long timer

Oddometer:
    No street bike with dirt bike suspension builds. It's a neat concept but it's been done on here and for the most part they all look quite ugly.

I vote for something with a bit more class. Like a V-twin bobber/tracker/scrambler build. Leaning more towards a high piped scrambler or maybe even an old road race faired XR750TT style bike.
  9. Motomochila

Oddometer:

How about a Dirt bike turned Street bike? This one is currently in the works to be finished sometime in the next few months. I am in the middle of shaping the seat/plastics/rear fender section. I took a Honda 650 R seat and mated it to a Honda 450X sub frame after fabbing CBR 600 parts including shock and complete front clip. Rear sets and a tucked under pipe mated to twin Yoshimura Tri-oval Carbon fiber cans. Euro electric start should make this fun and easy to ride. pics in a few months.
    [​IMG]

..or take a great old classic and turn it into something modern? I just bought this at the Las Vegas antique auction. could be a post modern bobber with disc brakes and cool graphics. I'm still hip on the twin tracker or possibly something with a BMW R65/75 loaded into a custom frame with 50mm Marzocchi forks and a 2 into 1 pipe. 320 mm front brakes and clip on bars. Still up in the air. I will be completing two projects within the next few weeks and will make a final decision based on feedback... anybody capable of taking sketches and turning them into CAD? I'm a sketch and build guy, not a real engineer type of designer. I will need some help if anyone interested.

[​IMG]
  10. bk brkr baker

bk brkr baker Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Whatever happens, I vote don't violate that sweet BSA. It deserves respect for what it's been through, the age it's from and just how right it already is.
    Thousands of other bikes need violation, just not the BSA.
    I have a MZ Skorpion, it's my second one. The first I bought with a salvage title, jumped through a bunch of hoops to get it licensed in Ky. then rode it happily for 10,000 miles. When I stopped riding it much I sold it for about what I had in it.
    [​IMG]

The one I have now is rougher and I'm thinking about repurposing it into a suedo Scrambler type bike. So far just thinking , I have too many in the pipeline ahead of it.