Not into sports?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by LBourque, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Tellydoug

Tellydoug Troubador of joy

Oddometer:
    I watched one superbowl in 1977. They run some cool ads that you can find on Youtube afterwards.

I thought it was the Baltimore Colts?

What are the Ravens? A new team?

I read a thread about a woman who paid $5k+ for some non existent tickets on Craigslist so Ticketmaster sent her a couple of freebies, and she was a 49ers fan, so I guess they're playing.

I'll probably work some, and maybe go skiing. Should have the hill pretty much to myself.
  2. miguelitro

miguelitro I like the ads, in fact, give me more ads.

Oddometer:
    I miss underwater hockey! its the best training for breath hold spearfishing!
    In San Diego I would always surf during superbowl, the water was always empty. I don't think Ecuador cares all that much and all the ex-pats here are like 150 years old:D
    Mike
  3. STUFF2C

STUFF2C We Ain't Left Yet!!

Oddometer:
    When they started paying the spoiled brats elevendy billion dollars a season. I quit. I gave it up completely when I decided to take my family to a basketball game here in Orlando. $25 to park and $45 bucks for the nose bleed seats. family of four with chit food well over $250

Most of my family are sports freaks.

I will be watching the Superbowl... but my weekends are not devoted to watching men slap each other on the ass.
  4. madeouttaglass

madeouttaglass Hippie Ki Yay! Humboldt changed my life.

Oddometer:
    The Lost Coast of California, occasionally AZ
    I'm with you. I don't know the rules to any sports and could give a damn about watching other people play games. Let's ride.
  5. Gregg Wannabe

Gregg Wannabe Just killing time

Oddometer:
    Superbowl Sunday is a great day to take the kids to Disneyland; no lines.

Last night I was treated to COURTSIDE tickets to the Phoenix Suns (that's basketball for you guys reading this) game. It was great watching the game from there but I did not know anything about the players, the season, etc. But I loved it. But that was the first basketball game I have seen anywhere, including TV in 30 years. Probably never see another one unless I get invited there again.

I don't know or care about any sports really but I do enjoy seeing the Padres (that would be San Diego baseball) about 4-5 times a season; great social night out with friends.

I think is it REALLY odd that some are such rabid fans. This obsession with players who would have no interest whatsoever in meeting you the fan, is amazing to me.

I will be going to a Super Bowl party tomorrow and will probably read the sports section tomorrow for the first time in a year just to try and understand a bit about what is going on, who the players are, the drama, etc.

Cheers, non-fans! :freaky
  6. GasGas300

GasGas300 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am glad to hear I am not the only weirdo out there that cant stand to watch sports - I cant even stand to listen to the over hyped broadcasters yack about the shit. "Jigholio just ripped down the field and put up a bucket" And "the Jet's slayed the colts on their home turf for their final win of the season" Ohh lets all clap our hands and beat off for them
  7. Al Tuna

Al Tuna Off The Hook

Oddometer:
    Never could figure out the fascination with the ball.
    As a kid the bases on the field were a hazard when flat tracking on the diamond. :D
  8. sweepster

sweepster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Womyns Beach Volleyball ... only sport worth watching ... :norton

Even more so if Brazil are playing ....
  9. vettex2

vettex2 X-Racer

Oddometer:
    the estrogen is strong in this thread :lol3
  10. elwood206

elwood206 turns food into poop

Oddometer:
    This describes it much more eloquently that I can :
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xN1WN0YMWZU" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>
  11. rufus

rufus We're burning daylight...

Oddometer:
  12. ChrisC

ChrisC Amal sex?

Oddometer:
    Anybody with that much Nascar in their sig line...

[​IMG]
  13. portablejohn

portablejohn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Adventures are much better than sports. Adventures build character, and the goal is to have everyone return safely.

Competitive sports reinforces the whole "winner/loser" thing. Cheat to win. Do steroids. Idolize Cheaters as God's. So what if they are involved in dog fighting. Beat their girlfriend? So what? They are gods...

Some news report was talking about the SB. The "Winner" and "Loser". The non winning team is actually second best, not the loser.
  14. Twilight Error

Twilight Error Going nowhere slowly

Oddometer:
    Meh.

I'm working 2nd shift tomorrow to monitor a test, I figure 8 hours of watching a pump move water around will be about as entertaining as the game.
  15. roadfool

roadfool Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Tomorrow I'm going to buy a 97 KE-100, and try some two stroke riding..........in the snow . Will send in pics of the x-rays when I get out of the hospital:eek1
  16. Treedguy

Treedguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Guilty.
    Do. Don't watch.
  17. Gummee!

Gummee! That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer:
    You may want to look around. There may very well be some UW Hockey down there. Ex-pats ya know...

Buddy of mine and I would buy $5 nosebleed seats for the Padres when they were at the Q/Jack Murphy/whateveritscallednow and make our way down as far as we could. Sometimes we got great seats. Sometimes we got the boot. :lol

As a nice day out of the office, a live baseball game's OK. Watching it on TV? :snore Like watching golf. :snore

M
  18. HapHazard

HapHazard Be Kind - Rewind

Oddometer:
    :lol3 And the next time one of these atheletes/coaches/managers says anything original or interesting will the first time (since Ali, of course).

I was born without the sports gene, and care not for sticks and balls. I notice that nearly all my friends who are heavily into cars and bikes don't care much for sports either, and the ones who don't care much for machinery are more likely to be riding the couch on "Super Sunday".
  19. ChrisC

ChrisC Amal sex?

Oddometer:
    May run down Senator Hwy to Crown King. Not sure. Rain in am? :ear
  20. chiefrider

chiefrider Chrome won't get you home

Oddometer:
    Stick and ball games. *yawn*

Tom in Salem