User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2006, 07:55 PM   #16
dancerdave
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 167
honda passport

you always hear about someone finding old stuff in barns or fence rows,well i went to look at a 1953 r51/3 in greenville ky and there was a little red mini trail and a 70 honda passport(yellow and white) stuck back in this old barn .. to make a long story short i brought them all home.. the honda's run but the old black r51/3 hasn't fired yet.. maybe someday...
Old 06-07-2006, 08:58 AM   #17
HONDApassportMAN1980
n00b

Oddometer: 4
ya minis are very nice, i was ashamed when my father got rid of out 1978 honda XL175 it was in the mintest condition he sold it for 600 bucks now they go for a little bit more
HONDApassportMAN1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:14 AM   #18
dinamasu
f650-2125

Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by da 919_ster
I got an 81 passport. thing was cool. three speed transmission. did about 50 mph. took my roadtest on it!
I have a 1983 that I put over 1,000 miles a year on. I bought it in 2002 with 900 miles on the odo and it now has 7,400 miles.

Top speed is 44 mph. Gas mileage is about 105 mpg.

Old 02-28-2008, 01:24 PM   #19
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,087
the other good source for parts for all the small hondas including the ct90 and passport is www.dratv.com

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 05:10 PM   #20
Lobster Grrl
Ground feeder

Oddometer: 2,474
My first real transportation was a 1982 Passport. My dad came down to Austin, TX for a visit and bought it for me. Brand new, a blue one. I ended up lashing a milk crate to the back to haul college textbooks and groceries in.
I took my motorcycle drivers exam on this bike and passed without any problems. Back then Austin was a lot smaller than it is today. I rode that bike all over the city, and eventually on a road trip across the whole state. It would go 50mph no problem, faster if you were going down hill and the wind was at your back . I rode pretty much year round. I wore a helmet most of the time, to off set the shorts, tank top and sandals I guess

Wish I still had it.
Lobster Grrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:09 AM   #21
Bugtussle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 533
SYM might be bringing in a new CUB to the states this year called the WoW WoW. http://www.scooterstation.com/parts/

Bugtussle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:35 PM   #22
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancerdave
you always hear about someone finding old stuff in barns or fence rows,well i went to look at a 1953 r51/3 in greenville ky and there was a little red mini trail and a 70 honda passport(yellow and white) stuck back in this old barn .. to make a long story short i brought them all home.. the honda's run but the old black r51/3 hasn't fired yet.. maybe someday...

I got to talking to one of the guys I work with and when we got to motorcycles and CT90's etc he mentioned he had something similiar in his barn. I went to look at it and it was a 1981 Honda Passport. He also had a neat old Yamaha YG5T or something like that. I bought the Honda for $100 and he made me take the Yamaha which I gave to C.Herman. The honda runs great and I have done a fair amount of work to revive it. Still need to do a few small things but it should be ready to ride come summer.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:25 PM   #23
Lobster Grrl
Ground feeder

Oddometer: 2,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S
I got to talking to one of the guys I work with and when we got to motorcycles and CT90's etc he mentioned he had something similiar in his barn. I went to look at it and it was a 1981 Honda Passport. He also had a neat old Yamaha YG5T or something like that. I bought the Honda for $100 and he made me take the Yamaha which I gave to C.Herman. The honda runs great and I have done a fair amount of work to revive it. Still need to do a few small things but it should be ready to ride come summer.
Great find! I'm green with envy though.
Lobster Grrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:47 AM   #24
ysr612
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S
similar story I got my passport when I was buying a 77 yz125. I said that I wanted the 125 and he said it will cost you 150 and you have to take the Passport. So I asked him how much more for the passport he got the title and said "you have to take the passport."

new points and I have put over 5k miles on it.
ysr612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:20 PM   #25
cyoung
n00b

Oddometer: 3
DO NOT go to Discounthondaparts.com!

They showed the part as available, took my information and credit card number, then emailed me that it was discontinued. Bike Bandit showed the part as unavailable, why can't Discounthondaparts.com?
cyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:48 PM   #26
wanna bECO
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster Grrl
My first real transportation was a 1982 Passport. My dad came down to Austin, TX for a visit and bought it for me.

Wish I still had it.
Anytime you make your way to phoenix... look me up, and you can ride on my '82, I might even let you drive.
Attached Images

wanna bECO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:32 AM   #27
AviatorTroy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,567
My favorite picture ever....

Of a Passport.
Attached Images

AviatorTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:55 AM   #28
Kismet
vagrant philosopher

Oddometer: 387
Stumbled across this thread in a search...

I'm still waiting...but soon...I'll have an 80 and 81 set of running Passports.

With luck, also with a running 110 ATC.

Got the two Passports via Craig's list last year...the first from a kid who trashed his after being given it by his Boss, the second from a guy who had one in a shed and which hadn't run in years.

Gave them to a former Service Manager of a Honda franchise...and have waited. He's not given to buying aftermarket parts. :( Soo...

It is not like I need them, but be fun out here in the country. One will have ChinShens on it, the other Michelins...I had to find the tires...no one had them for months.

The ATC was a swap for a mini trail which was killing my OLD spine on farm tracks and pasture land. The guy who dropped it off looked so honest, you'd swear he went from being a Gerber baby to Eagle Scout to Church Minister. (Uh, don't always go by the impression a guy gives. :) )

But...once again, the service guy is bringing it back. I won't be jumping berms, just toodling around on farm fields. The two stage transmission will work just fine for my restricted uses. I've really never trusted 3 wheelers, so slow is good for me.

Once they arrive, I have to take pictures of frame serial numbers and bills of sale and send them off to WI DOT for a replacement title. THAT should be a joy !

But, what the hell...$100 for one, $75 for the other, and a $100 mini trail swap for the ATC. I've given the wrench $200 so far..my idea...and he doesn't want more money til he's done. I figure @ $400 for the work and parts...and then...

I TERRORIZE the country-side !!!!

'75 R90/6
'78 R100/7, well really, R80/7
'87 Radian/fj600
'81 C70--IT'S ALIVE !!!!
Kismet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #29
jesse8931
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDApassportMAN1980 View Post
if anyone wants stock oem parts www.discounthondaparts.com has every thing so for you restorers thats the place i go

dratc is cheaper
jesse8931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #30
batphluke
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
I've got a sweet red '78 C70 (as Honda imaginatively called them in the UK) in the garage awaiting restoration. Bought it for 20 Earth pounds a while ago. Just need some time and money to sort it out now, I'm just beginning to put together my Triumph sidecar outfit, and then I'm planning to rebuild my wife's Honda XBR500 in time for her 40th birthday. (she was riding a C90 to College everyday when we met, I knew then she was the one for me!) Reading this forum makes me want to get the little Honda going so much... I love those old step thru's, more smiles per mile than anything else on wheels I always think.

Mal
93 Triumph Trident 900
83 Kawasaki Z550
78 Honda C70
Velorex 562 (attached to Mrs. B's 85 Honda XBR500)
batphluke is offline   Reply With Quote