Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2013, 04:27 PM   #46
klx250sfguy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazbird View Post
It's that baby blue color color I've never liked. It has the requisite torn seat that happens with Passports - now it has my own homemade cover. A bit of corrosion here and there, a milk crate and front rack. Why the descriptors and no photo's? Its not pretty, but more importantly, my uploading picture abilities are about at 1981 levels.
I can visualize it.

Regarding uploading difficulties, I can relate ... I used to have trouble too.
klx250sfguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:58 AM   #47
klx250sfguy
Studly Adventurer

Greenlea

Beautiful day today in St. John's Newfoundland. Decided to go for a ride.

Spotted this ship down by the harbour. The National Geographic Explorer. Cool.

Found a nice little spot on a sidewalk downtown, close to my favourite coffee shop.

Enjoyed a chocolate croissant and a cup of tea while watching the world go by. Thinking of my niece Greenlea who was born on this day one year ago, she passed away six days after she was born. Thinking of my sister and her husband too, it was their first child.

If anyone wants to do something nice, write Greenlea, anywhere, on anything (the more creative the better), then post a pic here, I'll send it to my sis. She's a biker (has an SV650) - it'll cheer her up. Nothing worse than losing a child. Nothing.

This is Greenlea here with her mom and dad.

klx250sfguy screwed with this post 09-07-2013 at 08:07 AM
Old 09-21-2013, 02:46 PM   #48
Tylenol
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
I had to, couldn't take it anylonger... I snuck my Passport off the property through the back field and wend down the old pit roads into trail country. I found some mud, some rocks, and those big long legged birds that everyone gets so excited about, herring? maybe? can't think of the name. Then I joined the old CN line where I managed to pick up several ferns with my exhaust pipe, and went back to my mothers for storage.
Soon I am going to attempt a run from moms to my place along the old CP railway.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:26 PM   #49
chazbird
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,330
Its not a kind thing to admit to but a Passport is an outstanding "dirt bike". Its very light, and has quite low gearing. And in a way, its got a real sleeper feature - no clutch to slip or burn out. This is a huge advantage when you're paddling, or better yet, pushing through mud. Whenits seemingly impassable you can walk the bike at slow idle. I've ridden a little of off road on my current C70 and did 1200 mostly unpaved and trail riding miles in Vietnam in some extremely nasty (& muddy) conditions. Everything and everyone got stuck eventually, but not the Passport - which was actually a Thai Honda 100 Dream with a 4 speed auto clutch.
chazbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:57 PM   #50
Tylenol
Gnarly Adventurer

I have considered doing a 4 speed conversion and changing the final drive gear to I think a 16 tooth, don't recall. But I think I am going to leave it stock, keep it in good shape and let my oldest drive it to school when she is old enough. Maybe when me and the bike are sixty, we will both be piggybacking children around still.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:21 PM   #51
chazbird
Beastly Adventurer

Further dirt hints: a Passport (sized) motorcycle is also a reasonable size and weight to drag over, or under, logs - should that be required.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #52
klx250sfguy
Studly Adventurer

That's good to know. Makes sense.

In the meantime, my Passport is happiest riding the streets of my colourful little city.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:11 PM   #53
chazbird
Beastly Adventurer

I stopped doing drugs a very long time ago. What city is that?
Old 09-22-2013, 03:26 AM   #54
klx250sfguy
Studly Adventurer

Haha, it's St. John's Newfoundland.

The sun is splitting the rocks here this morning so I'm gonna get off my iPad and ride.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:19 AM   #55
snakebit
growing old disgracefully

Oddometer: 1,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by klx250sfguy View Post
That's good to know. Makes sense.

In the meantime, my Passport is happiest riding the streets of my colourful little city.

for years
That picture is great. Someplace I've wanted to visit for years. Maybe someday.

Several years ago I spent 6 weeks in Halifax on my sailboat and met a lot of Newfies down on holiday. You fuckers are nuts, in the best possible way. Drinking, laughing and home made music, all at their finest.

I've had two passports and two ct 90s in the last few years. I sold all of those and bought a Symba which I'd love to explore Newfoundland on.

snakebit screwed with this post 09-22-2013 at 05:29 AM
snakebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:52 AM   #56
klx250sfguy
Studly Adventurer

I can't take credit for that picture, or for this one (taken this morning).

Ya, it's a great city, with colorful houses and colorful characters. You'd have a blast on your Symba here.

Here are more pics from this morning.

klx250sfguy screwed with this post 09-23-2013 at 06:30 PM Reason: More pics
Old 09-23-2013, 08:05 PM   #57
Tylenol
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I can't take credit for that picture, or for this one (taken this morning).

Ya, it's a great city, with colorful houses and colorful characters. You'd have a blast on your Symba here.

Here are more pics from this morning.

Wow, Saint John's is like a supersized Liverpool, all the colours of the rainbow.
I noticed most of you still have stock looking tires do they still sell them? I put a pair of dunloops on mine, 3.0 in the back with a 2.50 front. They were ordered and never picked up so I got them for cheap, the speedometer doesn't seem to be off by much with them.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:16 PM   #58
Tylenol
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:

This is Greenlea here with her mom and dad.

This picture reminds me of when I got to hold my daughter for the first time. I think she was 2 weeks old before I was allowed to touch her.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:21 AM   #59
klx250sfguy
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylenol View Post
Wow, Saint John's is like a supersized Liverpool, all the colours of the rainbow.
I noticed most of you still have stock looking tires do they still sell them? I put a pair of dunloops on mine, 3.0 in the back with a 2.50 front. They were ordered and never picked up so I got them for cheap, the speedometer doesn't seem to be off by much with them.
I'm not sure if they still sell them but these are soon to be replaced with Michelin Gazelle's.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #60
Tylenol
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I'm not sure if they still sell them but these are soon to be replaced with Michelin Gazelle's.
I was gonna go with Gazelles but they had these and I was in need of a tire badly, and I was itchen to drive lol.
I found the stock front tire didn't do too well on loose stuff