Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2008, 12:53 PM   #1501
Slyder
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribouCases
We no longer offer the 1520 case with a lid lock integrated.
Quote:
Our current lid lock system fits the 1550, 1520, 1600 and 1610.
Rats. Are you willing to offer them as a special order item in order to make the sale for the overall system? You already have the jig, right? I'm in need of a matching set of side cases and top case, and really am not interested in something as large as a 35L box for a top case.

Please?

- Chris
Slyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 05:03 PM   #1502
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

Oddometer: 1,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpedal
Rats. Are you willing to offer them as a special order item in order to make the sale for the overall system? You already have the jig, right? I'm in need of a matching set of side cases and top case, and really am not interested in something as large as a 35L box for a top case.

Please?

- Chris
Hi Chris,

The 1520 size case did not sell well, and when Pelican made changes the case we did not make new jigs.
Made in Boulder, Colorado USA
PH: 303-786-8947 Mon-Sat 8:00am-5:00pm Mountain Time Zone
CaribouCases is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 09:41 PM   #1503
jazzmans
fickt euch

Oddometer: 7,920
Howdy Roger.

My latch assembly on the pelican top case broke, causing a sweet tumble for the pelican case down the road.

How much for the latch? I need the knob you turn, to the tongue. the shaft broke in half.

thanks.

jaz

life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.

Klay-->You know what I mean, you bubble-headed noise-maker.
jazzmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:14 AM   #1504
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzmans
Howdy Roger.

My latch assembly on the pelican top case broke, causing a sweet tumble for the pelican case down the road.

How much for the latch? I need the knob you turn, to the tongue. the shaft broke in half.

thanks.

jaz
Hi Jaz,

The latches are $25, but this looks like a warranty issue to me. Please send me a PM, email or call and we'll figure it out.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:45 PM   #1505
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,603
Roger, I looked around but I couldn't find it. Can you post a picture of the bottom of the top case? I just want to see how much hardware sticks out and whether or not this would be a bitch to use as a travel case.

Also, any thoughts on also drilling holes in the rack in the appropriate locations as to allow the installation of the GIVI pyramid clamp and mushroom bolts for those of us who would like the top plate to pull double duty as to support both your top case as well as a GIVI for those of us who have them lying around?
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:07 PM   #1506
502MAD
502MAD

Oddometer: 78
Man, that Uly looks real good with them on. Looks factory.I'm still guessing that your softtail dude aint puttin a set on his Nighttrain!!!

Canadian Distributor for: EarthX,Skene Design,Posi-Products,F2P Tech,Racer,HelmetLok, & more..
502MAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 03:13 PM   #1507
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded
Roger, I looked around but I couldn't find it. Can you post a picture of the bottom of the top case? I just want to see how much hardware sticks out and whether or not this would be a bitch to use as a travel case.

Also, any thoughts on also drilling holes in the rack in the appropriate locations as to allow the installation of the GIVI pyramid clamp and mushroom bolts for those of us who would like the top plate to pull double duty as to support both your top case as well as a GIVI for those of us who have them lying around?
Hi,

Note: Our top case design has changed and there are no brackets on the bottom.

CaribouCases screwed with this post 07-09-2011 at 04:57 PM
Old 12-17-2008, 02:49 PM   #1508
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,603
Quote:

Mr. Metzger, yes you can get just the Caribou Top Case latch system hardware. Our top case system uses a backing plate inside the case, and this doubles as a drill template, assuming you already have one of the cases we sell (Pelican 1550, Storm iM2600, SKB ATA 300). If you already have the case, you will need our cargo plate for your bike, and then the top case latch system hardware (call me for prices).
Can't believe I never noticed this before, Roger, can you PM me a price on the latch system. Also the dimensions. I have a custom Pelican type case designed and molded for specialty equipment that I sometimes need to bring with me. Although it fits in my panniers just fine it does take up pretty much all the space in there. I already have your top plate.
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 08:02 AM   #1509
jdmetzger
Lone Wolf

Oddometer: 3,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded
Can't believe I never noticed this before, Roger, can you PM me a price on the latch system. Also the dimensions. I have a custom Pelican type case designed and molded for specialty equipment that I sometimes need to bring with me. Although it fits in my panniers just fine it does take up pretty much all the space in there. I already have your top plate.
How serendipitous that you quoted an answer to a post I made a while back, AND that I was coming to this thread to ask a question related to that reply.

Roger: I'm still planning on attaching an existing Hardigg-Storm case I have to my R100GSPD as a top case (it will look good with the 40L side bags). You mentioned designing a rear cargo plate for this bike, which would save me from making one custom or modifying a "universal" one. Any word on this - will this still be happening? I don't really need it for a few months yet, but I was curious as I might order that at the same time I order some Hepco-Becker compatible bags/mounts for another bike.

Thanks!
Old 12-19-2008, 01:04 PM   #1510
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmetzger
How serendipitous that you quoted an answer to a post I made a while back, AND that I was coming to this thread to ask a question related to that reply.

Roger: I'm still planning on attaching an existing Hardigg-Storm case I have to my R100GSPD as a top case (it will look good with the 40L side bags). You mentioned designing a rear cargo plate for this bike, which would save me from making one custom or modifying a "universal" one. Any word on this - will this still be happening? I don't really need it for a few months yet, but I was curious as I might order that at the same time I order some Hepco-Becker compatible bags/mounts for another bike.

Thanks!
Hi Josh,

No plans to make a top case for the R100GS at this time. I've got two major projects to get done before spring, so I would not be able to get to this until later in 2009, and even then I would probably make very few, one for me for sure. Thank you for checking.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:24 PM   #1511
coletrain
All aboard!

Oddometer: 472
tt frame

Any plans to make cases that attach to the touratech pannier frame for an 01-03 F650GS?
coletrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 02:30 PM   #1512
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by coletrain
Any plans to make cases that attach to the touratech pannier frame for an 01-03 F650GS?
No plans for the TT racks. There are already a couple of vendors (including TT) that make the puck-style attach system for TT racks, and you can use this method with just about any case with a flat back (you can buy any of our cases with no holes or attach hardware and use them in this fashion). Frankly though, I am no fan of the puck system. FYI - We do make rugged attach systems for Hepco Becker, Givi and SW Motech racks.

Thank you.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:45 PM   #1513
jazzmans
fickt euch

Oddometer: 7,920
thank you.

Thank you Roger, as far as I'm concerned, that was above and beyond.

Your cases / mounting system are excellent.

jaz

life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.

Klay-->You know what I mean, you bubble-headed noise-maker.
jazzmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:51 AM   #1514
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

New Hard Bolt Kit for Hepco Becker and SW Motech EVO 1/4-Turn Quick Release Racks

Introducing the Caribou Hard Bolt Kit for the newer Hepco Becker and SW Motech EVO side luggage racks with the 1/4-Turn Quick Release fastening system. The Caribou Hard Bolt Kit allows you to replace the 1/4-Turn Quick Release fasteners with regular stainless steel bolts for added strength and rigidity. The 1/4-Turn Quick Release fasteners work great for normal use, but since they are a spring loaded fastener, we recommend this Hard Bolt kit for heavy touring and off-road riding with side cases attached. This kit also provides added security over the 1/4-Turn fasteners making it more difficult for someone to remove the case from your bike. Makes a great add-on for our Caribou ALS Side Luggage Systems for Hepco Becker and SW Motech EVO racks since our ALS system provides lockable quick attach/release of the case without having to mess with the 1/4-Turn fasteners.

You get a set of 8 stainless steel M8 bolts, large washers, nylock nuts and counter-bored aluminum spacers....

Please visit www.cariboucases.com (search under the "Cases for Hepco Becker" or "Cases for SW Motech" categories) for pricing and to order. Thank you!

CaribouCases screwed with this post 12-25-2008 at 06:17 AM
Old 12-24-2008, 08:31 PM   #1515
Brad Felmey
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,995
Man, there's gotta be a way for me to adapt one of these systems to my NX650. What I need to do is go to Boulder with the bike, a torch, welder, and a checkbook. :-D
Brad Felmey is offline   Reply With Quote