Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2006, 12:02 PM   #211
iuekwee
Let's be friends.

Oddometer: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventurePipe
iuekwee, The BEST way to get a discount specifically for BMW F650GS AdventurePipe accessories, and I hope I am not going to break an unwritten rule here by mentioning another excellent web-site (if I do someone let me know and I'll edit this out), is to join the Chain Gang at www.f650.com. Great bunch of folks and you'll get more than your membership costs back, and be part of a very good bunch. I know some of the money from that site goes to charity, so you'll be doing a good thing too.

-rog
Right oh, I will look into that!
iuekwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 05:21 PM   #212
R_W
wannabe

Oddometer: 4,126
How's it going?
R_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:13 PM   #213
Oldrice
oldrice.com

Oddometer: 527
Cool2

Is there any way you could make up a mounting rack system like the KLR or ... for my 88 NX650? I really like these. In fact I've been researching the pelicans for a while now and recently bought a mig welder and... well... then you came along. Lemme know!

AJS Trials, CB250K0, XL250K0
Oldrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 04:28 AM   #214
sherpa
...Robert

Oddometer: 3,175
I don't usually like to be the sweaky wheel, but the obvious demand for this excellent system demands that a man speak up or get buried by the rushing hordes around here...

I'm dying to see what you come up with for the KTM 640.

Keep up the good work AdventurePipe. just bump that KTM up the list a bit will ya.

05 640 Adventure
08 KTM 250 XCFW

I'd trade all my motorcycles for one Flying Dragon.
sherpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:53 AM   #215
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

Oddometer: 1,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_W
How's it going?
The BMW 1150GS/1100GS/Adventure Caribou case system is in stock and available now.

The BMW F650GS and BMW 1200GS are in production and will be available in mid-to-late February.

I'm working on the KLR now, V-strom is up next. After that it will be the other thumpers (KTM, Suzuki, Honda), and maybe the KTM 950 and Buell, to be scheduled over the spring/summer.

I've also designed the retention straps to keep your stuff in place when you open the case, and developed the optional 2 liter tool kit case.

-rog
Made in Boulder, Colorado USA
PH: 303-786-8947 Mon-Sat 8:00am-5:00pm Mountain Time Zone
CaribouCases is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:14 AM   #216
hairsmith
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 221
Have you had a chance to check if your top case mount will work on a 1150 GSadv rack?
Also will the Side cases swap with the top box?
Hairsmith
hairsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:38 AM   #217
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairsmith
Have you had a chance to check if your top case mount will work on a 1150 GSadv rack?
Also will the Side cases swap with the top box?
Hairsmith, I don' t have the top case or mounting plate design done, but I plan to make a flat plate that will accept the case, and this plate will double as a rear rack. I don't see a problem attaching this plate to an existing rear rack (some spacers my be needed). The top case will probably not swap with the side case because the bracket attached to the case will be a little different. A top case and a side case have different load/support requirements, and to make one fit both would compromise one or both.

-rog
Old 01-31-2006, 10:46 AM   #218
Oddfellow
Beasty Rider

Oddometer: 455
I installed a set of Roger's cases on my 2002 R1150GS Adventure a couple of weeks ago. The installatiion went flawlessly, everything bolted right up without having to use the optional spacers provided in case of exhaust clearance issues. I have been riding with them on now for a couple of weeks and everything is as promised, they mount securely, look like they would come off as designed in a get-off (I've given them a couple of good yanks and they've hung in there, so they won't come off too easily). They are waterproof and good looking too, I've been holding off putting stickers on them cause there so pretty, guess I need to get out in the woods and scratch 'em up.
Y'all look for a set of beat up system cases for sale in the Flea Market soon! Heck I might even sell my Givi topcase too as these Pelican's will hold my briefcase as well. I give the Caribou cases the

'02 BMW R1150 GS Adventure SOLD
'05 Honda XR650R
2014 KTM 690 Enduro R
Oddfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 02:51 PM   #219
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
The BMW 1150GS/1100GS/Adventure Caribou case system is in stock and available now.

The BMW F650GS and BMW 1200GS are in production and will be available in mid-to-late February.

I'm working on the KLR now, V-strom is up next. After that it will be the other thumpers (KTM, Suzuki, Honda), and maybe the KTM 950 and Buell, to be scheduled over the spring/summer.

I've also designed the retention straps to keep your stuff in place when you open the case, and developed the optional 2 liter tool kit case.

-rog
Roger, I realize that you have tons of folks here with tons of suggestions, but I would like to encourage you to continue development of the large and larger topcases for the BMW GS series of bikes. I have one of the Jesse topcases that mounts over the passenger position and frankly it was the availability of that case that sold me on Jesse luggage. Those things are the #1 way to carry large loads on these bikes.

You have a good concept, and I hope that you do well with it.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 06:44 PM   #220
R_W
wannabe

Quote:
I'm going for the extra credit here and adding a few things to make the product better...

There will be optional tool cases that piggy back on to the back-side of the main Pelican case for most bikes. This takes advantage of some empty space down low...

And yes there is plenty of room for the final drive travel.

A view of the tool case off the bike, about 2 liters of space....

Don't suppose this would fit?

It is about 12" by 12" for the body plus the extra inch or two for the nozzle.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:22 AM   #221
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn
Roger, I realize that you have tons of folks here with tons of suggestions, but I would like to encourage you to continue development of the large and larger topcases for the BMW GS series of bikes. I have one of the Jesse topcases that mounts over the passenger position and frankly it was the availability of that case that sold me on Jesse luggage. Those things are the #1 way to carry large loads on these bikes.

You have a good concept, and I hope that you do well with it.
Yes, I forgot to mention top cases for all bikes to be designed this summer after I get the side cases done. Thanks for the correction.

-roger
Old 02-01-2006, 07:23 AM   #222
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_W
Don't suppose this would fit?

It is about 12" by 12" for the body plus the extra inch or two for the nozzle.
Too big. The tool case is about 8x6x3 internal dimensions.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:59 AM   #223
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,195
I'm curious about the V-Strom version of your mounting racks. Do you plan to utilize the extra space on the left side of the DL650 (thanks to the single exhaust canister) for additional storage, perhaps for a small tool or flat-repair case, or will the 650 kit truly be identical to the DL1000 kit?

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 08:14 AM   #224
R_W
wannabe

Quote:
Too big. The tool case is about 8x6x3 internal dimensions.
that's what I thought. back to sigg bottle or Meier jugs.

But the toolcase is big enough for my entire tire kit -- patches, front tube, pump and irons
Old 02-01-2006, 09:49 AM   #225
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman
I'm curious about the V-Strom version of your mounting racks. Do you plan to utilize the extra space on the left side of the DL650 (thanks to the single exhaust canister) for additional storage, perhaps for a small tool or flat-repair case, or will the 650 kit truly be identical to the DL1000 kit?
Tim, That small Pelican case shown in the pics above (attached to the larger 1550 Pelican case) will be an option for most bikes including the 650 VStrom. That space on the non-exhaust side can be well utilized, especially for heavy items like tools since it lowers CG and keeps weight closer to the bike.