Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2007, 07:00 PM   #856
35racer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Hmmm... bags touching before pegs might be an issue.

Guess I'll wait and see what you come up with. Who knows... maybe the 08 will be different than previous year KLR's?

Thanks again for the info.

Ride The Track!
http://www.TonysTrackDays.com
35racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:52 AM   #857
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

Oddometer: 1,205
Attention V-Strom 650 owners

Hey V-Strom 650 Owners, I need a bike for a day or two here in Boulder CO to do some product development. You will get a nice big discount off a luggage system in return for the use of your bike for a day or two. If you already have one of our luggage systems, you'll get a rebate. Please contact me at 303-786-8947 or email info@adventure-motorcycle.com, or PM me. Thanks!
Made in Boulder, Colorado USA
PH: 303-786-8947 Mon-Sat 8:00am-5:00pm Mountain Time Zone
CaribouCases is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:25 PM   #858
R_W
wannabe

Oddometer: 4,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35racer
Hmmm... bags touching before pegs might be an issue.

Guess I'll wait and see what you come up with. Who knows... maybe the 08 will be different than previous year KLR's?

Thanks again for the info.
it may be an issue with a stock rear suspension, but if you beef up the rear spring to handle the weight it is back up there darn near even with the pegs. and the peg feelers that come on the 08's would hit first IMO.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:24 PM   #859
edo1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
Any chance of a system for a HP2?
edo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 08:52 PM   #860
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo1
Any chance of a system for a HP2?
Sorry, no plans for the HP2
Old 06-05-2007, 07:16 AM   #861
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

Pelican Press Release

Here's a new press release from Pelican themselves, you guys already know this but it is nice to see something official....

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Pelican Protector™ Case Used By
Caribou Luggage As Extreme Side Cases

TORRANCE, CA – May 31, 2007 - Pelican™ Products’ high-impact, watertight Protector™ Cases have been chosen as a key component of Adventure Motorcycle Equipment’s extreme Caribou Luggage solution for several prominent Adventure Touring motorcycle models.

“Using our case as motorcycle side-luggage goes to show just how versatile Pelican Protector™ Cases really are. Our tough-as-nails Protector Cases combined with Adventure’s innovative custom bike-luggage designs is a win-win situation for tourers everywhere,” said Matt Miller, Director of Sales for Pelican.

“After breaking my stock storage cases, I needed a tougher solution for side luggage on my bike. Since Pelican Cases are the first name in equipment protection, their toughness offered the most durable case on the market,” said Roger Pioszak, President of Adventure Motorcycle Equipment. “I’m confident that their legendary toughness will take any punishment today’s motorcycle tourers can dish out.”

With MSRP starting at $730, the Adventure Motorcycle Caribou Luggage system features a custom ¾” Square 16 GA tube steel rack designed to work with motorcycle models that include BMW R1200GS, 1150GS, 1100GS, and F650GS, the Kawasaki® KLR 650, the Buell® Ulysses and the Suzuki® V-Strom 650 and V-Strom 1000. Secured and mounted to the frame with NEMA 4 waterproof key locks, the custom side brackets turn the two Pelican 1550 Protector Cases into detachable suitcases, which offer a combined usable storage space of more than 3,000 cubic inches. A third case can also be added as rear top case to give the system even more capacity. Additionally, inner storage bags and tool kit cases are available for all systems to offer superior organization.

Pelican Protector Cases boast a fully-stackable, trademarked “Dual Band” design and a cell-core construction that protects sensitive equipment from some of the harshest conditions on Earth. Additional standard features include a lid equipped with a polymer o-ring for a dustproof/waterproof seal and an automatic Gore-TEX® pressure equalization valve that will stop moisture from entering the case and prevent vacuum lock so it’s easier to open the case at any altitude. To ensure easy and immediate access, most cases in the linefeature double-throw latches that have been tested to a failure threshold of nearly 400 pounds, but open with a light pull.

As with all Pelican products, their cases arebacked by a Legendary Lifetime Guarantee of Excellence: “You break it, we replace it…forever.”

About Pelican
Pelican is a leading manufacturer of OEM and equipment protection solutions. Their high-impact, watertight Protector Case line is among the toughest, lightest and most dependable on the market and backed by a legendary Unconditional Lifetime Guarantee of Excellence - “you break it, we replace It…forever.”™ For more information regarding Pelican Products, contact them at 23215 Early Avenue., Torrance, CA 90505. Phone: (310) 326-4700 or (800) 473-5422 (Outside CA), Fax: (310) 326-3311, www.pelican.com, commercialsales@pelican.com.

About Adventure Motorcycle Equipment
Adventure Motorcycle Equipment is a leading manufacturer of motorcycle luggage systems, based in Boulder, Colorado USA. AdventurePipe exhaust systems and Caribou luggage systems are built tough for the adventure touring motorcyclist who needs rugged functionality, high quality, and personal service and support. Their products are used by hard-core adventure riders and weekend warriors all over the world. For more information visit www.cariboucases.com. Phone (303) 786-8947.
# # #
All trademarks and logos displayed herein are registered and unregistered trademarks of Pelican Products, Inc. and others.
Kawasaki is a registered trademark of Kawasaki Motors Corporation
Suzuki and V-Strom are registered trademarks of Suzuki Motors Corporation
Buell is a registered trademark of Buell Motors Corporation
GORE-TEX is a trademark of W.L. Gore & Associates.

Media Contacts:

For Pelican Products Inc.:
Keith Swenson
Tel: (310) 326-4700
Toll Free: (800) 473-5422
E-mail: kswenson@pelican.com

For Adventure Motorcycle Equipment;
Roger Pioszak
Tel: (303) 786-8947
Email: info@adventure-motorcycle.com
Old 06-05-2007, 08:32 AM   #862
PackMule
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,460
Congrats on the nice press, Roger. Maybe this will give you some leverage to get them to produce the top-loader you (er, we) want.

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA
PackMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 08:49 AM   #863
jstcrashnthru
Livin' the dream

Oddometer: 1,212
Just installed them on my Strom on Friday. I think you could lift the bike up using those racks. Nice job Roger!

These things are awesome. I cant wait to load up and head to Chicago to visit my buddy and give them a proper road test.

I've been using them for a few days now to run errands around town, and I've had no issues at all with the side loading. It's nice to be able to fit oddball sized items in there or several bags of groceries without getting the bread or eggs on the bottom.

Totally happy with my Caribou's.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:49 PM   #864
Stromdog
Howl at the Moon

Oddometer: 2,703
Just returned from a 2800 mi. trip through West Virginia, Virginia,
North Carolina, Georgia and South Carolina. I have the Caribou cases on my Strom. Camped out every night. Great cases! I would'nt trade them for any other case system. Waterproof and tough. Highly recommended.
Stromdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:26 PM   #865
teamgrizzly
Even more advanced n00b!

Oddometer: 383
I have a full set of Caribou's on my V-Strom. I have to say that I'm impressed with the product. The installation was easy and painless. The performance of the cases is awesome in the bad wather up here. (Which we get a lot of up here in BC.)

I am also impressed with service from Roger. He became aware of a problem with the 07 Strom wheel clearing the rear bar. He then made up a replacement and sent it out. I'm impressed. I have never heard of someone being this proactive in dealing with a problem. Thanks.

Mike
teamgrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:49 AM   #866
einnar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
Going to jump on the "What a great product" bandwagon.

Roger was great at answering my questions, both before and after the purchase. Installation was simple and painless, and they look and work great. I've got almost 20 yrs experience with Pelicans and cases like them in the military, and being able to put that level of a quality product on a motorcycle is top notch in my book.

Only comment I could make would be to ask that you make the color pictures in your installation a bit bigger. That might just be my eyes, though..

I bought both the side, and top box products from him. I'm considering getting the adventure pipe also, as I'm not really happy with my staintune. Too loud, no spark arrestor, and sits too close to Rogers mounts for my liking. Having to choose between the current exhaust and his cases is no contest.
einnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 03:13 PM   #867
bigrocko
Fat Guy

Oddometer: 73
what fits?

very nice product, just curios if a 1 piece aerostitch will fit in the 1550 case

thanks, marko

1200gs
new uly on the way
bigrocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:21 PM   #868
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrocko
very nice product, just curios if a 1 piece aerostitch will fit in the 1550 case

thanks, marko

1200gs
new uly on the way
Not a problem.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:19 AM   #869
ballistic_ken
Aaarrrrgh!

Oddometer: 5,226
'08 Xr650l

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribouCases
The problem with the XR, and the DR, is that few people are going to spend $700+ for hard cases for these bikes, and I really need to sell at least 50 systems to make it worthwhile. My DR650 loaner bike deal fell through because the fellow was not interested due to price (respectful of the nice guy with the DR, he was certainly very good about it). What I think is needed is a $500 system for the XR, DR, DRZ, KTM 640. It is a real cost challenge.
Mark me down as willing to spend the $$...........

If you build it, I will buy it.

BTW, great forum. Found it via a link from: www.transamtrail.com

ballistic_ken screwed with this post 06-23-2007 at 01:21 AM Reason: brain fade.........
ballistic_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 06:42 AM   #870
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballistic_ken
Mark me down as willing to spend the $$...........

If you build it, I will buy it.

BTW, great forum. Found it via a link from: www.transamtrail.com
Thanks Ken,

We do note make a system for the DR 650

CaribouCases screwed with this post 07-09-2011 at 04:22 PM