Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2005, 06:54 AM   #91
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

Oddometer: 1,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by helikron
'Piper,
Will you offer case-size choices, colors, etc? Don't mean to complicate your inventory but maybe a pre-select and pre-pay option wouldn't hang you out to dry, either.
helikron
I don't see a problem offering different colors, but I'll probably stock only black so if someone wants another color there will be an additional week or so lead time. As far as sizes go, I may do smaller cases for the thumpers.
Made in Boulder, Colorado USA
PH: 303-786-8947 Mon-Sat 8:00am-5:00pm Mountain Time Zone
CaribouCases is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 07:00 AM   #92
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdmanH54
Adventurepipe,

Are you thinking of the Ulysses anytime soon?
Birdman,

This would fall into the second wave that would be designed in late '06, if at all. Need to see the sales volumes of these bikes and how HD does with this model in '06. I am hopeful this bike will do well.
-rog
Old 11-06-2005, 08:34 AM   #93
PackMule
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventurePipe
I don't see a problem offering different colors, but I'll probably stock only black so if someone wants another color there will be an additional week or so lead time. As far as sizes go, I may do smaller cases for the thumpers.

Some small top-openers would be awesome. My Givi E21's seem to be a nice size and volume -- dunno how the Pelican offerings compare.

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA

Get your sweet Pyndon DakARTwork here

Pyndon '13
PackMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 01:19 PM   #94
BirdmanH54
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 217
Quote:
Birdman,

This would fall into the second wave that would be designed in late '06, if at all. Need to see the sales volumes of these bikes and how HD does with this model in '06. I am hopeful this bike will do well.
-rog
You might rethink that logic seeing that the cases Buell offers are very hard to get right now and they are in high demand. Additionally, it seems you mounting looks much better when the bags are removed.

Of course it is your work and your call.
BirdmanH54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 05:07 AM   #95
Gwilli
"Life Behind Bars"

Oddometer: 274
Thumb

Quote:

"Destined for a life behind bars..."
Gwilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:13 AM   #96
kres
Arrrrrrrrr!

Oddometer: 1,197
This is exactly what I am looking for in a side case system for my 01 Dakar. You build it I'll buy it. (Glad I saw this post! I'll be waiting awhile on this upgrade now.)

I like the fact that it's a system that is tough but not aluminum - If it was posted already, I did not see it... what is the total weight of this system? This is a concern for my little 650.

kres screwed with this post 11-09-2005 at 08:18 AM
kres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 11:47 AM   #97
Scalzitti
Adventure Driven

Oddometer: 444
I've got an 03 F650 GS Dakar that needs a pannier set up. I'm looking forward to your final design and the price. Hope you're selling them before I neeed them. I was all set to order the Zegas next week, but I can wait a few months.
Scalzitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 10:25 AM   #98
Kidder
Poser

Oddometer: 493
Strom rack

I'm interested in the setup for the DL1000. Keep us posted!
Kidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 10:22 PM   #99
hart
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 317
new gs adventure

I have dibs on a new adventure arriving march/april maybe. Hate the new bags from BMW and really like the look of your bags let me know.
Thanks
hart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 08:26 AM   #100
ka5ysy
Doug

Oddometer: 815
Thumb

I'll probably offer the Pelican cases and the rack system as a seperate items. In fact you can get all the Pelican products through me, and I can integrate locks into many of them

For those who are unfamiliar with the Pelican line of products, one of the really nice benefits of dealing with that great company is the fact that all their stuff is lifetime warranted, and will replace anything that you manage to break, which is almost impossible to begin with. Even airport baggage monkeys have not done anything to a case I fly my dive gear in, which weighs about 50 pounds loaded. Motorcycle use is nowhere near that stressful. I have nikon cameras and gear in several other cases that have been dropped and bounced all over the place without damage with the internal foam filler.

This system for the motorcycles is great! Now I need to get a 1200GS Adventure to fit the cases!
ka5ysy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 08:33 AM   #101
DirtRideRoader
Armed and Dangerous

Oddometer: 403
Have you looked into the Cube Pelican cases for the top box? I think they have a 20" and a 24" cube. Would be tall enough to put a helmet in. Would need some extra support and probably have to cover the passenger seat area.
IBA #23263
DirtRideRoader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 08:47 AM   #102
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

The cubes are a bit big and heavy. The mounting plate would have to span the passenger/pillion area to avoid rear sub-frame failure potential.

As a general update, the 1150GS system is heading to powder coat next week so it is a couple of weeks behind schedule but moving along. The F650GS prototype will be done this week and ready for testing. I have a 1200GS in the shop right now and am working on the initial design. The poor KLR is sitting outside and waiting in line behind the 1200GS.

-rog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrr1150gs
Have you looked into the Cube Pelican cases for the top box? I think they have a 20" and a 24" cube. Would be tall enough to put a helmet in. Would need some extra support and probably have to cover the passenger seat area.

CaribouCases screwed with this post 11-29-2008 at 12:56 PM
Old 11-29-2005, 10:18 AM   #103
djw
Rookie

Oddometer: 41
Quote:
The F650GS prototype will be done this week and ready for testing. I have a 1200GS in the shop right now and am working on the initial design. The poor KLR is sitting outside and waiting in line behind the 1200GS.

-rog
Roger,
Looking forward to seeing that F650GS system available. Will the 1550's look too big on the 650?
In looking at the Pelican catalog, they now have a top opening case in a medium size, the 1430. Have you seen this case, and is it adaptable to your system?
Keep up the good work.
Don
'02 F650GS Dakar

djw screwed with this post 11-29-2005 at 12:08 PM
djw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 11:44 AM   #104
Mendodave
Road Scholar

Oddometer: 865
1600's on R80G/S

Here is my setup. using stock G/S saddlebag brackets, and angle iron mounts, with a latch on the rear. The 1600's are a bit big, rear pegs not available for passengers, but the driver can put feet back there.

i sure like your latching system!

I can take more photos if interested parties want more info. My friend told me to get the 1600 case, but didn't realize he had the 1550 on his K100, so the 1550 case is probably better, but for solo riding, these work well. I rode 200 miles in washboard/dirt roads on the way home from Phoenix, and they stayed on through everything.

David
Mendodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 12:24 PM   #105
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

I think the 1430 is going to be just too small at only 17 liters, and it has no reinforced lugs on the back for solid mounting. The 1520 is going to be fine for a smaller thumper Dual Sport bike (i.e. DRZ) at about 25 liters. The 1550 is probably the best all-around Pelican case for motorcycle luggage in terms of size and cost at 34.7 liters, and this is what I plan to use on the F650GS, 11XXGS, 1200GS, V-Strom, KLR and other similar size bikes. The 1600 will take out the passenger foot peg unless it hangs way off the back (not a great feature) it is 47 liters.

-rog

Quote:
Originally Posted by djw
Roger,
Looking forward to seeing that F650GS system available. Will the 1520's look too big on the 650?
In looking at the Pelican catalog, they now have a top opening case in a medium size, the 1430. Have you seen this case, and is it adaptable to your system?
Keep up the good work.
Don
'02 F650GS Dakar