Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2011, 01:32 PM   #151
Yukon PER
Blacksheep

Oddometer: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_adv View Post
Are you able to be flat footed when stopped or on your toes?

thanks, Brad
Somewhere in between - Not flat footed, but not on my toes either. I can flat foot with the stock seat, but the Corbin is wider. I have had mine for 5 years now, first Triumph that I have owned, and I am completely satisfied with the purchase.
Yukon PER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 02:39 PM   #152
rhino_adv
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp7rgv View Post
hi,
i am a 2005 955i tiger owner for 4 months and i loe it.
i believe its better than 1050 because of releability, price and better off road skils.
but 1050 has new design.
its your choice...
thanks for the input! Im sure I will purchase the 955i over the 1050 (that is unless I find a NICE steamer for sale near me) purely because of it off road ability.

Brad
985+ Old Bridges in Missouri
PAVED ROADS...... ANOTHER PERFECT EXAMPLE OF NEEDLESS, SPENDING BY THE GOVERNMENT"
rhino_adv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #153
amschnellsten
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
I have a 99 Girlie and I am under 6'. I have rotated the rear chain adjuster but I have not lowered the forks. I can almost flat foot the bike but after awhile you just get used to it. I absolutely love the bike, mine is an 885 but still has plenty of power. It handles very well for what it is and it is a very comfortable bike.
amschnellsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:00 AM   #154
ua99003
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
I purchased a 06 girlie about a year ago, it came with a corbin but no stocker. I am 5'8" 30" inseam and had to tip toe at stops. I found a stock seat and did the spencer mod and very pleased with results. With corbin I felt like I was sitting on top of the bike and had a hard time managing the bike in traffic. With the modified stocker I feel as throw I am one with the bike and can almost flat foot at stop. A plus also was height adjustable and less weight ( Corbin is HEAVY). You shouldn't have a problems with the bike it's rock solid.
ua99003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:29 PM   #155
raycam01_au
Sir Ray!

Oddometer: 1,066
Laugh Tiger 955i 2002

i got mine about 4 months ago! and couldnt be more impressed or in love, i have a KLR650 also i was setting up for a tourer until i wanted a few more CC's on the open road, as much as i love the KLR it just wasnt cutting it, so i went in search posted a few what u think i should buy and the Tiger popped up on this forum as a likely replacement!
so i went in search of one to try!
found my Roulette green 2002 machine, rode it, and went FK ME bought it and went grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
this bike is everything i could have asked for, not a single thing has caused me concern so far, except for the high placement of the gear selector lol need to drop it juss been lazy, but torque and power to burn omg is she fast n smooth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHOXK8aCkpY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IEZb...eature=related

couple of quick little vids of her :)

love it u will too so buy one!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the steamers are as sexy as hell also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2000 Honda ST1100
raycam01_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:28 AM   #156
ArchRider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
I'll just second everything I've read here. I've had my 2001 Roulette Tiger for 2.5 years and 23,000 miles and love it. The only real problem I have is with the weight placement. It is very top heavy but you can compensate for that. I'm 6'-3" with a 33" inseam and with the stock seat, I could flat foot it. I recently installed a Corbin and now I can get the better portion of the balls of my feet on the ground but only one whole foot at a time.
As for the performance, it truly is an all around good machine. I think I love the torque the most. On the twisty East TN roads, even when you think you're in too high a gear, the torque just pulls you right out of the turn and sends you down the road. It's a great ride.
ArchRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:14 AM   #157
Crazylegs Bob
Tiger Tamer

Oddometer: 109
Low RPM surging

I just bought a '99 Tiger and love the smoothness and power the bike delivers. One thing I have noticed is that it surges at low RPM (around 3000) and backfires or "pops" while decelerating. The previous owner was very meticulous with the bike and maintaining it but he said he rode it rather slow for only short distances. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem and if maybe some fuel injector cleaner run through in the fuel might clear this up or is that a big no no. I have heard somewhere that fuel injector cleaner should not be used in bikes as it destroys rubber seals etc. I checked the chain and it is not too tight as I've heard this can sometimes cause surging. Thanks in advance from this Tiger noob!
Crazylegs Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:58 AM   #158
Fe Man
I am Iron Moran!

Oddometer: 7,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazylegs Bob View Post
I just bought a '99 Tiger and love the smoothness and power the bike delivers. One thing I have noticed is that it surges at low RPM (around 3000) and backfires or "pops" while decelerating. The previous owner was very meticulous with the bike and maintaining it but he said he rode it rather slow for only short distances. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem and if maybe some fuel injector cleaner run through in the fuel might clear this up or is that a big no no. I have heard somewhere that fuel injector cleaner should not be used in bikes as it destroys rubber seals etc. I checked the chain and it is not too tight as I've heard this can sometimes cause surging. Thanks in advance from this Tiger noob!
do the "ECU reset" thing. Seems like you start the bike without touching the throttle, let it run for 12 minutes and turn it off. It clears the collective data gathered by the ECU and allows the bike to learn your driving habits.

now my verbiage may not be exact but I did it on my 2006 (different process) and the bike runs SO much better. Again, I may be talking out of turn but Google it or search TigerTriple for the exact explanation and procedure.

FYI, I think popping on decel' is kinda normal...
Old 10-07-2011, 06:26 AM   #159
Crazylegs Bob
Tiger Tamer

Thanks Fe Man I will give the reset a try!
Old 10-12-2011, 04:34 AM   #160
raycam01_au
Sir Ray!

Oddometer: 1,066
Laugh risers

hi guy's
just put the new risers on the Tiger 955i 2002, and re adjustd the gear selector, and omg what a diff the bike feels way more stable on the twisties, and i find it so much easier on the slow stuff, got he risers :)
enjoy the trumpies, so so sexy

2000 Honda ST1100
raycam01_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:03 AM   #161
Crazylegs Bob
Tiger Tamer

Ok so I tried the reset and it was still surging and backfiring. I rode it this weekend and it was fine while at speed. Yesterday I took it for tires and on the way home the bike started running like crap, backfiring at all RPM, on or off the gas and it progressively got worse. By the time I got home it felt as though it was running on one cylinder and it would barely accelerate. Has anyone had these symptoms and if so, what was the outcome? It almost feels like the timing went out somehow Thanks in advanced for any help or advice.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:20 AM   #162
Jonny955
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 203
Quote:
Ok so I tried the reset and it was still surging and backfiring. I rode it this weekend and it was fine while at speed. Yesterday I took it for tires and on the way home the bike started running like crap, backfiring at all RPM, on or off the gas and it progressively got worse. By the time I got home it felt as though it was running on one cylinder and it would barely accelerate. Has anyone had these symptoms and if so, what was the outcome? It almost feels like the timing went out somehow Thanks in advanced for any help or advice.
Are you sure about the meticulous maintenance by the previous owner? The symptoms you describe could easily be electrical (spark) related and possibly a coil breaking down as it heats up. If the PO only used the bike for short journeys then this may not have come to light. Just a thought.

Jon
Jonny955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:22 AM   #163
Crazylegs Bob
Tiger Tamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny955 View Post
Are you sure about the meticulous maintenance by the previous owner? The symptoms you describe could easily be electrical (spark) related and possibly a coil breaking down as it heats up. If the PO only used the bike for short journeys then this may not have come to light. Just a thought.

Jon
Ya those thoughts had crossed my mind....... both about the PO and the issue being a coil. I guess it may have to go to the dealership for a "plug in" and diagnostic to see what faults show up on the magic machine.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:10 PM   #164
Dynamick
\dī-ˈna-mik\

Oddometer: 3,618
Every now and then a Tiger gets me by the tail... Just can't get the idea of owning one of these bikes out of my mind.

Thank you all for bringing this thread back and all the info.
I've seen some of the 01-06's have cast wheels and others have wire. Was there a change over year or were wheels types options?
Dynamick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:19 PM   #165
514Advrider
Addicted

Oddometer: 73
Quote:
I'm not sure if you're a member, but if not you should check out the tigertriple forum. Good info there and a few very knowledgeable people.

I would have a look at the throttle position sensor (TPS). It's been known to cause some surging problems on the Tigers.
514Advrider is offline   Reply With Quote