Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2010, 01:07 PM   #31
RandyB

Oddometer: 5,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by worgoose@yahoo.com
Great now I am missing my Tiger
Guy I bought mine from got an 07 GS. He was crying like a rat eating onions the other day when I called him. Wants to trade bikes.

Blessed be the Lord my God, who prepares my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:29 AM   #32
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,537
Ha! Love that phrase!
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:39 AM   #33
BigMark
Master Of Sophism

Oddometer: 464
Using the scientifically accurate ratio of "Bang for Bucks" its a tough one to beat...

IBA#40504
Global Wild Card Tag
BigMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:36 PM   #34
brad1098
/\ dumb

Oddometer: 807
WOW +1 on the dead thread. Baldy even posted quite regularly back in the day. Everyone speculating on the endurance of the Tiger......proven. The best big bike ever-955i and you can buy a good one for 5 grand. Un-freakin-believable!

Hey johnny, did you get the tank bag jeet?
brad1098 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:14 AM   #35
largebore
Crystalriver Florida

Oddometer: 13
triumph tiger

i just bought a usd 06 with 8000 miles. only riden it 3 times. i love it exsept i need a taller wind screen. hopfully that will cut down the noies.

largebore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:05 AM   #36
RandyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by largebore
i just bought a usd 06 with 8000 miles. only riden it 3 times. i love it exsept i need a taller wind screen. hopfully that will cut down the noies.
Twisted Throttle has a wind deflector that looks nice. Laminar lip lookin' thing.

Blessed be the Lord my God, who prepares my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1
Old 01-27-2010, 01:44 PM   #37
largebore
Crystalriver Florida

Oddometer: 13
wind screen

thanks! i checked out twisted throttle site and thats probebly one of the better ones for tiger acssesorys.

largebore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:06 PM   #38
RandyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by largebore
thanks! i checked out twisted throttle site and thats probebly one of the better ones for tiger acssesorys.
Hurry up and buy it and report back. I'm cheap.

Old 01-31-2010, 01:49 AM   #39
dr zook
Dakar Tragic

Oddometer: 253
How are the high milage Tigers holding up? Any big issues?

07 DRZ400 supertanker
82 DR250
95 TT250 (RIP)
dr zook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:01 AM   #40
gus
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 850
I don't consider mine high mileage. It has 30,000 miles on it and no problems. It rides and runs like new. I bought it new 3 years ago Feb. I have been well satisfied. A lot of bike for the buck.
gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:42 AM   #41
larlec
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 233
I had a 2000 (as I recall) and put about 15k on it, sold it because I found an incredible deal on a used 1150GS. The GS was nice and I put about 25k on it but I liked the Tiger as much or more except for one aspect - if you tipped it over (and who doesn't if you riding it enough) the cylinders could fill up with oil and cause problems. However I think this was cleared up with later models of the 955i. I just sold the GS recently and got an f650GS twin but the Tiger was definitely, and still is, on my list of replacements. They're not much for dirt but none of these bigger bikes are as we all know - but fabulous for touring, camping, dirt roads and third world adventures.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:12 PM   #42
jphish
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 617
Got an 08 Uly, 06 KLR & 06 Tiger. All very different rides & great for intended purpose. If I could only have 1 it would probably be the Tiger. The Uly is a VERY fun machine, but looses out because of (HDs myopic & incomprehensible decision that will come back to haunt them as the HOG demographic slides into senility - @ 62 yo...guess I'm one of 'em) the long term part uncertainty (waited 3 mos for a VR!) & dealer support for a model that had less than 10,000 units built. The Tiger has alot to offer - if it had a belt instead of a chain - it would be THE most desirable big beast out there. Some think the 'Girlies' are ungainly and not aesthetically pleasing - I think they're BEAUTIFUL. Especially the Orange, Silver, Blue & Black ones. Well actually...the early Yellow & Green ones ain't bad either.
jphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:46 PM   #43
Oilhed
MarkF

Oddometer: 3,980
If I had a couple more inches inseam I would have a beauty blue last year 955i instead of my Ducati.

new bike - BMW R1150GS
old bikes - Ducati ST3 (RIP), BMW R1100R, R75 & R65, Suzuki Bandit 600, Guzzi V65SP, Kawi KLR600, etc.
Oilhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:40 AM   #44
Cambambalam
XR six-fiddy ahrrrr

Oddometer: 195
Eh? I never knew there was a dedicated Tiger 955 thread

But that is soooo cool

From Condo '09

'The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes' - Winston Churchhill
Cambambalam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:41 PM   #45
RandyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon kawasaki
Looking to get a bigger bike for 2 up touring/camping and like these Tigers alot. How are they for long distance 2 up travel? What are the known issues and how is fuel consumption? I could probably research this a little better, but I know there is someone out there that wants to talk Tigers.

Thanks,
Travis
My wife loves it. 45 MPG. Not much luggage space.