ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-15-2005, 06:56 AM   #1
R1150GSA OP
Saint "Alloy"sius
 
R1150GSA's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Bucks County, PA
Oddometer: 26,174
Make it stop! MAKE IT STOP!!!

How do I put an end to the infernal racket that the directionals make? HOW?!
__________________
IBA #17734
R1150GSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 07:21 AM   #2
Joe Dirt
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joe Dirt's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Oddometer: 236
I would imagine they use a standard automotive flasher module that you could replace. Autozone, Napa, or any other automotive parts store should be able to help you.
__________________
2007 KTM 990 Adventure
Average Joes View Of The World
Joe Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 07:55 AM   #3
R1150GSA OP
Saint "Alloy"sius
 
R1150GSA's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Bucks County, PA
Oddometer: 26,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric1514
BFH.

Eric

I'm not familiar with that acronym.
__________________
IBA #17734
R1150GSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 07:56 AM   #4
R1150GSA OP
Saint "Alloy"sius
 
R1150GSA's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Bucks County, PA
Oddometer: 26,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dirt
I would imagine they use a standard automotive flasher module that you could replace. Autozone, Napa, or any other automotive parts store should be able to help you.

You mean it's the flasher module that's making that noise?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
__________________
IBA #17734
R1150GSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 08:15 AM   #5
AnnieGS
Namasté, bitches!
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Oddometer: 29,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1150GSA
How do I put an end to the infernal racket that the directionals make? HOW?!

Quit turning.
AnnieGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 09:42 AM   #6
ilmostro
Under Da Sea
 
ilmostro's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Location: San Rafael, CA
Oddometer: 29,244
BFH = Big Fucking Hammer

Find the flasher relay and wrap it in foam and or duct tape until the sound becomes soothing to your delicate ears.
__________________
I've got stay the fuck out of it written on a stone tablet in my bedroom. - Con Stapleton
ilmostro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 09:50 AM   #7
MountainMan
accelerating
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Grinzing, Vienna, Austria
Oddometer: 4,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1150GSA
I'm not familiar with that acronym.
Big Fucking Hammer
MountainMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 09:54 AM   #8
jcolombo
Lurking Moderator
 
jcolombo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Oddometer: 1,248
Easy...

Remove the horncase by unscrewing the two screws inisde the glovebox and the one screw behind the "Genuine" logo at the top of the horncase. You can remove the logo by gently prying it out from the right with a thin screwdriver.

The flasher buzzer is located at the bottom - follow your ears. Pull the purple wire and tape it off to prevent a short circuit. Screw everything back together and enjoy the quiet, but remember to cancel those flashers.

JC
jcolombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 10:51 AM   #9
R1150GSA OP
Saint "Alloy"sius
 
R1150GSA's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Bucks County, PA
Oddometer: 26,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcolombo
Remove the horncase by unscrewing the two screws inisde the glovebox and the one screw behind the "Genuine" logo at the top of the horncase. You can remove the logo by gently prying it out from the right with a thin screwdriver.

The flasher buzzer is located at the bottom - follow your ears. Pull the purple wire and tape it off to prevent a short circuit. Screw everything back together and enjoy the quiet, but remember to cancel those flashers.

JC

Thanks, JC.
__________________
IBA #17734
R1150GSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 01:17 PM   #10
Photog
Charismatic Megafauna
 
Photog's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Cackalacky
Oddometer: 46,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmostro
BFH = Big Fucking Hammer

Find the flasher relay and wrap it in foam and or duct tape until the sound becomes soothing to your delicate ears.
Some of the guys on SS claim to tape a penny to it to muffle it.

Which doesn't make sense to me. The penny would fall off somewhere in the horncast and then you'd get

BEEP RATTLE BEEP RATTLE BEEP RATTLE BEEP RATTLE.

I think the foam stuff would be a nice db-limiter.

I don't know how many pedestrians I've scared back onto the curb with that thing beeping. People look around for the backing garbage truck.
__________________
Only an XR1200 owner knows why Cthulhu hangs its head out a car window.

Like I like. Yep.
Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 04:19 PM   #11
Caffeind
Team Piggly Wiggly
 
Caffeind's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Outside the Triangle
Oddometer: 11,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1150GSA
How do I put an end to the infernal racket that the directionals make? HOW?!
Get a louder muffler.
__________________
Childhood is a journey, not a race.
Caffeind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 05:03 PM   #12
Photog
Charismatic Megafauna
 
Photog's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Cackalacky
Oddometer: 46,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeind
Get a louder muffler.
I tried that.

I've got the loudest exhaust EVER and the damn beeping can heard above that, my earplugs, and helmet.

fWIW my Stella sounds like an open-class motocrosser. Okay, a 250. LOUD.

bbbaaaaawwwwWWWANNNNNGGGGaaaaddingdingdingdingdddd ding.....bbrrrrwwwaawwwwwwWWWANGAWANGAWANGAWANGAdi ngdingdingding.

(beep beep beep beep)



Russian sub captains hear my bike and have plotted my course.
__________________
Only an XR1200 owner knows why Cthulhu hangs its head out a car window.

Like I like. Yep.
Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 07:38 PM   #13
Caffeind
Team Piggly Wiggly
 
Caffeind's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Outside the Triangle
Oddometer: 11,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photog
I tried that.

I've got the loudest exhaust EVER and the damn beeping can heard above that, my earplugs, and helmet.

fWIW my Stella sounds like an open-class motocrosser. Okay, a 250. LOUD.

bbbaaaaawwwwWWWANNNNNGGGGaaaaddingdingdingdingdddd ding.....bbrrrrwwwaawwwwwwWWWANGAWANGAWANGAWANGAdi ngdingdingding.

(beep beep beep beep)



Russian sub captains hear my bike and have plotted my course.
__________________
Childhood is a journey, not a race.
Caffeind is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014