User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2014, 01:45 PM   #1
biker_gunner OP
2wheelsonly

Oddometer: 25
Looking for some help in Canada

Hey guys its been a while since Ive been on here but wanted to see if anyone would be able to help me out. My father-in-law took off a couple of weeks ago from St. Louis headed for Alaska on his ST1300. Well he broke his ankle in a campground near High Level Alberta CA and is having to fly back to the states for surgery. I think his plan is to heal then drive his truck back up to High Level to retrieve his bike. So my request is for anyone who may be able to help us out in the storage of his bike until he can get back up that way? If not no worries he is still in town trying to get that squared away before his flight. Hes a tough old SOB who has dumped his bike more than once and he will surely ride again. Sorry for posting this in this forum but I figured Id get the most views here.
Im sure he got a lot of pics prior to his accidentso maybe I can get some of those and throw them on here as well (helping to meet the intent of this forum) .

CJ
biker_gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:43 PM   #2
tferguson
n00b

Oddometer: 8
How long do you figure he`ll need it stored? I may be able to find some space about 2.5 hours South of High Level in Peace River, can`t guarantee anything though. There`s scheduled flights out of Peace River to Edmonton & Calgary, so he can continue further South to home.
tferguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:13 PM   #3
biker_gunner OP
2wheelsonly

Not sure...had a difficult time communicating with him thus far. Waiting for my wife to get more details. Thanks for the offer!
Old 07-24-2014, 01:37 PM   #4
OldMedic
Trouble Maker

Oddometer: 56
I could also help out, I live in Grande Prairie, about 4.5 hours south of High Level, I do have storage available.

I also have a truck and enclosed trailer to get it here.

Both Air Canada and WestJet fly out of here.

Let me know...

Sick and Stupid people keep me employed
OldMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:14 PM   #5
JimmieA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,187
There are a couple mini storage places in High Level, he could leave the bike there.
https://plus.google.com/109300841029...ut?gl=ca&hl=en

Rainbow Transport is the biggest transport company along with Grimshaw Trucking operating in that area. They mostly go back to Edmonton empty. Both good companies.
2004 Honda XR400R
JimmieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:52 PM   #6
rob1313
Still learning

Oddometer: 4,293
And if he gets it to Edmonton I've got a hole I can stuff it into until further arrangements are sorted out
Old 07-25-2014, 05:00 PM   #7
biker_gunner OP
2wheelsonly

Thanks guys...looks like he got it sorted out with a guy from the hospital. He made it home and has seen his doctor. He's still working out the logistics of going to retrieve his bike but I appreciate all the offers of assistance. I'm hoping he at least got a few Canada pics prior to this. We've talked for a while about doing a ride together up to Canada but it has never worked out with my schedule. Again thanks!