Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2008, 05:37 PM   #7546
doughy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,118
So I needed to post this cause I ride the bike that won.... Now seeing that Ube and a couple of us THAT ACTUALLY RODE FIGHT CLUB, were saying a 450 or smaller bike would be better, I want to post this.........

http://motocross.transworld.net/2008...-grudge-match/

I could beat him....

Until you come close to death, you really never know how or what it is to live.

Is it an adventure to find oneself, or is it destiny......
doughy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:24 PM   #7547
osteo
Motion is Life

Oddometer: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber-Moto
Flueger..... I was about to push the YES button but quickly realized that we have a scheduling conflict. I've planned for the Fall Color's Ride on the same weekend as the Terra Nova enduro..... this sucks!!!!
Priorities my young Padewan, priorities! I'd take the Beast out to ride with you just for the Cord! (and leave the 1/2 Beast at home!)

D

Rally Connex Adventures
Off-Road Adventures
Make It Stick Media

Adventure Has No Destination

08' KTM 450 EXC - The Half Beast -
04' Yamaha TTR250 (for the wife)
osteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:42 PM   #7548
Ooobah-Moto
Banned

Oddometer: 3,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by osteo
Priorities my young Padewan, priorities! I'd take the Beast out to ride with you just for the Cord! (and leave the 1/2 Beast at home!)

D
Dennis, at the rate I'm going I'll have to take a Friday off for us to finally get a ride in together!!!
Ooobah-Moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:46 PM   #7549
Fin
Kahoon's my daddy!

Oddometer: 2,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridemuch
Sploooooot!

Hey Robbie... I can dance to that!

IBA#12239
BMW MOA #124707
Save $5 when you open your own smugmug account. Use code: ByFAeFySLnQKM
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:05 PM   #7550
NoExit
NoProblem

Oddometer: 343
Gaga for the Ganny

Took advantage of a late starting day at work, and got an eight-hour ride in before hitting the office. Woke at 5 a.m. and hit the Ganaraska Forest for the first time. What a blast. I'm really regretting I didn't get there until today. I spent hours bombing sandy truck paths, navigating tight single track, bouncing off roots on steep hill climbs and popping over fallen trees. What a gem. Even the Dutch Oven was good (the breakfast place on the 35/115, not the bedroom prank).

If you have knobbies on your ride, you're really missing out on some great riding barely more than an hour from downtown Toronto if you haven't hit the Ganny. There's plenty of trails in there for everything from a hulking GSA to a flyweight traily. Even with all the rain we've had, the trails are in great shape. Lots of puddles, but I didn't come across any wheel swallowing bogs, and virtually no washouts.

Same can't be said for the road allowances that go through Long Sault Conservation Area, and the Raglan Pits, which I rode on the way back to T.O. Almost lost the bike in a washed out crevasse in the pits.

Here's a track. Kinda went in circles in the Ganny as I didn't have a map and only a few of the trails were on my GPS topo, but circles is what I do best.
Attached Files
File Type: gpx ganny-track.gpx (333.3 KB, 54 views)
NoExit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:10 PM   #7551
osteo
Motion is Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExit?NoProblem
Took advantage of a late starting day at work, and got an eight-hour ride in before hitting the office. Woke at 5 a.m. and hit the Ganaraska Forest for the first time. What a blast. I'm really regretting I didn't get there until today. I spent hours bombing sandy truck paths, navigating tight single track, bouncing off roots on steep hill climbs and popping over fallen trees. What a gem. Even the Dutch Oven was good (the breakfast place on the 35/115, not the bedroom prank).

If you have knobbies on your ride, you're really missing out on some great riding barely more than an hour from downtown Toronto if you haven't hit the Ganny. There's plenty of trails in there for everything from a hulking GSA to a flyweight traily. Even with all the rain we've had, the trails are in great shape. Lots of puddles, but I didn't come across any wheel swallowing bogs, and virtually no washouts.

Same can't be said for the road allowances that go through Long Sault Conservation Area, and the Raglan Pits, which I rode on the way back to T.O. Almost lost the bike in a washed out crevasse in the pits.

Here's a track. Kinda went in circles in the Ganny as I didn't have a map and only a few of the trails were on my GPS topo, but circles is what I do best.
I hear you No Exit - a fantastic place to ride... and I was going to post/ask if any of you guys are game, I'm more than likely heading there on Sunday for at least a few hours (unless I head out to Northumberland which is unlikely).

Come on Uber - here's your chance... forget the excuses like 'the girlfriend wants to sleep in' or 'your riding pants are dirty'

Oh - Uber - you still interested in that tire??

So, if anyone is interested, drop me a line I'll be riding single, double, wide, narrow, any and all types of terrain. I think I will also tackle the Eastern Forest which is rarely ridden (most guys ride the west forest beside the 115), and yes, I'll be on the 1/2 beast.

D

Rally Connex Adventures
Off-Road Adventures
Make It Stick Media

Old 09-12-2008, 04:53 AM   #7552
kahoon
who's yer daddy??

Oddometer: 2,392
Quote:
....and yes, I'll be on the 1/2 beast.
has the full beast seen the road at all this year? do i see a for sale sign going up soon??

kahoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:42 AM   #7553
Ooobah-Moto
Banned

Quote:
I hear you No Exit - a fantastic place to ride... and I was going to post/ask if any of you guys are game, I'm more than likely heading there on Sunday for at least a few hours (unless I head out to Northumberland which is unlikely).

Come on Uber - here's your chance... forget the excuses like 'the girlfriend wants to sleep in' or 'your riding pants are dirty'

Oh - Uber - you still interested in that tire??

So, if anyone is interested, drop me a line I'll be riding single, double, wide, narrow, any and all types of terrain. I think I will also tackle the Eastern Forest which is rarely ridden (most guys ride the west forest beside the 115), and yes, I'll be on the 1/2 beast.

D

Excuse #38.... going "couples" camping with my woomin this weekend! ........ .........
Old 09-12-2008, 08:28 AM   #7554
osteo
Motion is Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahoon
has the full beast seen the road at all this year? do i see a for sale sign going up soon??

The Beast has been out, off road once or twice but in truth not all that much. I think I have put about 3 tanks of gas into it so far... it is my commute bike to work these days and the time is coming for me to really decide if I am going to sell or keep it (I decided to wait till the end of the season and based on how much I rode it). So... if anyone knows of anyone looking for a fully decked out, (and I mean fully) 04' 950 Adv in the fastest colour possible BLACK, let me know...

The short list of things done to it:
Wings Exhaust
Rally Risers
Heated Grips
16T Counter sprocket
.54 springs
re-jetted
Unifillter
Renazco Seat...
Aux lights...

man the list goes on and on...

D

Rally Connex Adventures
Off-Road Adventures
Make It Stick Media

Old 09-12-2008, 09:21 AM   #7555
adiablolex
Lost again

Oddometer: 3,693
Quote:
The Beast has been out, off road once or twice but in truth not all that much. I think I have put about 3 tanks of gas into it so far... it is my commute bike to work these days and the time is coming for me to really decide if I am going to sell or keep it (I decided to wait till the end of the season and based on how much I rode it). So... if anyone knows of anyone looking for a fully decked out, (and I mean fully) 04' 950 Adv in the fastest colour possible BLACK, let me know...

Wings Exhaust
Rally Risers
Heated Grips
16T Counter sprocket
.54 springs
re-jetted
Unifillter
Renazco Seat...
Aux lights...

D
I'll take the Renazco.......
Old 09-12-2008, 09:34 AM   #7556
kahoon
who's yer daddy??

Oddometer: 2,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiablolex
I'll take the Renazco.......
I'll take the Wings.....

edit: they should have vulture smiles for this kinda thing

kahoon screwed with this post 09-12-2008 at 09:39 AM
kahoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:42 AM   #7557
adiablolex
Lost again

Oddometer: 3,693
Quote:
I'll take the Wings.....

How bout this one?
Old 09-12-2008, 09:48 AM   #7558
Ooobah-Moto
Banned

Quote:
I'll take the Wings.....

Old 09-12-2008, 10:40 AM   #7559
osteo
Motion is Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber-Moto
Vultures is right!!

D

Rally Connex Adventures
Off-Road Adventures
Make It Stick Media

Old 09-12-2008, 01:51 PM   #7560
RobbieO
Banned

Oddometer: 8,161
Quote:

Wings Exhaust
Rally Risers
Heated Grips
16T Counter sprocket
.54 springs
re-jetted
Unifillter
Renazco Seat...
Aux lights...

D
Paging drcool, paging drcool....dream bike at the courtesey phone......
RobbieO is offline   Reply With Quote