ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2008, 05:37 PM   #7546
doughy
Beastly Adventurer
 
doughy's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Everywhere I shouldn't be...
Oddometer: 3,118
So I needed to post this cause I ride the bike that won.... Now seeing that Ube and a couple of us THAT ACTUALLY RODE FIGHT CLUB, were saying a 450 or smaller bike would be better, I want to post this.........

http://motocross.transworld.net/2008...-grudge-match/


I could beat him....
__________________
Gas prices aren't bad if you think of gas as liquid exploding dinosaurs.

Until you come close to death, you really never know how or what it is to live.

Is it an adventure to find oneself, or is it destiny......
doughy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:24 PM   #7547
osteo
Motion is Life
 
osteo's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: somewhere in Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber-Moto
Flueger..... I was about to push the YES button but quickly realized that we have a scheduling conflict. I've planned for the Fall Color's Ride on the same weekend as the Terra Nova enduro..... this sucks!!!!
Priorities my young Padewan, priorities! I'd take the Beast out to ride with you just for the Cord! (and leave the 1/2 Beast at home!)

D
__________________
"If it is small enough to eat in a single meal, don't worry about it, hit it!. If it is too large to eat in one sitting, get the hell away from it!" Jack Splash commenting on animals on the trail.

Rally Connex Adventures
Off-Road Adventures
Make It Stick Media

Adventure Has No Destination

08' KTM 450 EXC - The Half Beast -
04' Yamaha TTR250 (for the wife)
osteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:42 PM   #7548
Ooobah-Moto
Banned
 
Ooobah-Moto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto / London
Oddometer: 3,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by osteo
Priorities my young Padewan, priorities! I'd take the Beast out to ride with you just for the Cord! (and leave the 1/2 Beast at home!)

D
Dennis, at the rate I'm going I'll have to take a Friday off for us to finally get a ride in together!!!
Ooobah-Moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:46 PM   #7549
Fin
Kahoon's my daddy!
 
Fin's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada.
Oddometer: 2,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridemuch
Sploooooot!

Hey Robbie... I can dance to that!
__________________
"When in doubt, gas it." This, to be honest, doesn't always solve the problem, but at least it ends the suspense.
Mark Gardiner from "Riding Man."

IBA#12239
BMW MOA #124707
Save $5 when you open your own smugmug account. Use code: ByFAeFySLnQKM
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:05 PM   #7550
NoExit
NoProblem
 
NoExit's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Parkdale, Toronto
Oddometer: 343
Gaga for the Ganny

Took advantage of a late starting day at work, and got an eight-hour ride in before hitting the office. Woke at 5 a.m. and hit the Ganaraska Forest for the first time. What a blast. I'm really regretting I didn't get there until today. I spent hours bombing sandy truck paths, navigating tight single track, bouncing off roots on steep hill climbs and popping over fallen trees. What a gem. Even the Dutch Oven was good (the breakfast place on the 35/115, not the bedroom prank).

If you have knobbies on your ride, you're really missing out on some great riding barely more than an hour from downtown Toronto if you haven't hit the Ganny. There's plenty of trails in there for everything from a hulking GSA to a flyweight traily. Even with all the rain we've had, the trails are in great shape. Lots of puddles, but I didn't come across any wheel swallowing bogs, and virtually no washouts.

Same can't be said for the road allowances that go through Long Sault Conservation Area, and the Raglan Pits, which I rode on the way back to T.O. Almost lost the bike in a washed out crevasse in the pits.

Here's a track. Kinda went in circles in the Ganny as I didn't have a map and only a few of the trails were on my GPS topo, but circles is what I do best.
Attached Files
File Type: gpx ganny-track.gpx (333.3 KB, 54 views)
NoExit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:10 PM   #7551
osteo
Motion is Life
 
osteo's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: somewhere in Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExit?NoProblem
Took advantage of a late starting day at work, and got an eight-hour ride in before hitting the office. Woke at 5 a.m. and hit the Ganaraska Forest for the first time. What a blast. I'm really regretting I didn't get there until today. I spent hours bombing sandy truck paths, navigating tight single track, bouncing off roots on steep hill climbs and popping over fallen trees. What a gem. Even the Dutch Oven was good (the breakfast place on the 35/115, not the bedroom prank).

If you have knobbies on your ride, you're really missing out on some great riding barely more than an hour from downtown Toronto if you haven't hit the Ganny. There's plenty of trails in there for everything from a hulking GSA to a flyweight traily. Even with all the rain we've had, the trails are in great shape. Lots of puddles, but I didn't come across any wheel swallowing bogs, and virtually no washouts.

Same can't be said for the road allowances that go through Long Sault Conservation Area, and the Raglan Pits, which I rode on the way back to T.O. Almost lost the bike in a washed out crevasse in the pits.

Here's a track. Kinda went in circles in the Ganny as I didn't have a map and only a few of the trails were on my GPS topo, but circles is what I do best.
I hear you No Exit - a fantastic place to ride... and I was going to post/ask if any of you guys are game, I'm more than likely heading there on Sunday for at least a few hours (unless I head out to Northumberland which is unlikely).

Come on Uber - here's your chance... forget the excuses like 'the girlfriend wants to sleep in' or 'your riding pants are dirty'

Oh - Uber - you still interested in that tire??

So, if anyone is interested, drop me a line I'll be riding single, double, wide, narrow, any and all types of terrain. I think I will also tackle the Eastern Forest which is rarely ridden (most guys ride the west forest beside the 115), and yes, I'll be on the 1/2 beast.

D
__________________
"If it is small enough to eat in a single meal, don't worry about it, hit it!. If it is too large to eat in one sitting, get the hell away from it!" Jack Splash commenting on animals on the trail.

Rally Connex Adventures
Off-Road Adventures
Make It Stick Media

Adventure Has No Destination

08' KTM 450 EXC - The Half Beast -
04' Yamaha TTR250 (for the wife)
osteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:53 AM   #7552
kahoon
who's yer daddy??
 
kahoon's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Oddometer: 2,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by osteo
....and yes, I'll be on the 1/2 beast.
has the full beast seen the road at all this year? do i see a for sale sign going up soon??





kahoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:42 AM   #7553
Ooobah-Moto
Banned
 
Ooobah-Moto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto / London
Oddometer: 3,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by osteo
I hear you No Exit - a fantastic place to ride... and I was going to post/ask if any of you guys are game, I'm more than likely heading there on Sunday for at least a few hours (unless I head out to Northumberland which is unlikely).

Come on Uber - here's your chance... forget the excuses like 'the girlfriend wants to sleep in' or 'your riding pants are dirty'

Oh - Uber - you still interested in that tire??

So, if anyone is interested, drop me a line I'll be riding single, double, wide, narrow, any and all types of terrain. I think I will also tackle the Eastern Forest which is rarely ridden (most guys ride the west forest beside the 115), and yes, I'll be on the 1/2 beast.

D

Excuse #38.... going "couples" camping with my woomin this weekend! ........ .........
Ooobah-Moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 08:28 AM   #7554
osteo
Motion is Life
 
osteo's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: somewhere in Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahoon
has the full beast seen the road at all this year? do i see a for sale sign going up soon??




The Beast has been out, off road once or twice but in truth not all that much. I think I have put about 3 tanks of gas into it so far... it is my commute bike to work these days and the time is coming for me to really decide if I am going to sell or keep it (I decided to wait till the end of the season and based on how much I rode it). So... if anyone knows of anyone looking for a fully decked out, (and I mean fully) 04' 950 Adv in the fastest colour possible BLACK, let me know...

The short list of things done to it:
Wings Exhaust
Rally Risers
Heated Grips
16T Counter sprocket
.54 springs
re-jetted
Unifillter
Renazco Seat...
Aux lights...

man the list goes on and on...

D
__________________
"If it is small enough to eat in a single meal, don't worry about it, hit it!. If it is too large to eat in one sitting, get the hell away from it!" Jack Splash commenting on animals on the trail.

Rally Connex Adventures
Off-Road Adventures
Make It Stick Media

Adventure Has No Destination

08' KTM 450 EXC - The Half Beast -
04' Yamaha TTR250 (for the wife)
osteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:21 AM   #7555
adiablolex
Lost again
 
adiablolex's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Third rock from the Sun
Oddometer: 3,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by osteo
The Beast has been out, off road once or twice but in truth not all that much. I think I have put about 3 tanks of gas into it so far... it is my commute bike to work these days and the time is coming for me to really decide if I am going to sell or keep it (I decided to wait till the end of the season and based on how much I rode it). So... if anyone knows of anyone looking for a fully decked out, (and I mean fully) 04' 950 Adv in the fastest colour possible BLACK, let me know...

The short list of things done to it:
Wings Exhaust
Rally Risers
Heated Grips
16T Counter sprocket
.54 springs
re-jetted
Unifillter
Renazco Seat...
Aux lights...

man the list goes on and on...

D
I'll take the Renazco.......
__________________
DRCOOL rides with me
adiablolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:34 AM   #7556
kahoon
who's yer daddy??
 
kahoon's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Oddometer: 2,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiablolex
I'll take the Renazco.......
I'll take the Wings.....


edit: they should have vulture smiles for this kinda thing







kahoon screwed with this post 09-12-2008 at 09:39 AM
kahoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:42 AM   #7557
adiablolex
Lost again
 
adiablolex's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Third rock from the Sun
Oddometer: 3,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahoon
I'll take the Wings.....


edit: they should have vulture smiles for this kinda thing





How bout this one?
__________________
DRCOOL rides with me
adiablolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:48 AM   #7558
Ooobah-Moto
Banned
 
Ooobah-Moto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto / London
Oddometer: 3,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahoon
I'll take the Wings.....


edit: they should have vulture smiles for this kinda thing





Ooobah-Moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:40 AM   #7559
osteo
Motion is Life
 
osteo's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: somewhere in Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber-Moto
Vultures is right!!

D
__________________
"If it is small enough to eat in a single meal, don't worry about it, hit it!. If it is too large to eat in one sitting, get the hell away from it!" Jack Splash commenting on animals on the trail.

Rally Connex Adventures
Off-Road Adventures
Make It Stick Media

Adventure Has No Destination

08' KTM 450 EXC - The Half Beast -
04' Yamaha TTR250 (for the wife)
osteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:51 PM   #7560
RobbieO
Banned
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Dumpmere - Muskoka
Oddometer: 8,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by osteo
The Beast has been out, off road once or twice but in truth not all that much. I think I have put about 3 tanks of gas into it so far... it is my commute bike to work these days and the time is coming for me to really decide if I am going to sell or keep it (I decided to wait till the end of the season and based on how much I rode it). So... if anyone knows of anyone looking for a fully decked out, (and I mean fully) 04' 950 Adv in the fastest colour possible BLACK, let me know...

The short list of things done to it:
Wings Exhaust
Rally Risers
Heated Grips
16T Counter sprocket
.54 springs
re-jetted
Unifillter
Renazco Seat...
Aux lights...

man the list goes on and on...

D
Paging drcool, paging drcool....dream bike at the courtesey phone......
RobbieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014