Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2006, 03:31 PM   #766
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,892
Nice pics Viking. I can't believe how colourful that scrubby spruce bush is in the fall; it's beautiful.

Looks like you camped in the same place we did on your second night out.

Great stuff!
Attached Images

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 07:39 AM   #767
Viking
Ækt trønder!!

Oddometer: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornce
Nice pics Viking. I can't believe how colourful that scrubby spruce bush is in the fall; it's beautiful.

Looks like you camped in the same place we did on your second night out.

Great stuff!
I was amazed to see the colours, it was a bit cold but there were no bugs this late in the year.
Definately have to go back there sometime and explore more of the other roads.
Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:45 PM   #768
BFD
Jackalope Molestor

Oddometer: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking
There are some other roads going both east and west from JB Road. I would be interested in exploring them in the future.
I would feel more comfortable doing that together with other riders. Maybe ride towards Chicoutimi and then North.

And then there is this this road that goes to Lake Windigo, it is supposed to be the road going the furthest north in Ontario..
You may wish to consider checking out the "short cut" from HWY 113 to the JB Road check-in station. It's a series of logging roads with varied surface conditions. I once accidentally took a detour from the main route and ended up on a remote spur - very pretty, and very remote, but not as far as making the trek up to Radisson.

Taking a buddy is essential in case anything unexpected happens, and you have to keep your eyes and ears open since this route is also used by heavy equipment.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:09 PM   #769
Lornce
Lost In Place

Had to stop and pinch myself on Southwood Rd yesterday. October 3rd and 75 degrees! Rode some terrific twisty/hilly gravel roads north and east of Rosseau.
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2006, 03:11 PM   #770
Fin
Kahoon's my daddy!

Oddometer: 2,324
Quote:
Had to stop and pinch myself on Southwood Rd yesterday. October 3rd and 75 degrees! Rode some terrific twisty/hilly gravel roads north and east of Rosseau.
That is beautiful Lornce. I have to find a way to get in at least one more ride up north... Hmmmmmmmmm.

Fin

IBA#12239
BMW MOA #124707
Save $5 when you open your own smugmug account. Use code: ByFAeFySLnQKM
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 03:17 PM   #771
Lornce
Lost In Place

I'm angling for Friday and Saturday with an overnight at the Wolfden....
Whyn't you join us?
Old 10-05-2006, 06:00 AM   #772
Fin
Kahoon's my daddy!

Quote:
I'm angling for Friday and Saturday with an overnight at the Wolfden....
Whyn't you join us?
I'd love to but this is our annual family weekend at the cottage. A great time but no riding. Another time I hope.

Fin

IBA#12239
BMW MOA #124707
Old 10-05-2006, 06:33 AM   #773
Ontario GS
Budding Adv. Traveler

Oddometer: 389
Algonuin Trek

I'm thinking of saddling up Friday and doing an Algonquin loop day ride. Plan to leave Peterborough in the morning and taking 35 north, thru Algonquin and around. I'm committed Sat., Sun. & Monday, otherwise I would hane done a 2 - 3 day ride in the Algonquin area this weekend.

If weather is promising over the next month, I hope to do a weekend overnight ride before the snow flies!

Husqvarna TE250 (The Gator) -- 10 KTM 690 Enduro

Life ain't about how fast you ride, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.
Ontario GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 07:44 AM   #774
Viking
Ækt trønder!!

Oddometer: 441
It is really beutiful up there this time of year, I will also get a few more rides in this fall.
I am open for a mid week or maybe next weekend starting in Haliburton, I have my bike parked up there at the moment, renovating at home.
This weekend the family is coming back home, so like Fin I am committed.
Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 10:16 AM   #775
Lornce
Lost In Place

Kahoon,
Not sure if you recieved my e-mail or not.... My isp was acting up.... Does noon Sunday work for you at Campbellville? Anyone else on the board want to meet up for a ride Sunday afternoon? Noon in Campbellville, then go looking for twisty, hilly, dirt roads...
Attached Images

Old 10-05-2006, 10:39 AM   #776
kahoon
who's yer daddy??

Oddometer: 2,392
Quote:
Kahoon,
Not sure if you recieved my e-mail or not.... My isp was acting up.... Does noon Sunday work for you at Campbellville? Anyone else on the board want to meet up for a ride Sunday afternoon? Noon in Campbellville, then go looking for twisty, hilly, dirt roads...
sorry lornce, its been a busy morning.

i was hoping for an earlier start, coz i have to be home by 5pm. my brother-in-law will be joining on his SV that should be interesting, maybe he'll wanna upgrade to a DL650 after this! him and i can always head out early for a ride and make the ice house a noon stop for us (or meet you on the corner of 6/whites for 11am). whatever works. i'm also working on show-stack to commit, haven't heard from him yet.

you're in for two spectacular days if yer set on heading up to the wolf den. the forecast is calling for nothing but sun and perfect temps to wear a roadcrafter
kahoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 01:27 PM   #777
Ridemuch
SUP

Oddometer: 2,257
I'll be heading up to Haliburton this sunday for a day ride to the my sisters cottage...But I may try to get my girlfriend to make it a 2 day event and stop at the Wolf Den on sat. night
Old 10-05-2006, 01:46 PM   #778
Fin
Kahoon's my daddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridemuch
I'll be heading up to Haliburton this sunday for a day ride to the my sisters cottage...But I may try to get my girlfriend to make it a 2 day event and stop at the Wolf Den on sat. night
Oh you guys!!! I'm dying here. I can't believe I'm off from Friday til Tuesday and there's no ride in the plans. This is why we have gun control laws in Canada.

Anyone around Tuesday morning that might want to get in a day ride?

Fin

IBA#12239
BMW MOA #124707
Old 10-05-2006, 05:08 PM   #779
Ridemuch
SUP

Oddometer: 2,257
Hey guys I'll be going to Belgium and NL for christmas and new years.Found some nice gear there. Has anyone heard of www.macna.nl or www.richa.be ??

Thanks
Old 10-06-2006, 06:36 AM   #780
Pig-Pen
(Formerly KTMike)

Oddometer: 1,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridemuch
Hey guys I'll be going to Belgium and NL for christmas and new years.Found some nice gear there. Has anyone heard of www.macna.nl or www.richa.be ??

Thanks
Ridemuch,

I haven't heard of them, but if you get a chance to go over to "ze fatherland" it would be worth your while to check out either one of these places www.polo-motorrad.de or www.louis.de Both places have an unbelievable selection of gear and the prices are usaually amazing on most stuff, especially if they are having a sale. I've bought some stuff when I was over there and have their catalouges (got a gortex liner once for $10). Both catalouges are the size of an average phone book.

It's unbelievable the selection you can get over in Europe vs. here or the US. You should'nt have any shortage of places to look in Belgium or the NL either.