Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2006, 08:40 PM   #91
osteo
Motion is Life

Oddometer: 1,856
Hey Ridemuch and Fin - seeing as Drif10 has mentioned my name, I had better pipe up!!! as posted previously the Rallyconnex rides are a great way to get started and they are in different locations - so that might work out as a first place to meet.

The first ride is May 14th (Sunday) just West of Barrie in Angus. The ride goes up and around Blue Mountain. I did it last year and was quite pleased - I did the stock tire route, and this year would do the stock tire route 2up with the wife!

Other than that, I'm game to hook up anytime - always looking for people that are adventurous! - Drif10 is one of them!, I'd ride with him anyday!

My first off road foray was with him on my 950! through the Northumberland Trails, I succeeded in laying down my bike about 5 times, and the bastard laughed at most of them!!! but I would do it again in a heart beat and with him!!

I can tell you that as long as the salt is off the road I will be on it on my bike in March (or sooner) - Any Sunday in April is a good place to start for me!

D

Rally Connex Adventures
Off-Road Adventures
Make It Stick Media

Adventure Has No Destination

08' KTM 450 EXC - The Half Beast -
04' Yamaha TTR250 (for the wife)

osteo screwed with this post 02-05-2006 at 08:49 PM
osteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:06 PM   #92
The Shepherd
Lord of Mondays

Oddometer: 22
I'd be up for a ride. I can make any location, I'm pretty central. As for a date someone will have to organize and I'll see if I can show up. I have a bit of a crazy schedule.

"Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life." - Billy Connolly
The Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 02:03 AM   #93
Ontario GS
Budding Adv. Traveler

Oddometer: 383
I think gathering for a ride is a great idea.

Husqvarna TE250 (The Gator) -- 10 KTM 690 Enduro

Life ain't about how fast you ride, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.
Ontario GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 03:33 AM   #94
ZZR_Ron
Underground

Oddometer: 7,998
Bracebridge is still a 21 hour ride from here...

but if you guys set this up well ahead of time, I might be able to make it.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:24 PM   #95
Fin
Kahoon's my daddy!

Oddometer: 2,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZR_Ron
Bracebridge is still a 21 hour ride from here...

but if you guys set this up well ahead of time, I might be able to make it.

Hey ZZR_Ron

Since it's such a long distance for you why don't you make the first pick for a date. Dibs gotta go to the one that comes the farthest.

Fin

IBA#12239
BMW MOA #124707
Save $5 when you open your own smugmug account. Use code: ByFAeFySLnQKM
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:24 PM   #96
ZZR_Ron
Underground

Oddometer: 7,998
Appreciate that Fin, but as I mentioned in the other thread, I might be job hunting instead of riding. I'll let you guys pick a date, and see what I can do.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:43 PM   #97
Fin
Kahoon's my daddy!

Oddometer: 2,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZR_Ron
Appreciate that Fin, but as I mentioned in the other thread, I might be job hunting instead of riding. I'll let you guys pick a date, and see what I can do.
Doh! Will let you know.

Fin

IBA#12239
BMW MOA #124707
Save $5 when you open your own smugmug account. Use code: ByFAeFySLnQKM
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 02:03 PM   #98
Ridemuch
SUP

Oddometer: 2,234
Hey guys I looked up www.ATVOntario.com and they had some great trails. They have a spring ride on April 28/29 but after seeing last years pics of this event I think we might be better off taking the Seguin Trail.It was an old railway.I've done it in the past by sled but on there site it goes from Perry Sound to Huntsville.I called them today from more info but the lady who's in charge wasn't in today so i left her a message for more info.If anyone has 1st hand knowlage of this trail I would love to hear your input on it.
Well that's my 2 scents on a spring ride...
Old 02-09-2006, 05:55 PM   #99
osteo
Motion is Life

Ridemuch

I might be mistaken but I think that the Seguin Trail is for ATV and sleds only (and hikers)... Drif10 might be able to correct me on that as I think he has been on it on his bike before.

I think this is also the same with sections of the TransCanada trail the multi-use sections pertain to ATV's and sleds but ironically enough not to ATV's that destroy it more.

I rode a section of the TransCanada trail off Hwy 7 towards Ottawa last summer, I passed a few people hiking the trail and received some pretty strange looks - so I just went slow as I passed them. I even have a map of the trail, but have no idea where I put it.

Here is another link http://www.ontariotrails.on.ca

On the Atvontario site, in quickly going through the pages, you might notice that they do NOT mention motorbikes at all...

Again, I could be mistaken.

D

Rally Connex Adventures
Off-Road Adventures
Make It Stick Media

Old 02-09-2006, 06:03 PM   #100
Ridemuch
SUP

I think you're right.But if you look on www.parktoparktrail.com and click on trail map you will see a section where we can ride....think
Old 02-09-2006, 07:49 PM   #101
BobM
DualSport

Oddometer: 307
Seguin Trail

Almost all of the Sequin Trail is open to motorcycles. The Wolf BMW Dualsport Ride at the '05 Parry Sound Rally (lead by Bob Bergman of Dakar fame) used it as far as Nipissing Road. There were a couple of big GS's on the ride that easily handled it - but most of it was the usual rail trail - straight, flat and mainly boring. The local twisty gravel roads were much more fun for a "big dog" ride.

Bob
www.odsc.on.ca
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:13 PM   #102
osteo
Motion is Life

Thanks for the clarification BobM - and good link to the Parktopark route Ridemuch... I can see that will be a nice destination at some point this summer!

D

Rally Connex Adventures
Off-Road Adventures
Make It Stick Media

Old 02-10-2006, 07:59 AM   #103
Ridemuch
SUP

Thanks for the info guys.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:07 AM   #104
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobM
Almost all of the Sequin Trail is open to motorcycles. The Wolf BMW Dualsport Ride at the '05 Parry Sound Rally (lead by Bob Bergman of Dakar fame) used it as far as Nipissing Road. There were a couple of big GS's on the ride that easily handled it - but most of it was the usual rail trail - straight, flat and mainly boring. The local twisty gravel roads were much more fun for a "big dog" ride.

Bob
www.odsc.on.ca
Rode the whole Seguin fully loaded on my 640 Adv to go to Sportbike back in 2003. Whole thing is GSable, with tourances, I'd think. Ended up leading the dualsport ride on the second day, there was a guy on a Guzzi Jackal (think Guzzi cruiser) who rode with us on street tires. Big dogs won't have a problem. It's old rail bed, so it's pretty easy riding, just watch out for a lot of whoops in sections.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:46 AM   #105
Ontario GS
Budding Adv. Traveler

Oddometer: 383
Big Dog Ontario gathering

A number of Big Dog riders are gathering Sunday, February 19th at 7:15 pm to meet & socialize. We are meeting at the Tim Horton's in Whitby, east of Brock St. off of highway 401.

The initial thrust of the gathering is to have a discussion focused on GPS tricks & tips, as well as to put the planning gears in motion to work out a couple of spring rides.

If your interested in attending, pm myself, Fin or Osteo

If coming from the East, you exit at the Brock St. exit and there will be a Sunoco gas station, Tim’s, Wendy's and McD's all right there at the off ramp.

If coming from the West, same thing, exit at Brock, come over the bridge (now going north) and you will see McD's and Tim's behind it.

Husqvarna TE250 (The Gator) -- 10 KTM 690 Enduro

Life ain't about how fast you ride, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.
Ontario GS is offline   Reply With Quote