Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #7126
Prophex
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbiker View Post
Install one of these in place of the stock flasher relay (located under the seat, on the right side):

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...+BLINKER+RELAY

It's plug and play, the LED blinkers work perfectly, and you don't have to mess with any wiring.
Ok, great!

I do still have the stock blinkers in the rear. Will that be a problem ? (And I may eventually switch to the 12'o clock labs all-in-one solution for my EDGE tail light kit.)
Prophex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #7127
cjbiker
Nobody's Robot

Oddometer: 2,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophex View Post
Ok, great!

I do still have the stock blinkers in the rear. Will that be a problem ? (And I may eventually switch to the 12'o clock labs all-in-one solution for my EDGE tail light kit.)
Shouldn't be. I'm running stock blinkers on the front and LED in the back, and it works fine.
cjbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #7128
Prophex
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbiker View Post
Shouldn't be. I'm running stock blinkers on the front and LED in the back, and it works fine.
Ok. And 1 more question: Is it bad to continue riding for now with the quick flashing blinkers ? (I got a big Enduro weekend comming up and there is no way that I'll get a new relay before then.)
Old 08-10-2012, 12:30 PM   #7129
cjbiker
Nobody's Robot

Oddometer: 2,320
Quote:
Ok. And 1 more question: Is it bad to continue riding for now with the quick flashing blinkers ? (I got a big Enduro weekend comming up and there is no way that I'll get a new relay before then.)
Shouldn't hurt anything. Have fun!
cjbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:33 PM   #7130
Rob.G
Mostly Harmless

Oddometer: 2,026
Handguard / Lever Clearance

I've seen posts about people having trouble with handguard clearance and levers. Go to www.procycle.us, go into the DR650 section and search (ctrl-F in your browser) for "Handguard Extenders" -- they're spacers that go between the handguards and your bar ends, so the balls of the levers don't interfere. I have these on my DR650... they're great.

Rob
'10 Kawasaki KLX351S #320
Rob.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:35 AM   #7131
CorNut
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Levers

for levers I went with these ones here (choose OEM Replacement Levers):

http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/s...14/index.shtml

I just got the OEM replacement short levers, I got both the clutch and brake for under $25 shipped. just go to OEM Replacement Levers and choose if you have <07 or 08+. I have a 2012 and got the 08+'s, they fit fine with my Tusk D-Flex handguards. I didn't feel like trimming my stock ones so went that route. I can't say for certain they work with all handguards but the ones I got from Forest at WCS fit fine with my Tusk brand guards from rockymountain.

CorNut screwed with this post 08-11-2012 at 07:06 AM
CorNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:49 AM   #7132
Prophex
Adventurer

Finished with all of the visual mods ... for now ;)

I've don all of the visual mods that I intended to do on this bike, asside from a 12 o'clock labs all-in-one integrated rear tail light. But in Belgium your blinkers must be orange, so I'm currently putting that off untill they come out with a kit which does that.

Here's some pictures:

MORE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10

Close up of some of the STICKERS: 1, 2 & 3

List of mods:
  • New stickers (Old ones came off while pressure washing.)
  • Red rim tripes
  • ZETA CX HANDLEBAR 7/8 in (22.2mm) in size "Motard-Medium"
  • ZETA Armour handguards
  • Handguard mirrors
  • Donut grips
  • Integrated front l.e.d. blinkers
  • EDGE tail light kit
  • New l.e.d. rear blinkers
  • Official KAWASAKI skid plate
  • Removed rubbers from foot pegs (Stock ones are realy slippery when wet!)
  • Removed snorkel
  • Derestriced the bike (European model is electronically limited to 105 kmh.)
  • Added charge line to my batterie for easy hookup to my Optimate charger

Next up will be upgrading the power, but that won't be for a while unless I win the lottery or something.

Prophex screwed with this post 08-17-2012 at 01:37 AM
Old 08-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #7133
lobolator
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 168
Good lookin' bike Prophex

That thing looks great!
Is that your stock muffler? Much fancier than the U.S. model if so.
lobolator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:16 AM   #7134
jamster
09 klx250s

Oddometer: 10
Cool2 Can't Sleep

Your Bike looks kewl Prophex !!! You can tell that's the stock pipe from the little hole at the end,but you are right Lobolator they look better than the U.S. stock pipes !!! Wonder if there just as heavy ,Fuckers weigh a ton,changed mine with a FMF powerbomb header and the FMF power core 4 muffler from e-bay $410.00 for the combo i did alot of shopping and this is the best deal. Totally woke my bike up after i put this FMF system on. Mind you that i did all the free mods (remove emmissions/crankcase breather drilled 1/2" ect. and including rejetting with larger pilot (dealer) and main jet/needle (dynojet) carb mods and i did the air filter (UNI 2-stage). I also removed the snorkel and the screen from the airbox. Think i might loose the lid also,but i was doing some creek riding last outing so i didn't want to risk it. Oh ya the best part probly is the sound of the bike now (Sounds like it has a pair). Also i'm alway's the leader on the trails now Because No one can keep up with me !!!

I ride strictly offroad atm with this bike and it's totally set up for it.Barkbuster hand guards from moose racing,fly racing handle bars kx bend,off road tires dunlop/pirelli,oversized footpegs,protaper grips,2 finger clutch/brake handle mods.I run a Bel-Ray oil 10-30 synthetic w/ stainless steel filter and i run a 13/42 gear ratio.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:58 AM   #7135
brieninsac
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 204
Quote:
After installing some ZETA Armor handguards, the front brake line was chafing against the front left blinker, so it had to go.

I decided to go with the ZETA integrated l.e.d. blinkers which you can buy as an option for the ZETA XC potectors which in turn fit the armour handguards. But ever since I switched out the stock blinkers for these, they flash at least twice as fast a bit uncontrollably. The front and rear blinkers still flash in sinc, but way to quick.

How do I fix this ? What do I have to buy and where do I have to put/install it ? (on which leads ?) My knowledge of "electric stuff" is very low, so please explain thouroughly.

The 1 sheet manual that came with the blinkers gives 2 options that may solve the problem, but I have no idea what they are, let alone which to get:
  1. L.E.D. Registor Wire (enables power to be adjusted to "blink" turn signals correctly)
  2. L.E.D. IC Relay (Relay for Correcting power to the L.E.D. making it possible to operate at a low level of power.)

Any help here would be hot!
I've thought about getting these bark busters but my concern is how visible the turn-signals are to on coming cars. Do you feel they're at least as bright and visible as the stock ones?
brieninsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:10 PM   #7136
Prophex
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brieninsac View Post
I've thought about getting these bark busters but my concern is how visible the turn-signals are to on coming cars. Do you feel they're at least as bright and visible as the stock ones?
Not at all as bright or visible as the stock ones! Especially since I took the smoked version. The rear blinkers I got do also have 3 led's pointing forward and that helps alot. But if you're looking for high visibility against on coming cars, I would not recommend these, sry.

(But I don't mind, as long as the rear blinkers are good.)
Old 08-15-2012, 10:48 PM   #7137
ACole
Udafarkarwee Tribe.

Oddometer: 53
My 09

Here's my 09 with a purpose built aux tank by www.nomadtanks.com.au

Bike has a two bros exhaust, uni filter, KDX Snorkel and a stage 2 Dynojet kit.
Goes really well. Huge difference after jetting. Just fitted fork spring spacers but have yet to really test them.
09, KLX250s, Stage 2 jet kit, etc, 09 XT660R, Stage 2 DNA Filter, Dunlop D606 Tyres, GYTR Bash Plate, Fork Spring Spacers, OTR Water Pump Guard, CNC Gear Lever, Rear B/lever ext, EGO B/Busters, Cameltoe S/Stand Puck, Ventura pack rack. CB1000R9

ACole screwed with this post 08-15-2012 at 10:58 PM
ACole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:37 AM   #7138
mikesova
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,734
I love my KLX250s, but I HATE the kickstand. It is such a stupidly designed setup that causes the bike to lean too much. Last night, I built a riser out of cutting board plastic to bolt to the bottom. Has anybody come up with any better solutions that don't require welding? Any other kickstands that fit and work better?
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:14 AM   #7139
Rob.G
Mostly Harmless

Oddometer: 2,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
I love my KLX250s, but I HATE the kickstand. It is such a stupidly designed setup that causes the bike to lean too much. Last night, I built a riser out of cutting board plastic to bolt to the bottom. Has anybody come up with any better solutions that don't require welding? Any other kickstands that fit and work better?
I don't think this is the fault of the kickstand; it's the rear shock and spring. It's too freakin' soft. When you sit on the bike, it compresses way down, to the point that you have to tip the bike to the right to get the stand up. Then when you get off the bike, shock extends all the way and the thing leans way the hell over.

I figured this out when a friend jacked up the preload on my rear shock. It no longer compressed so much when I got on it, so it made the kickstand seem better matched to it, but still short.

So once I get around to redoing my rear shock and getting a new spring, the stand will be better and I can extend it (which will require a half hour of welding and grinding).

Rob
'10 Kawasaki KLX351S #320
Rob.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:20 AM   #7140
mikesova
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob.G View Post
I don't think this is the fault of the kickstand; it's the rear shock and spring. It's too freakin' soft. When you sit on the bike, it compresses way down, to the point that you have to tip the bike to the right to get the stand up. Then when you get off the bike, shock extends all the way and the thing leans way the hell over.

I figured this out when a friend jacked up the preload on my rear shock. It no longer compressed so much when I got on it, so it made the kickstand seem better matched to it, but still short.

So once I get around to redoing my rear shock and getting a new spring, the stand will be better and I can extend it (which will require a half hour of welding and grinding).

Rob
Looking at every other dual sport kickstand, I disagree. I'm sure the soft spring isn't helping things, but the design just sucks, with the spring in the rear, as well as the way the kickstand mates with the bracket on the bike, it's too loose causing it to lean even more once the pad hits the ground. The lean angle also blows. ;)
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote