Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2006, 02:03 PM   #961
skootercee
GOT MUDD!

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendoggy
I think i have read this thread 3 times now love all the work and effort everyone is keeping up in here sure does help, I know i have seen in cant find it now thought the disturbtor that had the muzzy exhaust that was cheaper than 427.00 any help would be great i need to get it order so i can get it on the green machine. Thanks Mike

got mine from www.jcmotors.com $362.99 shipped to hawaii
Old 04-01-2006, 05:03 PM   #962
navyman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Quote:
I think i have read this thread 3 times now love all the work and effort everyone is keeping up in here sure does help, I know i have seen in cant find it now thought the disturbtor that had the muzzy exhaust that was cheaper than 427.00 any help would be great i need to get it order so i can get it on the green machine. Thanks Mike
http://www.starcycle.com/exhausts.html

These guys have the full stainless/aluminum system with the quiet insert/spark arrestor for 377.90. It is the cheapest I've seen with all of the parts. If the jcmotors price includes the insert/arrestor I'll be jumping on that band wagon. Every dollar saved is another dollar for more mods!
navyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 06:24 PM   #963
kyjelly44
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
fyi

i didnt get the quiet insert/spark arrestor with mine from jcmotors.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:33 PM   #964
hendoggy
Crash test dummy

Oddometer: 18
Thanks you guys are awesome, i think i am gonna hit the beach and the red sand dust bowl. take care and have good one.
hendoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 07:38 PM   #965
hendoggy
Crash test dummy

The model number for the exhaust is for the KLX300 Correct????

97-04 KLX3001014-00087STNLS FULL EXHAUST ALUM CAN$349.95
Old 04-01-2006, 07:52 PM   #966
navyman
Adventurer

Quote:
The model number for the exhaust is for the KLX300 Correct????

97-04 KLX3001014-00087STNLS FULL EXHAUST ALUM CAN$349.95
That is correct. You may want the spark arrestor/quiet insert to go with it at the bottom #0045-00012 for 27.95 - depending on where you plan to ride. Hope it helps.

On a side note... I have been really concerned about my suspension until today. I'm about 210 and do some aggressive riding. I could tell that I was really working the suspension and having a lot of bottoming. The dealership told me that the stock settings on the bike would be fine for my weight. On another klx site I see that the stock set-up is for 150 lbs. I guess it pays to read the manual, eh? I share this for those of you who may have been similarly misled.
Old 04-02-2006, 06:09 AM   #967
hendoggy
Crash test dummy

Well here are some more pics south end of the island the island in the back ground is COCO's island, I am hating this break in. I am taking it easy to 500 and then its over, I wont hurt anything by putting just the muzzys on there with out doing the re jet?

mike

Old 04-02-2006, 10:58 AM   #968
kyjelly44
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
re-jet the carb when you put the muzzys system on the bike at the same time.its a must
an other great idea ,would be to put a 13 tooth front sproket at the same time.

was in guam a few times getting fuel.(canadian navy)we did stay a week in sia pan.that place was nice,could only dream of what riding that island wouls be like.although we did rent a new jeep tj and write it off

kyjelly44 screwed with this post 04-02-2006 at 08:17 PM
kyjelly44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 09:20 PM   #969
hendoggy
Crash test dummy

its not to bad here there are alot of trails to ride out here, lots of jeeps and 4x4 stuff, got some hills and dust bowls only problem is like a sand dune but hard, first 1 inch is soft and loose underneith its hard as a rock, I was riding a 660 raptor last weekend and almost crashed it a few times little too fast for the trails.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:16 AM   #970
MaverickAus
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 942
fooking jap / thai bolts ... the bloody heads are made out of cheese, nothing has changed in 30 years.

I went to remove my gear lever cause I bent it a little and I wanted to streighten it off the bike. I have good quality tools and I used the correct size (8mm). The spanner just spun on the head of the %$#@ing bolt. Of course you can't get a socket to it cause the frame is in the way. So now I'll have to somehow get my visegrips onto it and try to undo the *&^%er. Jeeeezzzz that makes me mad
Old 04-03-2006, 05:19 AM   #971
a16tony
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 557
Valves @ 3200 Miles

There is a controversy over the first valve check. Book says 7500mi, dealer says 600mi. I skipped the 600mi due to the book, and I checked them due to high end stumble. HERE are my results.
a16tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 08:13 AM   #972
tboysen
n00b

Oddometer: 7
A few questions about the klx 250s

I really interested in this bike, it fits with most of the riding I plan on doing, except for the long trip from TN to CO and back this summer. I will need to cary all the neccessary provisions plus camera gear and lap-top. Will this little wonderbike be up to the task of such a long ride? Very little if any super-slab, mostly state roads and trails that I run across. I will have to manage the wind of OK, MO, etc. but I would think that it would handle that okay... Am I nuts?

Tr
tboysen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 09:20 AM   #973
navyman
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboysen
I really interested in this bike, it fits with most of the riding I plan on doing, except for the long trip from TN to CO and back this summer. I will need to cary all the neccessary provisions plus camera gear and lap-top. Will this little wonderbike be up to the task of such a long ride? Very little if any super-slab, mostly state roads and trails that I run across. I will have to manage the wind of OK, MO, etc. but I would think that it would handle that okay... Am I nuts?

Tr
I rode 110 miles with my wife on the bike. The bike performed wonderfully, however, my butt was killing me. The seat isn't great for prolonged sitting. My off-road style involves a lot of standing so I don't notice it there.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:23 AM   #974
a16tony
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by tboysen

Tr
The bike runs great on the 100-150 mile trips I've put it through. I will run wide open for an hour or so with no problems. Now loading a ton of gear won't happen. 10lbs of gas on the rack and...LINK
a16tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 11:15 AM   #975
jeepphamilee
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Thumb valves

Quote:
Originally Posted by a16tony
There is a controversy over the first valve check. Book says 7500mi, dealer says 600mi. I skipped the 600mi due to the book, and I checked them due to high end stumble. HERE are my results.
I was wondering about this too. I just did an oil change and lately I have noticed my valves ticking a lot. Thought the oil change might help it out a but... it didn't. I was wondering why the dealer told me I should have them done at 600 instead of 7500, I just thought they were trying to sell me something I didn't need...... guess I was wrong. I have an apt tomorrow to get the valves done, they said 1.5-2 hours of work at 55.00 an hour so I guess it isn't not worth it. I just wanted to say thanks for posting this info to help people like me that haven't been around a bike in quite some time. I have got a lot out of this thread and this just adds to it.
jeepphamilee is offline   Reply With Quote