ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Rockies
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 09-09-2007, 06:06 AM   #46
Python423
TnAdvRiders.com
 
Python423's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Sweetwater, TN
Oddometer: 1,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogAdventures.com
Python---I just opened this file with mapsource with no problem---over a hundred people have use it to navigate the CD.
Its a bad file. Re-dl it and then try to open it. All I could think, maybe it got corrupted over time on the server that stores advriders files. I have the latest mapsource. I have no intrest in the file, someone asked me a question about opening gpx, who was having problems with your file, so I investiaged for them. The file does not load in mapsource, nor does GPSBabel either one will recognize it. GPSBabel will not convert it. I'm taking the one posted in message 19 and re-editing it, to combine some of the tracks down to under 20 , down to 15. Which is plenty to load it on a Garmin 60CSX. Not sure how many tracks other garmins will hold? probably 20? but some maybe 10? I dunno. 60csx is under 20. The one posted in message 19 was 26. So I edited and combined some.. Here is the file..
Attached Files
File Type: gpx cd_pythonedit.gpx (817.3 KB, 502 views)
__________________
Vist Tennessee's (and Surrounding Areas)
Online Offroad/Dualsport community at ...

http://www.facebook.com/python423
Python423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:17 AM   #47
Chain link
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Chain link's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Woodinville, WA
Oddometer: 369
Great tracks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python423
Its a bad file. Re-dl it and then try to open it. All I could think, maybe it got corrupted over time on the server that stores advriders files. I have the latest mapsource. I have no intrest in the file, someone asked me a question about opening gpx, who was having problems with your file, so I investiaged for them. The file does not load in mapsource, nor does GPSBabel either one will recognize it. GPSBabel will not convert it. I'm taking the one posted in message 19 and re-editing it, to combine some of the tracks down to under 20 , down to 15. Which is plenty to load it on a Garmin 60CSX. Not sure how many tracks other garmins will hold? probably 20? but some maybe 10? I dunno. 60csx is under 20. The one posted in message 19 was 26. So I edited and combined some.. Here is the file..
Thanks for the GPS trax.
If you want a real treat, download the latest version of Mapsource and Google Earth. When you load the file in MapSource hit the view button on the tool bar and select view in Google Earth. You can fly the entire route on satellite images. Be sure to zoom in from time to time and you can see the terrain up close and personal.
__________________
2005 KTM 640
Chain link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:30 AM   #48
tbirdsp
REMF
 
tbirdsp's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: Nebraska
Oddometer: 8,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python423
Its a bad file. Re-dl it and then try to open it. All I could think, maybe it got corrupted over time on the server that stores advriders files. I have the latest mapsource. I have no intrest in the file, someone asked me a question about opening gpx, who was having problems with your file, so I investiaged for them. The file does not load in mapsource, nor does GPSBabel either one will recognize it. GPSBabel will not convert it. I'm taking the one posted in message 19 and re-editing it, to combine some of the tracks down to under 20 , down to 15. Which is plenty to load it on a Garmin 60CSX. Not sure how many tracks other garmins will hold? probably 20? but some maybe 10? I dunno. 60csx is under 20. The one posted in message 19 was 26. So I edited and combined some.. Here is the file..
I was able to download and open the file BigDog posted in message #7 of this thread in Mapsource with no problems.
60CSx holds 20 saved tracks of 500 points each.
__________________
Mike S.
'09 Bonneville Black, '05 KLR650, '07 Yam Majesty
AMA MSTA
http://www.reddeliciousband.com
tbirdsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:04 AM   #49
Readymeal
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Townsville, NQ
Oddometer: 113
I m staying at a friend's place in Texas and would like to get the edited file to my 60CSX but mapsource can not be installed without privious mapsource installation????

any other software around could help me to upload this file to my GPS?

thx

edit:
after a bit of search on internet i found http://www.easygps.com which does very well the job
__________________
94 BMW R100GSPD
79 Suzuki GS750 black 4 in 2
81 Yamaha XT 540

Readymeal screwed with this post 09-10-2007 at 09:38 AM
Readymeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:59 AM   #50
Mtncrzr
Just Kidding, not really
 
Mtncrzr's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Fort Collins, the Mtns
Oddometer: 1,213
You have to pay the man

That's because you have to pay for Mapsource. 15 bucks little man, put that sh*t in my hand or you'll owe, owe, owe, Jungle love...
__________________
I'll be the one on the horizontal silver 640 KTM Adventure.
Mtncrzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:28 AM   #51
Python423
TnAdvRiders.com
 
Python423's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Sweetwater, TN
Oddometer: 1,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdsp
I was able to download and open the file BigDog posted in message #7 of this thread in Mapsource with no problems.
Thats weird.. I have latest mapsource, and it will not open on mine. Also the guy who refered me to it, woudlnt load on his. I tried using gspbabel to convert it to .gdb or some other format, and GPSbabel woudlnt recognize it either on my machine.. weird.
__________________
Vist Tennessee's (and Surrounding Areas)
Online Offroad/Dualsport community at ...

http://www.facebook.com/python423
Python423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:24 AM   #52
Chain link
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Chain link's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Woodinville, WA
Oddometer: 369
Map Source Updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python423
Thats weird.. I have latest mapsource, and it will not open on mine. Also the guy who refered me to it, woudlnt load on his. I tried using gspbabel to convert it to .gdb or some other format, and GPSbabel woudlnt recognize it either on my machine.. weird.
If you have mapsource update it to the latest version from the Garmin site.
__________________
2005 KTM 640
Chain link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:27 PM   #53
johnwesley
wanta be
 
johnwesley's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: mena, Ar
Oddometer: 1,530
Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python423
Thats weird.. I have latest mapsource, and it will not open on mine. Also the guy who refered me to it, woudlnt load on his. I tried using gspbabel to convert it to .gdb or some other format, and GPSbabel woudlnt recognize it either on my machine.. weird.
Yea I have the same problem. Would love to have the files would anyone mind sending an e-mail to me with a working version
johnwesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:31 PM   #54
johnwesley
wanta be
 
johnwesley's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: mena, Ar
Oddometer: 1,530
Laugh

got impatient so I found this. http://www.dickjacobs.com/gps.htm
is this a simular file? It opened up fine for me
johnwesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:43 PM   #55
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Carson City/Ridgecrest
Oddometer: 5,269
20 500 point tracks

People have asked for a file with 20 500 points tracks. I created this one form GPSKevin's trip. Any one who has any suggestions where he did not follow the best route, let me know. I will put this file on GPSXchange.com for future reference.
Attached Files
File Type: gpx CDR 20x500.gpx (1.25 MB, 404 views)
__________________
Jerry Counts

Countdown screwed with this post 10-08-2007 at 12:21 PM
Countdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:16 AM   #56
Python423
TnAdvRiders.com
 
Python423's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Sweetwater, TN
Oddometer: 1,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwesley
Yea I have the same problem. Would love to have the files would anyone mind sending an e-mail to me with a working version
Try reading a little closer. I posted a edit of it in post 46 that works with my mapsource.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=46
__________________
Vist Tennessee's (and Surrounding Areas)
Online Offroad/Dualsport community at ...

http://www.facebook.com/python423
Python423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:00 AM   #57
intheways
Gnarly Adventurer
 
intheways's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Stuck in the city
Oddometer: 419
I'm definitely a GPS newb (I don't have one), but I would just like to download the maps to my computer. Problem is that at my job we have Macs. Anyone know of a Mac compatible program that will allow me to open .gpx files?

Thanks
intheways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:29 AM   #58
error cooled
anything but asphalt
 
error cooled's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Oddometer: 1,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by freetour
I'm definitely a GPS newb (I don't have one), but I would just like to download the maps to my computer. Problem is that at my job we have Macs. Anyone know of a Mac compatible program that will allow me to open .gpx files?

Thanks
Google Earth - http://earth.google.com/index.html
error cooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:59 PM   #59
PozoRider
Just Ride
 
PozoRider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Atascadero, CA
Oddometer: 209
I'm planning a CD trip this August. The first question that I have is if there are other offroad routes from the Mexican border to Silver City? Looking at the maps it looks like there are plenty of trails out there. The tracks go right up 81, is there a reason for this?

Thanks,
__________________
Rich Reyes
2011 Beta 520 RR
2009 KTM 690 Enduro R
Dick's Desert Dash
American Beta
PozoRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:38 PM   #60
tbirdsp
REMF
 
tbirdsp's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: Nebraska
Oddometer: 8,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by PozoRider
I'm planning a CD trip this August. The first question that I have is if there are other offroad routes from the Mexican border to Silver City? Looking at the maps it looks like there are plenty of trails out there. The tracks go right up 81, is there a reason for this?

Thanks,
The I-10 to Silver City section is a decent ride. It's only the ~70 miles on 81 between I-10 and Antelope Wells that's pretty much straight pavement. We were headed south and surrounded by thunderstorms on our way to finish at Antelope Wells. On the way back north the rain caught us and we had some of the deepest water crossings of our whole ride right there on 81.
If you are doing the whole ride there are so many spectacular sections I wouldn't waste time trying to find another 70 miles. But if you do post it up
__________________
Mike S.
'09 Bonneville Black, '05 KLR650, '07 Yam Majesty
AMA MSTA
http://www.reddeliciousband.com

tbirdsp screwed with this post 01-11-2008 at 10:57 PM
tbirdsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014