Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2005, 01:07 PM   #46
nosedive
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
I have found www.motoxotica.com source for answers on the European bikes.

nosedive screwed with this post 12-13-2005 at 01:08 PM Reason: wrong website
nosedive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:20 PM   #47
snoid
100% Okie

Oddometer: 28,152
thanks lr...

i've heard 53hp at the shaft... that's closer to what i'd expect from a single that large(53 at the wheel wouldn't be too many expensive mods off). i know the te410 of recent years was a dog compared to jap bikes of the same size... was hoping husky would GITRDUN this time. looks like they're getting a bit more competitive. but fer 8 large after taxes, i want 250lbs and 55 horses.

still waiting for a better bike than suzi, i rectum,

me

me
snoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:53 PM   #48
ktmnate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,010
oh sheit! I want one. this thread is making me look really hard at this thing. I'm going to have to check it out at the MC show.

Nate
ktmnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:57 PM   #49
dino2000
No Bad Daze

Oddometer: 1,339
They don't make big tanks and all the other little trick bits for these bikes Nate. Quit lustin' after this euro shit and buy a bike you can get on and ride. Have you learned nothing from your little fat friend? BRPBRPBRPBRPBRPBRP
dino2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 02:03 PM   #50
ktmnate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino2000
They don't make big tanks and all the other little trick bits for these bikes Nate. Quit lustin' after this euro shit and buy a bike you can get on and ride. Have you learned nothing from your little fat friend? BRPBRPBRPBRPBRPBRP
hahaha. you know I love the euro shit and I gota keep screwing with them. besides, if you don't think that Husky is sexy you are on drugs. I still like love the BRP but I can't kick for shit. The only thing that gets kicked at my house are the xr50, 70 and my fat ass out of bed.

Nate
ktmnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 02:25 PM   #51
compman21234
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoid
i've already been through the paltry 3 pages of thumpertalk's husky forum. there's maybe two threads on the 610 and zip info.

the other is some stupormoto catchall forum. i don't have the time nor inclination to wade through the shallow, squidly waters there.

wanna try again?

what's different besides the fcrmx carb on the '06 motor?
Go to post #35, and click the link -- when it comes up, click the link in the beginning of THAT post, and you get the Husky site and specs!
2006 KLX250
compman21234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 03:37 PM   #52
Norman Foley
Devotee of the Husqvarna

Oddometer: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rider
I think it's 308.

Norm will know all the engine sht. I think he must sleep wiff the things.
Shit... If only the wife would let me. TE610E was in very mild state of tune, for '06 TE610 they bumped the compression up to 11:1, Keihin pumper carb and new airbox are the main changes, resulting in a 10hp gain. Not much on 610 on Thumper Talk, there is a Yahoo TE610E board, but it's pretty quiet.

Make Haste, Slowly
Norman Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 03:43 PM   #53
snoid
100% Okie

Oddometer: 28,152
yep...

i knew they upped the comp and put the fcrmx on...

53hp at the flywheel makes it what? 48hp at the wheel?

or thereabouts?

me
snoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 03:59 PM   #54
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,427
Go to the Husky website. Read their sales info on the 610. Download manuals and parts lists , but be warned, their server is abysmally slow. Carb is a 41mm FCR, 54 horsepower. 308# dry. Muffler has a catalyst. $7199 MSRP.
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 04:46 PM   #55
CMWoody
Banned

Oddometer: 5,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoid
i've heard 53hp at the shaft... that's closer to what i'd expect from a single that large(53 at the wheel wouldn't be too many expensive mods off). i know the te410 of recent years was a dog compared to jap bikes of the same size... was hoping husky would GITRDUN this time. looks like they're getting a bit more competitive. but fer 8 large after taxes, i want 250lbs and 55 horses.

still waiting for a better bike than suzi, i rectum,

me

me
Check out the discussion at Speedzilla. Its the most informative one out there. One guy there claims he had it dyno tuned professionally and hit 52hp with a Leo Vince pipe, and new jetting. Pretty good power imho. Also, on my SMR610, I was quoted two places $6800 + tax. Its a few hun more than the TE so I'd count on probably spending a grand less if I were you.
CMWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 06:58 PM   #56
BigDogAdventures OP
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,699
Cycra Handguards

I got my Cycra Handguards in yesterday and made quick work of getting them installed. I love the Cycra's--they seem to be the sturdious I've seen. You have the option of mounting the inner part to the handlebar or the upper triple clamp. Either is a snap----but I chose the triple clamp mount as it is the simplest----as sometimes the handlebar mounting can be tedious and tight.

These are called the "Pro-bend" handguards and come with the big plastic guards too. You can even choose the color of the aluminum guard and the plastic wind spoiler. I had these on my DRZ and now on my KTM950 and love them---they have colors to match any bike brand. About $125.

The turn signals and the Cycra inner mount both mount on the upper triple tree clamp--but as you can see they don't interfere with the turn signals at all---you will need longer bolts for the triple trees.

I had some Dakar stickers made a while back from the local sign company and my buddy who is a Poncho Villa Mexico tour guide finally sent me some more stickers after begging for 6 months.

Here you see the 2 SAE electrical connnectors I wired into the electrical system. I tapped into wires going to the ignition key switch---I tapped into one wire that was hot all the time to power my GPS---and tapped into a wire that was only hot when the ignition was on to power my heated grips (hot grip brand).

Here you can see the plug for my heated clothing---I have always used widder heated clothing. On this bike I probably will just run my heated gloves and vest and not try to push it using my heated chaps. I'm guessing that is all the charging system will handle. Yes---I use heated grips and gloves together somtimes---remember---I'm gettin' old.

I thought this might interest you all----Mr. Widder was the first one to market heated clothing---he was in the airforce and when flying in those old planes at altitude they wore a heated 24Volt suit to keep from freezing to death. He brought one home after his tour of duty and plugged it into his ole' Harley----I'm sure that probably didn't work out perfectly--but the idea was born----and as Paul Harvey says----"And now you have, the rest of the story"
KTM 690 Enduro 2014
If your bike weighs more than 400lbs. You might not make it.

BigDogAdventures screwed with this post 12-13-2005 at 07:03 PM
BigDogAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 07:01 PM   #57
Lone Rider

Oddometer: 25,130
Keep it going, Mark.
Lone Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 07:08 PM   #58
BigDogAdventures OP
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,699
what about the ride

Man I hope me and yall' don't have to wait till spring to hear the ride report---I'm gettin' it out this weekend if there is no ice out. I'm gonna run the battery dead or affixiate myself if I keep startin' it in the sickle shed
KTM 690 Enduro 2014
If your bike weighs more than 400lbs. You might not make it.
BigDogAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 07:08 PM   #59
CA Stu
Thanks

Oddometer: 46,381
I rode with a guy on one of those this Sunday. 2006 TE 610. Took him and his new bike for a 106 mile ride, about 1/2 dirt.

I didn't pop the seat to look for sure, but he said that the top of the airbox is open, should be OK for water crossings.

However, on his bike, the prolonged riding at speed made the left rear turn signal get melted off the bike. Literally.

He told me there was a bracket to relocate the turn signal a bit further outboard from the fender (and away from the pipe exit), but he didn't get around to mounting it.

Also said the stock rear Karoo was a piece of crap for the dirt, way too much wheelspin.

Nice bike, overall.

Thanks
CA Stu
Old 12-13-2005, 07:14 PM   #60
Norman Foley
Devotee of the Husqvarna

Oddometer: 278
I can't wait for the next post. Great looking Dakar sticker.

Make Haste, Slowly
Norman Foley is offline   Reply With Quote