Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2005, 06:06 PM   #91
Norman Foley
Devotee of the Husqvarna

Oddometer: 278
Someone over at TT who reads more than us has the answer! I found the same info in my '03 manual.

Re: 2006 TE610 alternator wattage ???

I found in my owners manual on page 132 where it is listed at 240 watts. Hope that helps. Later Shaun

Make Haste, Slowly
Norman Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 06:20 PM   #92
BigDogAdventures OP
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,500
[QUOTE[/IMG]
I found in my owners manual on page 132 where it is listed at 240 watts. Hope that helps. Later Shaun
[/QUOTE]

Great--- I found out---it's not in my manual. I did a trial run monitoring my voltmeter on my GPS--I ran my headlight, heated grips, gloves, vest, and arm chaps and it handled it fine. In fact at just above an idle it held over 14 volts most of the time---------that's proabably the most load I will ever put on it.

Great !! thanks !!!
KTM 690 Enduro 2014
BigDogAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 06:23 PM   #93
dazdconfsd
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogAdventures.com
Great--- I found out---it's not in my manual. I did a trial run monitoring my voltmeter on my GPS--I ran my headlight, heated grips, gloves, vest, and arm chaps and it handled it fine. In fact at just above an idle it held over 14 volts most of the time---------that's proabably the most load I will ever put on it.

Great !! thanks !!!
d/l the 32mb PDF from Husky-usa's site. It's in there.
dazdconfsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 06:41 PM   #94
davorallyfan
Commonist

Oddometer: 15,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazdconfsd
I'm not sure about the other models, but I noticed in the 06 TE610 manual it says to replace the connecting rod every 6200 miles or so. I wonder how they came up with that figure.

Say it isn't so..
davorallyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 06:44 PM   #95
dazdconfsd
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davorallyfan
Quote:
I'm not sure about the other models, but I noticed in the 06 TE610 manual it says to replace the connecting rod every 6200 miles or so. I wonder how they came up with that figure.

Say it isn't so..

That's my reading of the schedule listed on page 70 of the manual. I hope I'm wrong in that
Old 12-20-2005, 06:52 PM   #96
Norman Foley
Devotee of the Husqvarna

Oddometer: 278
Quote:
That's my reading of the schedule listed on page 70 of the manual. I hope I'm wrong in that
I checked it out and it's there, but I wonder if it's a typical bad Husky translation. At the same miles your checking piston/cylinder spec, bt replacing con rod? My '03 doesn't mention it in manual.

Make Haste, Slowly
Norman Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 06:55 PM   #97
CMWoody
Banned

Oddometer: 5,248
Can't be, That'd be retarded. Probably time to do a valve adjustment though.
CMWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 07:09 AM   #98
BigDogAdventures OP
Fart Letter

Connecting Rod

I know one thing----I won't be replacing my connecting rod till it flies thru the crankcases and hits me in the ass

My ole' wore out and beat up KLR won't be able stop from snickering at it if that happens
KTM 690 Enduro 2014

BigDogAdventures screwed with this post 12-21-2005 at 02:31 PM
Old 12-21-2005, 07:30 AM   #99
dazdconfsd
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
I know one thing----I own't be replacing my connecting rod till it flies thru the crankcasess and hits me in the ass

I don't know if I'll want to see that 'ride' report
Old 12-22-2005, 11:04 AM   #100
ghride
Ride on!

Oddometer: 16
few questions and a comment from corbin

First a big thanks to Norman and BigDog for all the excellent info on the TE610. Next a request for more of course, I talked to a previous 2006 610 owner who didnt like the turning radius, he said it was unusually wide and made it difficult to turn the bike around - any comment? He also said he couldnt lift the front wheel, but bigdog already described how to do it so I guess that answers that question. How do you like the mechanical clutch? I am used to hydraulic clutches and in the shop it felt kind of stiff. What does a counter-balancer do anyway?

For the sit-down sect, I called Corbin and asked if they make a seat for the 06 TE-610 and they said they didn't at this time but if you bring your bike to their shop they can make a seat in about 6-7 hours - now thats service. It may not do you easterners much good, at least until a few of us westerners go get one and they make a pattern for it; then it may just be a phone call away, we'll have to see.

ride on
ghride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 12:32 PM   #101
Mudhen
Foul Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,225
I think I'm seeing a need here...a need for a Husky dealership somewhere north of Boston, MA! Although, it sounds like lots of you guys are worse off than 2 hours from your closest dealer.

The last place I called had a baby screaming in the background and the lady told me, 'we don't have bikes in stock...if there's something you want you can give us a deposit and we'll get it in a few days....'

Ya, sure thing.
Mudhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 01:10 PM   #102
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 9,705
Huskys in MA

http://www.wagnerbmwmotorcycles.com/
Wagner BMW in Worcester recenty picked up Duc, Apr, Guzzi and Husqvarna. They split the BMW floor from the Italian brands. Mark Reynolds runs the Ital bikes side. In fact Reynolds races Huskys in Supermoto and GNCC.

They should have their new store opened by now. The BMW side has been open for a year or so.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 09:59 AM   #103
BigDogAdventures OP
Fart Letter

More info after another ride

Got another tank of fuel run thru it--which is lucky this time of year and found out some more interesting things----two very important to me. Fuel capacity 3.5-----not 3.2--not 3.7------------3.5--I drained it and re-filled at the gas station. Secondly--fuel mileage--42mpg running easy back roads on gravel and dirt--little trail riding. This translates to 147 mile range--not enough for the "Big Dog" but will have to do for now.

Made it to the Boyd store---------it's been in business for "Mite Ner a Hunert Years"------but alas has been closed for "Mite Ner a Year"---------no coffee--and certainly no "PIE".

Someone ask about the turning radius-------yes it is too short----you can't do anything about it as it's not adjustable and is about hitting the tank already.

Wheelies---it's not a wheely machine really--I'm am certainly not a wheelie rider---but it will lift it enough running fast to get here over a deep pot hole.

Clutch-----yes it's not hydraulic---wish it was---I don't use it much--but if you get into a bunch of clutch work in tight stuff it wears my hand out.

Suspension-------Travis Prastrana would love it----"Big Dog" had to lower the compression levels somewhat---I'm sure there is more adjustment there if I need it.

Tires-----either
1. I am too old to ride a dirt bike anymore
2. The tires really suck--bad.
3. Or---I'm hoping it is just the frozen ground that has thawed on top---yeh that sounds good, lets go with that---it was scary--never dropped it yet tho.

Changed the oil-----put in Castrol 20W-50 syn-tec. Replaced the oil filter and cleaned one of the infamous "where are they" "Bag Filters" which are nothing more than a cylindrical screen. One is in the clutch cover----I ain't cleaning it----yet.

Adjusted the valves-------.002" is the spec. (all 4)---I've adjusted the valves on every kind of bike coming and going and never remember an adjustment that close. I found them to all be about .004" and pondered leaving them there---but adjusted them to .003"-------just because

They are threaded adjuster and I popped that tank knowing I'd be done in 10 minutes. The rear one was very accessible and easy----the front one was--------well let me put it this way---I went to my buddies house, removed the front head off his Ducati---adjusted his desmodronic valves--put the head back on--------just to wind down !!!!!!!

Seriously--I thought I was going to have to take the motor out----but after a pill I finally got thru it with pulling the radiators out of the way and removing the coolant overflow tank. It'll be fine the next time--I'll know what to do---I did spend a lot of time just staring at it----and scratching my head. Well that's done----I won't go there for another 4 or 5 thousand miles---just because

I had a riot on it---and when I wasn't on that icy mud I was having a ball. And I was still pulling over 14volts all day running all my heated stuff. I'm still a happy camper.
KTM 690 Enduro 2014

BigDogAdventures screwed with this post 12-26-2005 at 10:05 AM
Old 12-28-2005, 05:43 AM   #104
BigDogAdventures OP
Fart Letter

tires---don't suck

I've got to take back what I said about the tires-----I finally got to ride it where the ground wasn't half frozen as it almost got to 60 on this ride. They don't suck----I'm really happy witht the front Karoo as it's the same tire on my 950 and will wear very well. I think I got 4,000 miles out of the last front on my 950--that's great for my dirt oriented Husky.

The rear works great on and offroad but is wearing very fast----I'll probably try something else---maybe a Maxxis.

I am really getting intimate with this motor---don't tell my wife I said that !! It is just so smooth and predictable. I would have bought a KTM 640 Adventure a long time ago if it had this motor in it. The motor is just flawless.

On the road-----push the big red "Motard" button and it instantly transform into the ulitmate curvy road burner. (Whoops that was the kill switch)

I got 42mpg again. I guess I've said most everything about the bikes perfomance---in the not too distant future I'm going to make some small racks to mount "Dirt Bagz". And if a bigger tank comes along it will go on---then I'll have it where I want it.
KTM 690 Enduro 2014
Old 12-28-2005, 02:07 PM   #105
2whlrcr
gooligan

Oddometer: 4,960
Quote:

I got 42mpg again. I guess I've said most everything about the bikes perfomance---in the not too distant future I'm going to make some small racks to mount "Dirt Bagz".
Any word on the panniers available from Husky?
2whlrcr is offline   Reply With Quote