ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Rockies
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-21-2006, 07:39 PM   #16
wadventure OP
Mellow Adventurer

Oddometer: 221
I was third or fourth person who got the PB50. Where ithe pin proudly on my KTM hat. I started bagging on the RT, then finished off the 50 on the 640. At the moment I have 63+ passes and plan to keep going. Sometime I will get them on smugmug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSNRG
I definitely plan to get to Passes further West this Summer.

However, I will be cheating. We plan to ride the off-road bikes for most of them. Everything in this file was accomplished with the R 1200 GS. These are not plotted based on the software, they were recorded when I took the pictures to document my quest for 50.

Soon as the weather allows I will accomplish my goal. Anybody else out there with the Pass Bagger 50 award? You do not have to ride a BMW to be recognized by the Colorado Beemers, but you do have to be a member and register for the perpetual award.

If you use this file, please PM me and let me know. This is my first post of a .gpx file. If the gurus here have any tips or criticism, please share.

This will be updated when I locate the rest of the passes listed. I should have tracks for most of these passes. Would those be useful?
wadventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 06:19 AM   #17
Metron
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Thumb Colorado Passes

Thanks for the pass coordinates. I'll be in Lakewood next Sat. to do the 100000 ft Rally with the Colorado Beemers. With these waypoints it will be less of a mystery tour. They loaded in my 2610 beautifully. Thanks again.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:04 AM   #18
BishopRL
Pass Bagger

Oddometer: 84
Pass Bagger 50

Good info, thanks. For more information about Colorado mountain passes and the BMW Motorcycle Club of Colorado (www.coloradobeemers.com) Pass Bagger 50 check www.concours.org/co/rtd_pass_bagger.htm . I put a list of good books at the bottom of that page that should help you find the passes around the state. Sometime this week I will also have a spreadsheet placed there too that combines information gathered from Helmuth's "The Passes of Colorado, An Encyclopedia of Watershed Divides" (a book I very highly recommend, available at Amazon.com), the http://www.coloradopilots.org/ web site, and personal observations. The speadsheet lists 530 passes and gaps, a surprisingly large number at first, but very understandable when considering all the mountainous terrain in the great state of Colorado.
BishopRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:51 AM   #19
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,418
BishopRL

Great websites! Thanks.
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 04:29 AM   #20
Mac
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,091
Google Earth

Using these and other sources, I've made a Google Earth Map. Posted over in the Regional - Rockies forum. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191772

Member: NRA, AMA, TPA, MSF RC
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:32 AM   #21
Mac
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,091
196 Passes

196 Colorado Passes - Garmin GDB file.

Also, the Google Earth version available in this thread.
Member: NRA, AMA, TPA, MSF RC

Mac screwed with this post 06-22-2008 at 06:56 PM
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:46 AM   #22
D-Mann
n00b

Oddometer: 2
I've done all the paved passes over 10,000 ft in Colorado on my BMW 1100 LT and a few of the over 10,000 dirt passes on my XR-650. So far I have not had a problem with any of them. However some of them are so far out of the way that it can take two days of ridding to get there and back. I think Trail Ridge, Independence, Cameron and Red Mountain are the best for spactacular scenery. If you get a chance to do Bear tooth in Montana I highly recommend it. It is probably the most scenic of all the passes I've been on.
D-Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 09:30 PM   #23
munchmeister
Grow'd Up Mini Trail

Oddometer: 1,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Mann
If you get a chance to do Bear tooth in Montana I highly recommend it. It is probably the most scenic of all the passes I've been on.
+1 on the Beartooth Highway. I think the pass is actually in Wyoming, but the top is right at the border. Great views. I did that route on my summer 06 ride to Banff, Canada.

I just signed up for the PB50 and plan to include the photos I have of my first ever pass which was Engineer Pass on the F650GS before I knew anything about riding dirt. 12,800 feet. Just about killed me. Howzat for breaking in a n00b. Of course, I had to get over McClure before getting to Engineer but that was cake (except for the rocks which are always falling on the highway. ). I was just working on my photos, here's a the shot at Engineer.