Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #2386
Holeshot08
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasttrak View Post
Elk Grove Motorsports got them in stock yesterday. Kind of a multi-sport location with watercraft and such. Still debating as I can't make up my mind on these two bikes..

K.B.
I test rode the Explorer and my Brother has the Teneree...I have a new NTX and it is the complete package! You won't be disappointed.
Holeshot08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:29 PM   #2387
motogrizzo
Adventurererer

Oddometer: 15
I Picked up MY NEW NTX Yesterday!!!

I picked up my burnt Orange NTX yesterday!!!

Wow, this is a substantial machine! This is my first Guzzi and the engine is a different experience for me. I'm used to a Japanese 4 and my boxer. The Guzzi engine packs a punch, it feels like it could pull stumps.

I've only been able to ride it about 100 miles, so I'll have a better first impression report soon. I'm getting used to the characteristics of the Guzzi engine. The riding position is the most comfortable on any bike I've ever ridden.

I will say, it feels heavy, especially with the tank full. It's probably lighter than my Connie was, but being much higher, it's a little more awkward to move around and I think that makes it "feel" heavy. I'm not complaining, just an observation.

It is higher but it inspires confidence. I'm short at 5'6" and I feel more confident on the NTX than I did on my Connie; I can't explain it. The ergonomics and the shape of the seat have a lot to do with it, I think.

Tomorrow is ride to work day, perfect timing!

I'll post pics and have more to report soon!
motogrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:39 PM   #2388
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 14,825
Picked the bike up from the dealer on Friday afternoon after it's first service - rode back down to Parker and let it cool (barely) enough to fit the Mistral before riding down to New Mexico for the weekend.

Pipe without the db killer was a little loud for my tastes from the rider's point of view sitting on the bike, riding it... but when my buddy rode it, I was surprised how much mellower it sounded from a non-rider standpoint as he rode off.
It sounded good, but had a bit of that 'Harley blatt' to the exhaust note, so when I got home this afternoon I put the db killer in.

Lots of good about the bike on a long road trip, and long distance comfort is excellent. Range is phenomenal, and it's comfortable enough to stay on for a tankful.

IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:15 PM   #2389
Fasttrak
Captain Crash

Oddometer: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakebird View Post
Picked the bike up from the dealer on Friday afternoon after it's first service - rode back down to Parker and let it cool (barely) enough to fit the Mistral before riding down to New Mexico for the weekend.

Pipe without the db killer was a little loud for my tastes from the rider's point of view sitting on the bike, riding it... but when my buddy rode it, I was surprised how much mellower it sounded from a non-rider standpoint as he rode off.
It sounded good, but had a bit of that 'Harley blatt' to the exhaust note, so when I got home this afternoon I put the db killer in.

Lots of good about the bike on a long road trip, and long distance comfort is excellent. Range is phenomenal, and it's comfortable enough to stay on for a tankful.

That pipe really finishes up the back end of the bike nicely. Much better looking than the stock dual output contraption Moto Guzzi was forced to use to get past CARB. I would love to hear a sound clip of that setup you have, I bet is purrs along real nice.

K.B.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:16 AM   #2390
Chuck in Indiana
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
Blake,

What make tankbag is that? It looks like it's quite large and fits the contour of the fuel tank pretty well. Does it seem to stay in place pretty well? Thanks.
Chuck in Indiana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:45 AM   #2391
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck in Indiana View Post
Blake,

What make tankbag is that? It looks like it's quite large and fits the contour of the fuel tank pretty well. Does it seem to stay in place pretty well? Thanks.
It's a Wolfman Rainier, fits the bike very well.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:26 AM   #2392
boxermoose
Now fully goosed

Oddometer: 2,820
Blakebird,

That can looks good - I've been eyeballing the stainless Mistral

How many miles you getting before the fuel light comes on? - I get about 250 miles for a 6.5 gallon fill right now (manual sez 1.8 gallon reserve so this is OK). I'm at sea level using mid-grade in 90deg temps

Got my bike back Saturday from run-in mantance and runs much better - way better when chasing a T-storm when the temps dropped to the mid-70's
Old 06-18-2012, 08:07 AM   #2393
Ragin Rabbi
Semper Fidelis

Oddometer: 4,649
Quote:
It's a Wolfman Rainier, fits the bike very well.
What tires are those? Do you think they could be a high mileage tire? For a heavy bike I mean... Congrats, beautiful machine!

It takes a village to raise a child.

Go You Spurs!!
Ragin Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:27 AM   #2394
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 2,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck in Indiana View Post

I'll look around for ways to reduce the weight so it's easier for me to handle, but, for my heavily loaded, long distance touring and camping trip needs, it's a very solid piece of equipment. I don't think I have to worry about it falling apart on me on the road.

Ride safe.
Chuck,

-exhaust
-center stand
-battery
-rear shelf

If you want to get a chuckle as to how overbuilt they are, remove the pilot's seat and report back.
oalvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:07 AM   #2395
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxermoose View Post
Blakebird,
How many miles you getting before the fuel light comes on? - I get about 250 miles for a 6.5 gallon fill right now (manual sez 1.8 gallon reserve so this is OK). I'm at sea level using mid-grade in 90deg temps
I don't know yet

I filled up at 256 miles yesterday and it took 5.7 gallons.

Using premium and temps yesterday ranging from 85F to 100F
Old 06-18-2012, 09:11 AM   #2396
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Rabbi View Post
What tires are those? Do you think they could be a high mileage tire?
do a search on the Heidenau K60 Scout.

what I'm reading here says the Scout doesn't work as well offroad as the "original" K60. The Scout in 150/70-17 for our bikes has a continuous-tread center section instead of tread blocks. I've read they're very long lasting tires, especially compared to TKC's. I'll know in a few thousand miles

They work very well on the road, btw.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #2397
03x2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by deWog View Post

1) It's heavy. Really.......really......heavy.

Put mine on the truck scale yesterday....650lbs. Now back to living in denial. It's a light 650lbs!
03x2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #2398
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03x2 View Post
Put mine on the truck scale yesterday....650lbs. Now back to living in denial. It's a light 650lbs!
Can you give us the details? Full tank? Panniers? Top box?

Thanks!

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:07 PM   #2399
Holeshot08
Adventurer

Quote:

Looks great, and I really like the tires! Was the Cat converter in the stock exaust? Did you do anything with the air filter?
Thanks for sharing
Old 06-18-2012, 06:14 PM   #2400
Holeshot08
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03x2 View Post
I am going backwards then, I have added all these parts to mine already...

http://www.mgcycle.com/product_info....oducts_id=3020

http://www.mgcycle.com/product_info....oducts_id=3100

CENTERSTAND PROTECTION PLATE FOR STELVIO
[PART NUMBER: MG178]

Glide plate for centerstand protection from Stucchi Luigi. Laser cut, 2mm thick, stainless steel protects centerstand from damage, helps centerstand to slide over obstructions without hanging up. Mounting bracket includes rubber anti-vibration pads. Designed in Italy, made in Italy

oil cooler protection cover for Stelvio, 1 series

carbon fiber hugger mudguard for Stelvio by Stucchi Luigi

It is a full load now