Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2012, 03:37 AM   #3061
Chuck in Indiana
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by swmckinley View Post
... I hope to see an improvement in gas mileage on the long road as now I am getting high 30's in town.
My mileage certainly depends on the speed I'm running but I've been averaging 40+ MPG on my touring trips. However, I don't have the wide open spaces you do, so my speeds tend to be <75MPH or so.
Chuck in Indiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:56 AM   #3062
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 15,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck in Indiana View Post
My mileage certainly depends on the speed I'm running but I've been averaging 40+ MPG on my touring trips.
I've been averaging 40-43mpg pretty steadily.
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #3063
dirtymartini
Shaken, Not Stirred

Oddometer: 2,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakebird View Post
I've been averaging 40-43mpg pretty steadily.

That's what my instrument panel says but my actual mileage ia a little lower.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington
dirtymartini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #3064
Ham
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 274

And you thought while you were at work it was in your garage! Bahaaa....
Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #3065
dirtymartini
Shaken, Not Stirred

Oddometer: 2,569
Mistral

I just ordered a Mistral Carbon Fiber exhaust from MG Cycle...I can't wait to sweeten the sound!
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington
dirtymartini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #3066
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 15,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtymartini View Post
That's what my instrument panel says but my actual mileage ia a little lower.
The computer always reads a little higher....I always calculate my mileage though, I don't depend on the computer for that.
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:40 PM   #3067
mountainmeterman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Ooooooh.

I stopped at Moto Int'l today in Seattle and sat on their 2012 NTX. Tony was gracious towards me even though I informed him that I was not a sales potential for them today. To me, the NTX is much more visually stunning in person. That artfully sculpted tank covered in that burnt orange paint, ooooh. The best part is that I found that my knees did not contact the heads when scooted back properly. I guess that when I previously sat on a 2009 I must have been scooted up to the tank. I do believe that a used 2012 NTX is in my future in two to three years from now. Until then I will ride my modest vstrom and live vicariously through you (more impulsive ) guys.
mountainmeterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:03 AM   #3068
Chuck in Indiana
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmeterman View Post
..., the NTX is much more visually stunning in person. That artfully sculpted tank covered in that burnt orange paint, ooooh. The best part is that I found that my knees did not contact the heads when scooted back properly. I guess that when I previously sat on a 2009 I must have been scooted up to the tank. I do believe that a used 2012 NTX is in my future in two to three years from now. Until then I will ride my modest vstrom and live vicariously through you (more impulsive ) guys.
MM,

You're right -- the Orange is really cool! Also, my knees are well back from the heads, no contact at all. I'm 5'10" and tend to ride all the way back on the front seat, with my rear against the front edge of the passenger's seat.

I'm not really so impulsive, although my wife might disagree. I've been interested in Guzzi bikes for the last 7-8 years and decided I wanted to ride one at some time in my (riding) life. The AdvTouring NTX was the closest comparison to my Wee-Strom as I had it set up.

Ride safe.
Chuck in Indiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:34 AM   #3069
pyoungbl
Colonel Blood

Oddometer: 396
Kirb, pls contact me via email....I want to finalize purchase of that ss rack but the links don't seem to work on www.wildguzzi.com. My email is pyoungbl at aol dot com. I should be home from my trip late today (Thurs) or tomorrow.

Tks
Pyoungbl

Oh, also tried PM here but no joy.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:20 AM   #3070
StelvioGT
Ride!

Oddometer: 179
WildGuzzi

WildGuzzi is down but they are working on it. Its been down two weeks and might be two weeks more before they can fix it.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:34 AM   #3071
kirb
should be out riding

Oddometer: 1,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
Kirb, pls contact me via email
I sent you an email. Payment details there. I was holding your rack until WG was back up.

WG is down it seems maybe until tomorrow if you caught the note from the admin when trying to log on. Depends on host migration, but it should be back soon.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:46 PM   #3072
James Adams
Not a Texan

Oddometer: 8,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirb View Post
The crap pic, now below. is 12ga stainless. I did one for my KTM in AL and powder coated it in the garage. It's OK, but the stainless looks cool and will stay looking good for some time. I'll get it mounted and take a few more pics.

Cost in stainless would be $100 cut and bent like you see here. Not sure on AL, but assume $10 or $20 cheaper.

I just got mine in the mail today (in stainless). It's quite substantial and it looks great.
James Adams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #3073
kirb
should be out riding

Oddometer: 1,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Adams View Post

I just got mine in the mail today (in stainless). It's quite substantial and it looks great.
Sweet, hope you like it.

Take off Guzzi plastic cover (4 self-tap screws), put black nylon washers between rack and bike, button head screws from top, put flat washers and nylocks on the bottom. Take pic!
Old 09-27-2012, 03:41 PM   #3074
NoobIAm
Far, far from the Garden.

Oddometer: 2,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Adams View Post

It looks cool… but something caught my eye…. if the edges/corners of the cuts aren't radiused (cuts left as raw 90 degrees), won't that be destructive to luggage and strap fabrics? Might need to be touched up with a Dremel.
NoobIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #3075
James Adams
Not a Texan

Oddometer: 8,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobIAm View Post
It looks cool… but something caught my eye…. if the edges/corners of the cuts aren't radiused (cuts left as raw 90 degrees), won't that be destructive to luggage and strap fabrics? Might need to be touched up with a Dremel.
You're correct, it wouldn't hurt to file or dremel some radius into a few places, but for the most part it's great as-is.
James Adams is online now   Reply With Quote