Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #3691
stevie88
That's gotta hurt

Oddometer: 17,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demar39 View Post
I ordered my Euro turn signals and mirrors from RPM Cycle in Texas. I have not installed mine yet. Lindsay, the parts manager is very helpful. Others have ordered from MPH Cycles also in Texas. I thought it funny that they are RPM and MPH cycles.... maybe brothers or something like that.

This is what I was told when I asked RPM about the "kit" ...

"They don't make a kit but they do sell the bikes that way overseas so I can get the stock turn signals and mirrors that come on that version. I don't have them here but I can order them. For both mirrors and turn signals it would be $123.04. I would need 1/2 the money down to special order them. Just let me know if thats what you want to do. Thanks!

Lindsay Carpenter
Parts manager
RPM Cycle
972-620-3883 Store
972-620-3918 Fax
www.rpmcycletx.com "
Lindsay is top notch in every way.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:59 PM   #3692
Demar39
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Yesterday I ordered my heated grips from Lindsay. Looks like I'll be doing the grips and euro turn signals/mirrors at the same time.
Demar39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:42 AM   #3693
pyoungbl
Colonel Blood

Oddometer: 396
Quote:
Yesterday I ordered my heated grips from Lindsay. Looks like I'll be doing the grips and euro turn signals/mirrors at the same time.
In order to avoid surprises make sure you take a look at the installation write-up over at wildgoose. There is some drilling to be done for the grips as well as finding the wiring harness leads. For the turn signals you will need to figure out how you are going to replace the OEM one time use clips. Neither installation is that difficult.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:25 PM   #3694
Demar39
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
In order to avoid surprises make sure you take a look at the installation write-up over at wildgoose. There is some drilling to be done for the grips as well as finding the wiring harness leads. For the turn signals you will need to figure out how you are going to replace the OEM one time use clips. Neither installation is that difficult.
Thanks for the Wildgoose tip. I already have the 5mm push on clips ordered from McMaster Carr.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:03 PM   #3695
Demar39
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
In order to avoid surprises make sure you take a look at the installation write-up over at wildgoose.
I just printed your write-up on grip install from Wildgoose. Thanks very much for doing that - nice write-up.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #3696
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,918
Quote:
I just printed your write-up on grip install from Wildgoose. Thanks very much for doing that - nice write-up.
+1

Thanks Peter.

I got my grips yesterday from Todd at MPH and just finished installing them. Even with the reinstall of my Kaoko throttle lock, it was a pretty straightforward job thanks to your tutorial.

One comment. You indicated that you cut your left grip off. If anyone wants to keep their grip, it will slide right off if you shove a flat-blade screwdriver between the grip and the bar (it goes under there pretty easily) and then spray some WD40 along the shaft of the screwdriver. Wiggle the grip just a bit to distribute the lube and it slides right off, easy peasy.

Looking forward to being able to feel my fingers after my commute to work tomorrow. It's supposed to be in the 30's again in the morning, and according to my wind chill chart, 30 deg at 70mph = -9. Brrrrrrrr.

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:48 AM   #3697
hngngnthr
Geriatric degenerate

Oddometer: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
+1

Thanks Peter.

I got my grips yesterday from Todd at MPH and just finished installing them. Even with the reinstall of my Kaoko throttle lock, it was a pretty straightforward job thanks to your tutorial.

One comment. You indicated that you cut your left grip off. If anyone wants to keep their grip, it will slide right off if you shove a flat-blade screwdriver between the grip and the bar (it goes under there pretty easily) and then spray some WD40 along the shaft of the screwdriver. Wiggle the grip just a bit to distribute the lube and it slides right off, easy peasy.

Looking forward to being able to feel my fingers after my commute to work tomorrow. It's supposed to be in the 30's again in the morning, and according to my wind chill chart, 30 deg at 70mph = -9. Brrrrrrrr.

-SM
That's when you snuggle your knees up closer to the warm jug heads.

I seem to recall that rubbing alcohol also makes a good lube for removing or installing grips.
hngngnthr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:59 AM   #3698
Mr Grumpy
Old Git.

Oddometer: 102
Can anybody tell me if there's a freely available diagnostic/tuning program for Guzzis, such as like ECMspy is for Buells?

Not screaming in terror, like his passengers!
Mr Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:57 AM   #3699
kirb
should be out riding

Oddometer: 1,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Grumpy View Post
Can anybody tell me if there's a freely available diagnostic/tuning program for Guzzis, such as like ECMspy is for Buells?
I used 'ducati diag' to talk to the griso and set the TPS.

There is also software by techno-research that will do all that in English.

Map tuning is slightly more complex.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #3700
WitchCityBallabio
Guzzi weirdo

Oddometer: 732
Quote:
Go over to Guzzitech and order the VDST. I got one that takes care of my Stelvio and the wife's Griso SE.
1966 Moto Guzzi Stornello
IBA # 35648
WitchCityBallabio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #3701
kirb
should be out riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitchCityBallabio View Post
Go over to Guzzitech and order the VDST. I got one that takes care of my Stelvio and the wife's Griso SE.
VDST has been replaced by Centurion, but basicly does the same thing. Both were done by Techo-research
Question for Centurion owners...does the software let you tweek the idle speed?

This will let you see parameters and reset the TPS, but will NOT let you re-map the fueling. Just be aware of that if your intention is to tune the EFI.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:56 AM   #3702
pyoungbl
Colonel Blood

If you are considering changing the mapping you need to look at Rexxer http://www.rexxer.com/ . You will spend more money but have the ability to manipulate the ECU. The unit comes with a new flash for your ECU. You can keep your original flash so if you ever want to go back to stock that is an option. Rexxer will let you richen up the entire map by, say, 10%...15%...20% or just modify specific parts of the map. In addition you can do things like delete the O2 sensors. Contact Rexxer for more details, I'm not affiliated in any way.

Peter Y.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #3703
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,918
Quote:
To answer your question, no, there isn't.

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #3704
kirb
should be out riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
To answer your question, no, there isn't.
-SM
Well, Ducati Diag lets you look and reset the TPS for free. They also have a map uploading feature that does cost a little, but I never had a warm-fuzzy that it was going to work for me. I had a hard time downloading the existing map.

Interesting link to rexxer.com...Techoresearch has a similar product- rexXer that looks identical, but they don't offer the 'pro' version. I could never get a straight answer from TR about the product. It sounded like you had TR make a map for you based on your bike mods, they sent the product to you, you swapped maps with the RexXer device. You couldn't use the device on more than one bike and they had to make the map for you. The rexxer link describes a little more flexibility. Cost from rexxer or TR seem to be the same. TR re-selling?

Says something about custom dash displays. Get rid of annoying serif from Guzzi number font?

http://www.technoresearch.com
http://www.rexxer.com/
Old 01-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #3705
pyoungbl
Colonel Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirb View Post
Interesting link to rexxer.com...Techoresearch has a similar product- rexXer that looks identical, but they don't offer the 'pro' version. I could never get a straight answer from TR about the product. It sounded like you had TR make a map for you based on your bike mods, they sent the product to you, you swapped maps with the RexXer device. You couldn't use the device on more than one bike and they had to make the map for you. The rexxer link describes a little more flexibility. Cost from rexxer or TR seem to be the same. TR re-selling?

Says something about custom dash displays. Get rid of annoying serif from Guzzi number font?

http://www.technoresearch.com
http://www.rexxer.com/
The Rexxer product comes from Italy and is not connected with TR. The TR VDST that I had for my Ducati would give me lots of information about the engine, allow TPS re-set, show error codes, and turn off the service reminder. There was no way to mess with the mapping of the ECU. I could use the VDST on any bike with that ECU (never did try it on another bike). It seemed that the cost was about $250. Maybe they offer a more comprehensive product now. The Rexxer folks have made up custom maps for lots of bikes and ECUs. Their unit will ship with a custom map for your bike. You can manipulate that map.

Oddly enough, I happened to meet the guy who is Rexxer. Originally he developed Rexxer while living in Germany but has since moved to Italy. He was visiting the US a couple weeks ago and we met at Redline where he was meeting with Dave Lillard. Redline is the US distributor for Rexxer.

Once again, I'm not connected with Rexxer or Redline.

Peter Y.