Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 06:22 AM   #4441
llamapacker
Mr. Conservative

Oddometer: 1,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudhopper View Post
I can get into the menu alright, but i cant find the setting for the speedometer.
Another quote I left out at the first of his post:
"it is in the menu where you set the clock, select C or F, Mph or KPH."
Old 03-28-2013, 09:46 AM   #4442
ripngrip
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudhopper View Post
I can get into the menu alright, but i cant find the setting for the speedometer.
On my 2009, I can change C to F temperature, but for KPH to MPH, I need to enter the dealer code/service code (which I don't have on me, have it at home, sure someone here knows it, or link to where to find it). After entering that code, you can then get into menu's that allow you reset service warnings, etc. and for some strange reason, miles to kms is in that menu.

I expect to get quite familiar with it, riding both Canada and USA on a regular basis (live in BC, majority of riding done in WA and OR). Would be nice to just hold down a button for 2 secs to switch, like my many Japanese bikes (but that is part of the character right ;) )

When I'm at home I'll check the code for you, if no one else has it, sends to you.
ripngrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:07 PM   #4443
pyoungbl
Colonel Blood

Oddometer: 374
Service code or a 2012 NTX is 10695. Try that.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #4444
Ham
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
As you might know I put the medium CalSci screen on and love it. The OE was "okay" but directed the air into the top of my helmet and created quite a bit of noise.

I am 6' and 32 inch inseam. Now at the high setting I am completely good, and at the low setting I get just enough air. At the high setting I do look some through the shield pending on my position on the seat. At the low setting all clear.

I never did get as good a setup on my Dakar even with my 21" Cbailey.
Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:05 AM   #4445
Cloudhopper
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Thank, the setting hid itself indeed in the service submenu and the code worked.

Brilliant! :)
Cloudhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:20 PM   #4446
Mr. B
Contrarian

Oddometer: 1,786
Snow Melting

It hit 50 degrees today. Last night a thunderstorm washed away the salt and most of the sand from the roads, so I got out for my first ride of the season. Hopefully the snow will be gone this week!

Mr. B screwed with this post 03-30-2013 at 05:50 PM
Mr. B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #4447
MotoG5
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Found and Fixed the Buzzzzz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoG5 View Post
I am about to get shut down for a week or so with another winter strom system so I rode the Stelvio today. 19 degrees F but shoud be up to 39 by afternoon for the ride home. At any rate the usual buzz/rattle that shows up between 3200 and 4000 rpm was really loud this morning. I could hear it over the wind noise and such. Any one ever figure out what the sorce for this is? I know my engine does not do it when not in gear and going down the road. So I assume its some kind of sympithetic vibe with other parts of the bike at that point int he rev range under operation. I am hoping that it gets better after doing the up coming TB balance and TPS reset. Any way just wonder what others are experiencing or thinking about the issue.
Big thanks guys. The weather finally let up and I was able to check out some of the suggestions listed. Turned out to be the left side hand guard vibrating against the clutch master cylinder. Small piece of old inner tube and buzz no more. I just love the sound of a Stelvio in the morning.
MotoG5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:52 PM   #4448
dirtymartini
Shaken, Not Stirred

Oddometer: 2,554
Todd's ECU reflash

We finally had a decent weather day today and had a chance to test out my GuzziTech ECU reflash. I went out for a ride (about 50 miles) and averaged around 46mpg. No surging, smoother idle and better fueling all around....Thanks Todd!
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington
dirtymartini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:37 PM   #4449
boxermoose
Now fully goosed

Oddometer: 2,823
Nice 630mile ride today - 13400mile total and it runs better every time I tale it out

Stock front tire is pretty cupped but I'm going to see if it can last out the rear that I replaced at 7k miles

Thinking PR3 trails next - really mostly a road or gravel bike for me

boxermoose screwed with this post 03-31-2013 at 06:57 AM
boxermoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:58 PM   #4450
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtymartini View Post
We finally had a decent weather day today and had a chance to test out my GuzziTech ECU reflash. I went out for a ride (about 50 miles) and averaged around 46mpg. No surging, smoother idle and better fueling all around....Thanks Todd!
Thanks for that info.

Did you just have the EDU reflashed or did you go for other bits like the PC-V, etc? Also, is your bike stock or do you have an aftermarket exhaust?

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:24 AM   #4451
dirtymartini
Shaken, Not Stirred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
Thanks for that info.

Did you just have the EDU reflashed or did you go for other bits like the PC-V, etc? Also, is your bike stock or do you have an aftermarket exhaust?

-SM
Just the re-flash. I have a Mistral CF exhaust...as the only mod. It's just a tiny bit louder than I would like sometimes but it sure is a sweet sound!
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington
Old 03-31-2013, 06:57 AM   #4452
boxermoose
Now fully goosed

Oddometer: 2,823
Quote:
Just the re-flash. I have a Mistral CF exhaust...as the only mod. It's just a tiny bit louder than I would like sometimes but it sure is a sweet sound!
Sorry if this has already been answered - but did your MPG suffer with this combo?
Old 03-31-2013, 07:14 AM   #4453
dirtymartini
Shaken, Not Stirred

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxermoose View Post
Sorry if this has already been answered - but did your MPG suffer with this combo?
I posted my new MPG a few posts up...it actually increased On my 50 mile loop I averaged 46 MPG. I was hesitant at first to spend $500 but it was well worth it. Nor surging or hunting in that 3,500 RPM range, smoother idle.
I'm very pleased with it.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:21 AM   #4454
GT-Rx
Guzzi freak

Oddometer: 54
Quote:
We finally had a decent weather day today and had a chance to test out my GuzziTech ECU reflash. I went out for a ride (about 50 miles) and averaged around 46mpg. No surging, smoother idle and better fueling all around....Thanks Todd! On my 50 mile loop I averaged 46 MPG. I was hesitant at first to spend $500 but it was well worth it. Nor surging or hunting in that 3,500 RPM range, smoother idle. I'm very pleased with it.
Excellent, my pleasure and in line with most all of the others. The benefits of proper fueling... surge-free throttle response, more power at lower RPMs and much cooler running. As outlined on the 9+ pages on my Forum, generally most find that the MPGs go up, that is after one stops enjoying all the new found power from twisting the fun grip.

GT-Rx screwed with this post 03-31-2013 at 09:32 AM
GT-Rx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:53 AM   #4455
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,883
Quote:
Thanks Dirty, much appreciated.

Did you do the send in and wait, or the swap deal? Seems Todd makes it pretty easy, and kudos to him for "sticking with it" and getting the PC-V setup into production too. I know it was painful, but the Guzzi community is better off as a result. Good on ya Todd.

Todd, one thing I didn't see on your site (likely just missed it), but I'll ask here so others on this thread can benefit from the info: If someone does the reflash with the stock exhaust and then later buys an aftermarket exhaust (say within 1 year), will you reflash for the new exhaust for shipping fees or similar, or is it another $500 reflash?

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote