User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2006, 06:24 PM   #1
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,588
Cabo San Lucas motorcycle rental?

Hi Guys and Gals, wasn't sure where to post this but here goes. My fiance and myself are headed to Cabo San Lucas April 9 for a week for our honeymoon. I already warned Jen that I am literally going to be FORCED to ride a bike at LEAST once while we're there. I won't even be picky. I'll ride a street bike, although I'd rather try finding a Dual Sport. I don't want to ride in one of the 4 day tours...which is all I can find info on. Where can I just rent a bike, or go on a one day guided tour?

Other tips for this trip? Gonna be staying in a condo of a friend of my Dad's...right next door to Sammy Hagar! Gonna be a blast.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 06:58 PM   #2
Dirtysouth
Stud fee waived for noobs

Oddometer: 4,857
Oooohh, can I go? I'll sleep out on the balcony.
Dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:18 PM   #3
CA_Strom
Cunning Linguist

Oddometer: 2,103
Quads

I was in Cabo on Thanksgiving on a cruise. They rent quads that are street legal! They had a bunch right at the port with turn signals and really cheesy horse riding type helmets. You'd have to be crazy to ride a quad in that city. I did not see any MC rentals, but I'm sure they exist.
CA_Strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:13 AM   #4
westnash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,244
I think there is a Harley dealer there who might rent.
westnash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 01:35 PM   #5
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtysouth
Oooohh, can I go? I'll sleep out on the balcony.
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csr67
I was in Cabo on Thanksgiving on a cruise. They rent quads that are street legal! They had a bunch right at the port with turn signals and really cheesy horse riding type helmets. You'd have to be crazy to ride a quad in that city. I did not see any MC rentals, but I'm sure they exist.
That would be interesting to say the least!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westnash
Sounds like the most likely bet...
Old 01-11-2006, 03:19 PM   #6
Dirtysouth
Stud fee waived for noobs

Oddometer: 4,857
Flux, it has been my experience with my limited travels that those cities are way too congested and without traffic laws as we know them. The safest thing is to stay on 2 feet versus 2 wheels but I am sure if you insist, it's promising that they will have scooter rentals. Whatever you do, be careful and have fun.
Dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 03:35 PM   #7
MysteryRider
Laughing at danger

Oddometer: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by westnash
I can confirm that.
The owners name is David. (sorry I can't remember his last name)
I know him from a couple of HD rallys. Told me he does a lot of rentals there.
Rides a Roadglide. The only other one I have seen in Mexico apart from mine.

Ride Safe,
Vettster
MysteryRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 05:20 PM   #8
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettster
I can confirm that.
The owners name is David. (sorry I can't remember his last name)
I know him from a couple of HD rallys. Told me he does a lot of rentals there.
Rides a Roadglide. The only other one I have seen in Mexico apart from mine.

Ride Safe,
Vettster
Any idea if anyone rents out dualsports, too? I know the roads can be dangerous (freakin' Cozumel was insane!) and I was planning on sticking to some back roads around town. Is travel safe down there (as far as being robbed, etc) or is it like most of other parts of Mexico...that is, rider beware. Maybe I'll stick to my tequila shots and poolside fun... but I'd rather not!
Old 01-11-2006, 05:22 PM   #9
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtysouth
Flux, it has been my experience with my limited travels that those cities are way too congested and without traffic laws as we know them. The safest thing is to stay on 2 feet versus 2 wheels but I am sure if you insist, it's promising that they will have scooter rentals. Whatever you do, be careful and have fun.
Aw shucks, yer just mad 'cause I won't let you go with...
You know you'd be working anyway!
Old 01-11-2006, 05:35 PM   #10
MysteryRider
Laughing at danger

Oddometer: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor
Any idea if anyone rents out dualsports, too? I know the roads can be dangerous (freakin' Cozumel was insane!) and I was planning on sticking to some back roads around town. Is travel safe down there (as far as being robbed, etc) or is it like most of other parts of Mexico...that is, rider beware. Maybe I'll stick to my tequila shots and poolside fun... but I'd rather not!
I don't know if he rents dual sports. If not, he could probably steer you in the right direction if you give him a call.
Look on the HD website for the number.
I have never ridden in Baja so I can not answer how the traveling is.
I do a lot of riding on the mainland though (25K miles last year) on both the GS and my HD. I have never had any problems. Just ride like everyone is out to get you (they are) and you will do fine.
The last place I want to ride on any bike is in one of the cities. My advise is to stay out of them.

Ride Safe,
Vettster
MysteryRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 02:59 AM   #11
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Thanks for the advice, Vettster!
Old 10-28-2012, 11:22 AM   #12
av8torx
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Cabo San Lucas Motorcycle rental

Hi, I have my KLR stored down in Cabo. I plan on riding it back in March. I have a buddy who like to ride back with me but does not have a motorcycle down in Cabo. He wants to rent a bike. Does anyone know of anyone who rents down there for a one way rental? Cabo to the US? If not is anyone going to be riding the Baja north bound in March?

Thanks

Dave
av8torx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:38 PM   #13
cabodirtrider
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor View Post
Hi Guys and Gals, wasn't sure where to post this but here goes. My fiance and myself are headed to Cabo San Lucas April 9 for a week for our honeymoon. I already warned Jen that I am literally going to be FORCED to ride a bike at LEAST once while we're there. I won't even be picky. I'll ride a street bike, although I'd rather try finding a Dual Sport. I don't want to ride in one of the 4 day tours...which is all I can find info on. Where can I just rent a bike, or go on a one day guided tour?

Other tips for this trip? Gonna be staying in a condo of a friend of my Dad's...right next door to Sammy Hagar! Gonna be a blast.
Old thread but could still be usefuul... I'd agree with some of the other commentators, Cabo traffic is way too busy these days and could be unsafe for getting around, especially if you are not used to driving in chaotic Mexico traffic, many ppl DUI. On the other hand if you want an awesome tour, you should contact my buddy Andrik Oechler in San Jose del Cabo, him and his crew are dedicated Baja dirt bike aficionados, you can book a 3 hour or even a 3 day trip on Baja ready bikes, etc.. he includes all your gear (boots, goggles, knee guards, chest protectors, helmets. etc...they even offer lessons in case some of your friends need some tips). Let me try to find you his website.... got it! His outfit is called ORBA - Off-Road Baja Adventures http://www.offroadbajaadventures.com Hope this helps, have fun!
cabodirtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:36 PM   #14
sputnik378
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Cabo on a dirt bike can be fun as hell, provided that you are accustomed to the five D's of third world city driving.. If not I wouldn't recommend it. The riding around Cabo however is incredible, the whole of Baja for that matter. Vacation fun time rentals though, you've really only got the one option listed above besides terrible quad rides for the whole family.

Or if you really feel like living on the edge you can rent an electric bicycle from the sketchy Canadian down the street that tops out at 50 mph.
sputnik378 is offline   Reply With Quote