ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Whatcha got?
DL650 2,827 63.86%
DL1000 1,540 34.79%
Both DL650 & DL1000 63 1.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4427. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #1861
tommyhof
Studly Adventurer
 
tommyhof's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, Va
Oddometer: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by goochman View Post


Here is the picture I promised. My new to me 2005 VStrom only 2600 miles almost stock except for Givi trunk and Wind Strom windsheild. Lovin it!
I bought an 06 Red in Oct 11, with 5,170 miles on it, (now have 11K+) which I thought was extremely low but 2K Damn
__________________
Tom
06 Wee-Strom
Virginia Beach, VA
COG 6517
tommyhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #1862
svs
All Hands on Deck!
 
svs's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Huntington Beach
Oddometer: 23,591
We are Number ONE...

__________________
"We came into this world screaming and covered in blood; We ride so we can increase the odds of going out the same way..."
svs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #1863
bassbronco_74
Adventurer
 
bassbronco_74's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Washougal, Washington
Oddometer: 12
Just became a member here on advrider! Been at stromtrooper for over a year and decided to spread my wings a little! I've got a DL650K7. I've put just about 9k miles on this last year of ownership.
__________________
DL650K7 in the Great Pacific Northwet
bassbronco_74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #1864
Bigger Al
Still a stupid tire guy
 
Bigger Al's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Auburn, CA
Oddometer: 7,716
Finally, after years of putting it off, I bought my first V-Strom today!



It's an '02 with 45K on it, and a decent selection of aftermarket stuff installed. I've been riding a BMW R90/6 for 18 years, and a KLR650 for the past 5, and I gotta say that this bike is like a whole 'nuther world.

Jeebus the ride home was fun!!
__________________
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -

Abraham Lincoln




Bigger Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:33 AM   #1865
Peke
Kloothommel
 
Peke's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Oddometer: 123
Tomorrow I will be the proud owner of a DL1000.




__________________
Jeden Tag erhöht sich zwangsläufig die Zahl derer die mich am Arsch lecken können.

Peke screwed with this post 06-11-2012 at 03:21 AM
Peke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:07 AM   #1866
LngRidr
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Colbert, GA
Oddometer: 168

on the blue ridge parkway, or skyline drive on a recent trip.
__________________
Jon Kohler
Colbert, GA
2012 VStrom 650 Adventure
IBA# 24562
LngRidr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:28 AM   #1867
BikeBugger
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Gold coast, QLD, Aus
Oddometer: 79
+1

As of one week ago.
bike has a few goodies already installed including givi screen which is is OK..but...also dreadful as the wind hits me on the very tip of the helmet and its freaking annoying. If that's the worst of my worries though I'll consider myself to have done well.
BikeBugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #1868
ert01
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeBugger View Post
As of one week ago.
bike has a few goodies already installed including givi screen which is is OK..but...also dreadful as the wind hits me on the very tip of the helmet and its freaking annoying. If that's the worst of my worries though I'll consider myself to have done well.
My bike came with the Givi screen as well and I didn't really like it at all... I put on one of the super short Euro Sport screens and the wind is MUCH better. There's a lot more of it now, but it's smooth and predictable at least. Maybe try finding a stock screen cheap somewhere and play around with cutting it down?
ert01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #1869
devo2002
-Devo
 
devo2002's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 3,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by ert01 View Post
My bike came with the Givi screen as well and I didn't really like it at all... I put on one of the super short Euro Sport screens and the wind is MUCH better. There's a lot more of it now, but it's smooth and predictable at least. Maybe try finding a stock screen cheap somewhere and play around with cutting it down?

Let's trade, PM sent.
__________________
2014 DL650 Vstrom
devo2002 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:06 AM   #1870
skysail
n00b
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: chicago
Oddometer: 6
Hey everyone, I bought myself a '12 weestrom adventure a few weeks ago and I love it. Anyone have a deceleration wobble their new bike?
skysail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:19 AM   #1871
allonsye
("lets go!")
 
allonsye's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: The North Carolina Dry Pond
Oddometer: 862
Wobble

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysail View Post
Hey everyone, I bought myself a '12 weestrom adventure a few weeks ago and I love it. Anyone have a deceleration wobble their new bike?
Sounds like a tire or something loose or misaligned in the front end issue. eg. when my front is worn out I get a "decel wobble". Checked your tire pressure? Checked fork alignment? Some dealerships are woeful with new bike setup/maintenance.
__________________
"A good traveller has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving" Lao Tzu (570-490 BC)
Current:
02' GS1150R
06' 650 Vstrom
allonsye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:10 PM   #1872
Zepfan
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Zepfan's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Poway
Oddometer: 121
I've been with a DL1000 for 3 years now, 3 different bikes over this period of time with a KLR thrown in for a trial run for 3 months before I sold it and bought another V.

I absolutely love the V overall, especially the power.

I WISH.......
The rims didn't bend so easily. I ride the crap out of these bikes slab and off.

I WONDER.......
If suspension, front spring and valving and rear shock up grades for $1400. would greatly improve off road handling.

I'm always looking at another bike KTM 990a, 1200gs and so on but the cost effectiveness and my familiarity of the DL make it a hard jump. I can do all my own wrenching on my bike these days, less electrical.
__________________
Ramble On, And now's the time, the time is now, to sing my song.
I'm goin' 'round the world, I got to find my girl, on my way.
I've been this way ten years to the day, Ramble On,
Gotta find the queen of all my dreams.
Zepfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:34 PM   #1873
PiJiL
Gnarly Adventurer
 
PiJiL's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Victoria Australia
Oddometer: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepfan View Post
I've been with a DL1000 for 3 years now, 3 different bikes over this period of time with a KLR thrown in for a trial run for 3 months before I sold it and bought another V.

I absolutely love the V overall, especially the power.

I WISH.......
The rims didn't bend so easily. I ride the crap out of these bikes slab and off.

I WONDER.......
If suspension, front spring and valving and rear shock up grades for $1400. would greatly improve off road handling.

I'm always looking at another bike KTM 990a, 1200gs and so on but the cost effectiveness and my familiarity of the DL make it a hard jump. I can do all my own wrenching on my bike these days, less electrical.
They are a great bike, I have spent on mine to improve almost every area and still it is 2/3rds of what a 1200gs or a katoom adventure is...

The katoom adventure is the ultimate off roadie with the GS being the ultimate all rounder, especially with the leccy spenders......

I put the wire wheels on as the excel rims are much stronger that the cast alloy and the spension really improves by some new springs and valving..
PiJiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:42 PM   #1874
lentil
All round nice guy
 
lentil's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Gunnedah
Oddometer: 7,235
wilburs suspension

Ok so I am looking at a new suspension setup !!

and I am wondering will a shock from a 1000 fit a wee?

in particular a wilbers ?

Thanks in advance
__________________
F5 is for wussies Command R is where the actions at!

Apple fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
It's the classic freudian slip... "come out of the closet, and jump into the jaccuzzi with the rest of us..."
lentil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:01 PM   #1875
derrickb
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Texas, God's country
Oddometer: 102
After taking the long way home tonight... my brand new 650 ADV has 32 miles on it.

Traded in my trusty KLR and already love this new ride.
derrickb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014