Both DL650 & DL1000 64 1.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4522. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2006, 08:16 PM   #496
AndrewAnonymous
Making things worse.

Oddometer: 5,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLADERUNNER
well after alot of lurking on this forum, and test riding, i finally bought a 06 dl1000. i have had it for about a month now, and really like the bike. i recently took it offroading with some friends, a drz400 it is not. anyways i thought i'd make my first post in this thread seeing as theres many here with the same sick affection for the strom

Welcome.
AndrewAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:36 PM   #497
afm956
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
New DL650 owner

I just picked up an '06 DL650 couple days ago from my new favorite dealership, Suzuki of Oakland. Ask for the owner Dave Stanton of AMA and AFM racing fame, he's dealing!

What a freaking awesomely balanced motorcycle. I dig the 6-fiddy.

Also, I went to register for this site only to find I was already registered. Well I guess I've been away awhile...

"Whassup, afm956?
afm956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:48 PM   #498
vegasphotog
Las Vegas Cheechako

Oddometer: 3,255
A bitch amongst bitches

We had a nice ride Sunday down to Whittier...those folks are still observing winter...

But, my solo wee kept the rest honest...
Attached Images

Old 05-08-2006, 09:49 PM   #499
dr650bc
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 817
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLADERUNNER
well after alot of lurking on this forum, and test riding, i finally bought a 06 dl1000. i have had it for about a month now, and really like the bike. i recently took it offroading with some friends, a drz400 it is not. anyways i thought i'd make my first post in this thread seeing as theres many here with the same sick affection for the strom
Welcome bladerunner & silverD - you have now been assimilated into the collective.

you have passed your first task successfully by navigating a 500 lb bike with road tires along a gravelly/muddy/potholed/twisty road.

~Fear not - the front end lies !!!!! it will only wash out if you really try to ride it like a DRZ400.
~Avoid the temptation to remove the secondaries - gentle power delivery is your friend on dirt ( and spinning wheels pick up any kind of steel on the backroads.)
~ go forth and lug the twin - it runs like a thumper from 1000-2500 - sounds like one too!!

The start of the ride required coffee - eh !!
needed to place my 02 strom in front of the newer clean shiny stroms to prevent lens flare

So off we went east of Mission along the backroads in the @#$%@#$ rain. Only went part way up Norrish creek road as the rain made everything pretty slick. The quadmaniacs came by and ripped across the slippery wooden bridge sideways ... and then stopped to crack a brewski ............ hmmm - high performance sport quads - beer before noon - wet slippery roads - can you say natural selection

couple pics of the new strommers in their natural habitat

dr650bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:07 AM   #500
minnie pearl
gladetop adventurer

Oddometer: 16
noob DL1000 owner

One more here...picked up an '06 DL1000 last Thursday in the very tasty bing cherry color. I've been a long time BMW guy, had two airhead GS's, oil head S, RT, and RS. Also been dual sporting a KLR for a couple of years, and been riding a WR450 in the dirt all fall and winter.

The Strom looks like it's going to be a great motorcycle. Even after I add bags, heated grips, centerstand and all the other cool stuff, it's still going to cost waaaay less than the nearly $18K I'd have paid for a loaded R12GS. I'm going to miss the guys at the BMW shop, I'll have to stop in for a visit every once in a while. Don't get me wrong...I love BMW's, but was just ready to try something else for awhile. And, the guys in the local BMW club have agreed not to kick me out because several of them are looking at stroms now!
minnie pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:28 AM   #501
Queen OP
Escapee

Oddometer: 24,143
I see we hit 500!
Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:29 AM   #502
Uncle Larry
The most suave of stooges

Oddometer: 14,417
There is much assimilation here.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:34 AM   #503
Queen OP
Escapee

Oddometer: 24,143
Why yes, yes there is.

Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 11:22 AM   #504
RT jim
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie pearl
One more here...picked up an '06 DL1000 last Thursday in the very tasty bing cherry color. I've been a long time BMW guy, had two airhead GS's, oil head S, RT, and RS. Also been dual sporting a KLR for a couple of years, and been riding a WR450 in the dirt all fall and winter.

The Strom looks like it's going to be a great motorcycle. Even after I add bags, heated grips, centerstand and all the other cool stuff, it's still going to cost waaaay less than the nearly $18K I'd have paid for a loaded R12GS. I'm going to miss the guys at the BMW shop, I'll have to stop in for a visit every once in a while. Don't get me wrong...I love BMW's, but was just ready to try something else for awhile. And, the guys in the local BMW club have agreed not to kick me out because several of them are looking at stroms now!
So your the guy they were talking about when you left...
RT jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 12:31 PM   #505
Uncle Larry

Over 500... cool.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:10 PM   #506
minnie pearl
gladetop adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie
I see we hit 500!
Do I get a door prize or anything for being 500?
minnie pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 03:17 PM   #507
Uncle Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie pearl
Do I get a door prize or anything for being 500?
You get to be assimilated.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:32 PM   #508
Lencho
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 641
The Borg or Borg Collective is a race of Suzuki V-Strom owners in the Adventure Tourer universe. They are known both within and beyond the motorcycle kingdom for their relentless pursuit of what they want to assimilate, their rapid adaptability to almost any road condition, and their ability to continue functioning after what may seem a devastating or even fatal blow, seemingly unaffected. As such, the Borg have become a powerful symbol in popular ADV culture for any seemingly unstoppable force against which "resitiance is futile". Similarily, "absorbed by the Borg" is the name of the mental condition and the state of euphoria of those who have been assimilated. The resulting Borg collective is known as Strominators. DL1000 owners rule over the less powerful DL650 Strominators.

Lencho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 03:42 PM   #509
Texspeleo
Opportunivore

Oddometer: 257
Talking Went & did it..

I've hopped the Kawasaki fence adn put my deposti down on a shiny new red wee-strom today. When do the funny tubes start growing out of my head?
Texspeleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 03:42 PM   #510
Texspeleo
Opportunivore

Oddometer: 257
Dammit--and I still can't type.
Texspeleo is offline   Reply With Quote