Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4517. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2006, 05:23 AM   #691
Uncle Pollo
happy cachiporra

Oddometer: 47,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPelon
You have been assimilated.

The Collective instructs you to change your screen name and replace the front turn signals with pelonators.
This podling recommends buying 2 sets of pelonators. This podling reports that pelonators also break is podlings try hard enough.
Uncle Pollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 06:48 AM   #692
Chader
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpower
Did you order the ABS bike? Did you get any discount on the price? I'm curious since I'm thinking of going from the K4 650 I have now to the K7 650 ABS. One dealer here in Charlotte hasn't ordered any yet since this is a crotch rocket or cruiser crowd. I'd like to get the best price I can so may have to shop around some.

JDP
They gave me a discount on the delivery and setup since the bike wasn't on the floor when I paid the deposit (saved $275). I got the bike for the MSRP $7,199. I figured this was the best I could do for a new model that may be in demand when released.
Chader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 08:05 AM   #693
MajorDuc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Talking New Dl650 owner this week!

After months of studying different bikes, and liking too many of them, I am picking up a new, Red V-Stromm 650 this Saturday. One question for the veterans of this group, I like the SW Motech skid plate but would prefer to use it with the HB Engine/Body guard. The SW Motech site refers the skid plate only working with their engine guard, but am curious if anyone has installed it with the HB guard. Thanks for all the information this site provides, the DL650 will occupy a proud space in my garage alongst my Ducati ST2 and Triumph Thunderbird Sport.
MajorDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 08:09 AM   #694
jdpower
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chader
They gave me a discount on the delivery and setup since the bike wasn't on the floor when I paid the deposit (saved $275). I got the bike for the MSRP $7,199. I figured this was the best I could do for a new model that may be in demand when released.
So based on the price, it is the ABS model. Yes, I assume it may be difficult to get a lot better than MSRP, but I've got several Zuke dealers around me so guess it can't hurt to shop around especially if they won't have to mess with keeping it on the floor for a while. We will see. Thanks for the reply.

JDP
jdpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:10 AM   #695
Chader
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpower
So based on the price, it is the ABS model. Yes, I assume it may be difficult to get a lot better than MSRP, but I've got several Zuke dealers around me so guess it can't hurt to shop around especially if they won't have to mess with keeping it on the floor for a while. We will see. Thanks for the reply.

JDP
Yea I got the ABS.
Chader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:04 AM   #696
Bycharlie
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Laugh Happy marriage since 02

Bought this baby as soon as it appeared on the dealer. So far it has been just about love and fun...
Bycharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:07 AM   #697
vegasphotog
Las Vegas Cheechako

Oddometer: 3,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bycharlie
So far it has been just about love and fun...
How to convince any g/f that is what it is all really about????
Old 07-27-2006, 04:22 PM   #698
Queen OP
Escapee

Oddometer: 24,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by akphotog
How to convince any g/f that is what it is all really about????
Find her passion and equate the two. "Honey, you know how much fun and enjoyment you get from scrapbooking/quilting/bicyling/...that's how my bike is for me".
Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:50 PM   #699
OuttaMyWay
I shook his hand!!!!1!!

Oddometer: 8,259
OK, here's my story:

A year ago I got a 650, after all the research told me it was the perfect bike. I put 12,000 on it and no problems except the requisite gas station drop and n00b lowside in the gravel from target fixating on the outside of a l/h corner. This summer, I got a good deal on a left-over FZ1, and rode it a couple thou. The 1K power and R1 engine is amazing. One day a couple weeks ago, I decided to get on the wee, just to be sure the battery didn't go dead. Surprise! It is STILL the perfect bike. My GF, (OriginalCin on ADV) and I are leaving for Oregon in a couple days, and I've decided the wee is by far the better long-distance bike. At least with the Corbin I added. The FZ1 will be staying behind in the garage.

Well, just this evening, I actually did a little project I'd been thinking about for a while. I have Cortech saddlebags, and the one-sided exhaust on a wee makes them hang funny. What I did is get a piece of 3/8 inch aluminum rod from Home Depot. It's soft enough to bend, beat, and drill, and I made a support for the left-side bag, and now they hang just right. Here's the pics:

Do you not have a sliver of any vague idea of what the fuck your talking about, or is this some sort of performance art about the limitations of man?
--KaceCoyote
OuttaMyWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 06:04 AM   #700
ua99003
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Thumb New WeeStrom owner

Just picked up my new ride ... 07 non-ABS Wee. Only have a few miles on it but so far, soooooo gooood !!!!! I plan on adding a few things. First crash bars. I am researching on what brand seems to work best. Next would be a tailbag .... looking for soft type. Any sugestions on crashbars or soft bags would be helpful.

Thanks
ua99003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:50 AM   #701
Uncle Larry
The most suave of stooges

Oddometer: 14,417
More assimilations.

The Collective instructs you to.... oh hell, the Mothership got caught in the rain on the way to work this morning and bike and rider are NOT happy!

Further instructions when less soggy.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:58 AM   #702
jdpower
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ua99003
Just picked up my new ride ... 07 non-ABS Wee. Only have a few miles on it but so far, soooooo gooood !!!!! I plan on adding a few things. First crash bars. I am researching on what brand seems to work best. Next would be a tailbag .... looking for soft type. Any sugestions on crashbars or soft bags would be helpful.

Thanks
I didn't know the 07s were even in showrooms yet. Where are you located. I thought it would be around Sept. before seeing any or the ABS model specifically.

JDP
Old 07-28-2006, 11:03 AM   #703
ua99003
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
I'am located in South Louisiana .... dealer was trying to locate an 06 and receive a shipping notice from Suzuki that includied an Silver 07 Wee and also an 06 DL1000 VStrom. I got the 07 Wee for $400 more that the 06
ua99003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 01:46 PM   #704
jdpower
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ua99003
I'am located in South Louisiana .... dealer was trying to locate an 06 and receive a shipping notice from Suzuki that includied an Silver 07 Wee and also an 06 DL1000 VStrom. I got the 07 Wee for $400 more that the 06
Cool. It is good to hear that the 07s are available. The dealers here in Charlotte don't seem to know that yet. The web site lists the 07 650s as being blue or gray. So if you got an 07, was it what Suzuki is calling gray? How close is it to their previous silver on the 1000?

JDP
Old 07-28-2006, 11:51 PM   #705
MasterChief
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,156
Just Picked up a used 05 Wee. I only got a couple of hundred miles on it so far. Many more to come.
MasterChief is offline   Reply With Quote