DL650 2,925 63.91%
DL1000 1,589 34.72%
Both DL650 & DL1000 66 1.44%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4577. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2006, 07:51 PM   #91
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,685
Oh yeah. What accessories are worth getting from the dealer? Seems like I can try and work them in to the deal while I'm at it.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 08:11 PM   #92
southforkspeedster
koolaidless

Oddometer: 1,984
Heated grips

Imaposer,

Heated grips are also a great dealer option and the Zuk grips are awesome. I got my dealer to throw in a set on each bike and still got the bikes for way under msrp. That tells me that they have room to move on the deals they make.

Even without the extras I still think msrp is a fair price for either Strom, so don't let those items be a deal breaker.

Good luck, SFS

southforkspeedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 08:32 PM   #93
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by southforkspeedster
Imaposer,

Heated grips are also a great dealer option and the Zuk grips are awesome. I got my dealer to throw in a set on each bike and still got the bikes for way under msrp. That tells me that they have room to move on the deals they make.

Even without the extras I still think msrp is a fair price for either Strom, so don't let those items be a deal breaker.

Good luck, SFS

Wow, I didn't know I could get heated grips straight from suzooki. I figured that would be part of the initial farkling project. I was thinking hand guards and centerstand. Gonna have to price it up a couple of ways. Thanks.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 10:46 PM   #94
RubberDown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,306
The plate says it all.

http://users.erols.com/frogpad/Hyper-Lites.mpg
Old 01-19-2006, 02:30 AM   #95
wibby
BrotherFromAnotherMother

Oddometer: 10,545
The stock knuckle covers look cool but mine both broke off in a little parking lot mishap

Think I'll try some Multiplos next
Old 01-19-2006, 05:22 AM   #96
soboy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,286
I've had my '05 WeeStrom for 9 months and put 6000 miles on it so far. This bike is fun and versatile - it is as close to a "do-it-all" motorcycle as I have ever owned. I started riding back in 1972 on a Yamaha Mini-Enduro. Had a bunch of bikes since then. I wanted a street-oriented dual sport that was excellent on the asphalt and good off pavement. After test riding the BMW GS 1200, I could not justify the enormous difference in price between the Beemer and the Wee. I paid $5900 for the Wee - an amazing value.

It took me a while to get comfortable on the Wee, but with a few farkles, it now fits me like a glove. It is truly all-day comfortable now. What has been impressive since day one is its incredible stability in aggressive cornering up in the mountains. Acceleration is impressive and I've seen 120 on the speedo in 6th gear at 10,000 rpms. Gas mileage has averaged in the low to mid 50's.

The more I ride this bike, the more I like it. I can tour, commute, run errands, go for a cruise, play sportbike or play in the dirt with it. One of my favorite things to do is attack a set of asphalt twisties, then take a fire road or two to connect me with the next set of twisties. I have never had a bike before that can play in the dirt and then tear up a set of twisties as well as the Wee can. On fire roads, hard packed dirt or gravel, I can flat haul ass on this thing.
soboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 05:29 AM   #97
jdpower
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser
Wow, I didn't know I could get heated grips straight from suzooki. I figured that would be part of the initial farkling project. I was thinking hand guards and centerstand. Gonna have to price it up a couple of ways. Thanks.
I don't know what the cost is for the OEM heated grips, but some have complained that the heaing elements don't cover as much as desired. I have cheap $27 symtec (also dual star same I think) and some 714 Gel Pro Grips which work great (have to trim the end off-no biggie). They have a hi/lo switch but almost never need the hi setting. I'd save the bucks and just get the aftermarket heated grips if it were me. Hot Grips are good too, but more expensive.

JDP
jdpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 05:36 AM   #98
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Oddometer: 4,780
As soon as spring hits, I'm selling my BMW (K100C)and my Honda (CB900F) so's I can get a wee. The dealership I work in has four brands I can choose from and so far, I have yet to see anything that can do what the wee does, nor anything that suits me so well.
Besides, I think my boss would rather I lead the sunday rides on a product we sell, and not the BMW. So, I have a great excuse.
We sell every Strom we can get our hands on, both wee and not so wee. It's great for Suzuki and my paycheck.
Great Machine. Great price. Great people that ride 'em.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:50 AM   #99
McB
Joe 40 ouncer

Oddometer: 15,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraven
As soon as spring hits, I'm selling my BMW (K100C)and my Honda (CB900F) so's I can get a wee. The dealership I work in has four brands I can choose from and so far, I have yet to see anything that can do what the wee does, nor anything that suits me so well.
Besides, I think my boss would rather I lead the sunday rides on a product we sell, and not the BMW. So, I have a great excuse.
We sell every Strom we can get our hands on, both wee and not so wee. It's great for Suzuki and my paycheck.
Great Machine. Great price. Great people that ride 'em.
So what's the ADVRider Discount?
McB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 05:54 AM   #100
FlyingScotsman
Crash Test Dummy

Oddometer: 1,777
We need a poll to show enough support for a seperate V / Wee Strom forum. There are lots of Strom owners out there....What do you think? If they can have a scooter forum then we can have Strom forum
FlyingScotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 07:04 AM   #101
McB
Joe 40 ouncer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBOTU
Augie brought that up further back in this thread...I pointed out that at the rate we're going the Strom contingent is going to OWN the "Beasts" section soon enough.
But then we wouldn't spend as much time here telling folks they shoulda bought one.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:05 AM   #102
McB
Joe 40 ouncer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser
Oh yeah. What accessories are worth getting from the dealer? Seems like I can try and work them in to the deal while I'm at it.
Flush mount signals. Why wait until they break off?
Old 01-19-2006, 07:18 AM   #103
Maxmosbey
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman
We need a poll to show enough support for a seperate V / Wee Strom forum. There are lots of Strom owners out there....What do you think? If they can have a scooter forum then we can have Strom forum
Anyone should already know, that when they use the word "beast", they are talking about a Strom. Everything else is a, please excuse me for using this word,,,,,,,,,,,,pussy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,cat .
Old 01-19-2006, 08:17 AM   #104
unlawfulsm
Bearded Hooligan

Oddometer: 535
I will be able to add my pics shortly. I am picking up my 2006 DL650 Saturday. IT will be a nice welcome after coming off the KLR.
unlawfulsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 08:31 AM   #105
McB
Joe 40 ouncer

1st pic

On a back road in Atchison or Doniphan County