DL650 2,890 63.85%
DL1000 1,575 34.80%
Both DL650 & DL1000 64 1.41%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4526. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2008, 03:51 AM   #1096
Pulasky
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Only poor ground clearance is a litlle problem, but when foot pegs were wanishd deep leaning is possible.
Attached Images

Pulasky screwed with this post 06-30-2008 at 06:24 AM
Pulasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:55 AM   #1097
Pulasky
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
I droped front 15 mm , rear dumper max up , changed stering bars and rised foot pegs ... and I can chasing GSXRs now. Dunlops D607 Trialmax has pretty good grip.
Attached Images

Pulasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:33 PM   #1098
syntec4
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulasky
Only poor ground clearance is a litlle problem, but when foot pegs were wanishd deep leaning is possible.

Holly Crap Pulasky, that's some fancy riding
Old 07-02-2008, 09:20 AM   #1099
e.Rock
No Guts, No Story

Oddometer: 208
'04 1000

Just did a fly and ride from fellow ADV riders in NC. Owned the bike for 5 days and already have 1600 miles on. Is already an outstanding addition to the stable.

Owners said how the DL can do anything, and I was always skeptical... but they're sooo right! The collective needs a new sticker: "It's a Strom thing, you wouldn't understand."

From my detour through the Dragon on my way home to WI (stolen from zeefoto.com proofs):

I love this bike!
e.Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:21 PM   #1100
Apache Mike
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Stroming in Arizona

Apache Mike checking in from sun baked Arizona.. I ride an 07' V-Strom DL1000.. Most of my time in the saddle is spent going back and forth to work, but when I get the chance on the weekends I am dayriding in and around Tucson..

Here's a AZ tip: Beat the heat by pulling your riding clothes right out of the washing machine, after the spin cycle. Wear wet and ride..

Love the bike so far...
Apache Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:47 PM   #1101
TimFerret
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oddometer: 5
Matt black in the UK........

Had my matt black 650X for about a year and already done about 11,000 miles on it. Put a lowering kit on it and dropped the forks a bit (cos' I'm a short arse and could hardly touch the ground) and Wow! has it transformed the handling! goes round the corners like my VFR used to (but with more comfort and a bigger grin...) Done loads of touring two up and plan to do a whole lot more......
Tim.
TimFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:23 PM   #1102
Super Suz
N00b with B00b

Oddometer: 1,556
I just love my '07 with 27,000 miles on it now.

I really love my bike. I have been good to it except for the three drops at a standstill that I had, and that's my own fault, it's given me no troubles. At this point in miles, I had several things go wrong with my older bike. But then again, it was an older bike by a few years.

I changed the oil, chain and sprokets, tires twice, air filter, and no new brake pads yet.

Oh, and due to one of the drops, I did have to replace a bent clutch part but that was no big deal and again, my fault.

I have taken her out on dirt roads a bit and she managed just fine.

I would like to know what anyone has done to their strom to assist in less damage to the bike at stopped bike drops. What have you put on your bike to keep the damage down to a minimum? For example, swing arm bars, metal wind handlebars, crash bars, carbon anything....what?

She definately does not have that new bike look to her, but she's still a beauty.
Member of the Oakland Motorcycle Club. In town? Come visit us on a Weds night. We love show and tells! Want to speak about your trip or motorcycle topics in the Bay Area of Northern California? We have a club hall. IM me. If you give us enough notice and if we like your topic, you can come and speak. We have room for others to come and listen too.
Super Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:41 AM   #1103
Super Suz
N00b with B00b

Oddometer: 1,556
Bike Drop Protection on a Strom: What have U done?

I would like to know what anyone has done to their strom to assist in less damage to the bike at stopped bike drops. What have you put on your bike to keep the damage down to a minimum? For example, swing arm bars, metal wind handlebars, crash bars, carbon anything....what?

already have the crash bar but handlebars nubs are scratched and the hand wind guard is cracked.

Thanks,
Member of the Oakland Motorcycle Club. In town? Come visit us on a Weds night. We love show and tells! Want to speak about your trip or motorcycle topics in the Bay Area of Northern California? We have a club hall. IM me. If you give us enough notice and if we like your topic, you can come and speak. We have room for others to come and listen too.
Super Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:27 AM   #1104
TimFerret
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oddometer: 5
Indicators......

Hi Super Suz! I've got the X model with the crash bars, and Givi racks on the back. I've had a couple of stationary drops and found on the first one that the racks and bars pretty much saved it. Only scuffed hand guard and broken indicator. Fitted a pair of flush mount indicators after that (about the size of half an egg cut lengthways) which fall behind the line of the crash bars, and when I next dropped it they were untouched. Only the same scuffs but on the other side!
Tim.
TimFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:10 AM   #1105
ADVChic
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
ADVChic checking in from Ohio

Hi, ADVChic checking in from beautiful southern Ohio. I am picking up my Wee-Strom tomorrow. Matte black 650 - CANNOT wait. We have some of the best roads in the states here and I am looking forward to getting her on the twisties.

08 DL650 V-Strom | 04 R1200C Montauk & 09 K1200LT (husband's) | 05 XB12S Lightning (sold)
ADVChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:56 AM   #1106
AZstrommer
Long may she wave!

Oddometer: 961
Welcome to the collective, ADVChic. I'm on my second Wee so I know the feeling!

Post pics of you and your new Stealth Wee when you pick it up.

Have fun on those back roads in So. Ohio and West-by-God Virginia.

A former Buckeye in AZ.

AZstrommer

We can't negate who we are, who we were, what we've done. Who we've loved, who we've hurt. Part of our human fabric. Who are are. I am the sum of all I have done before. I am imperfect, I am flawed. I am, however, aware of that. I desire happiness, I long for joy, always knowing the price, the balance. - Sabre
AZstrommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 11:19 AM   #1107
zoomiecounter
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Curious about Canada to Mexico riders

Just curious if anyone knows or heard about the guys from canada who rode to baja mexico and back. One was an a yamaha sport tour bike and the other on a v-strom 1k. should have got some contact info when i crossed trails with them in Dubois, Idaho this spring. They seemed like good folks.
zoomiecounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:00 AM   #1108
DKM455
fng

Oddometer: 3
Long time lurker, first time poster...

Just thought I'd say hey. So...hey!
Old 08-06-2008, 06:03 AM   #1109
garandman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Suz

already have the crash bar but handlebars nubs are scratched and the hand wind guard is cracked.

Thanks,
Motech engine guards and Buell turn signals.

“The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without.” ― Dwight D. Eisenhower
garandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 07:52 AM   #1110
Az Taz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Love my Wee. It is the best bike I have ever owned.
Az Taz is offline   Reply With Quote