DL650 2,875 63.89%
DL1000 1,564 34.76%
Both DL650 & DL1000 64 1.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4500. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2008, 08:36 AM   #1171
Moooz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 376
This is my '07 DL650. Pretty much stock except for centerstand, fender extender. A great bike.

Moooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:50 PM   #1172
PhotoBiker
Please insert title here

Oddometer: 1,436
I have an '02 DL1000 that had 18429 miles on it when I bought it 2 months ago. It's up to 20860 right now (but that will change in a bit, that damn odometer has a climbing problem).

Love the bike. I'm sparing the photos as it is your stock '02 Silver color and it appears in a number of Tags in Maine/NH threads as it is ;-)
'06 Ninja 250
Check out my Gallery
PhotoBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 06:10 PM   #1173
mtwillyman
Lost and Cornfuzed

Oddometer: 618
2009 Orange Wee!

Traded a Breva 1100 for an orange 2009 Wee on Saturday. Test rode the 1000 and 650. The Wee was more fun then the 1000 for me. Aurora Suzuki in Seattle was very professional and thorough throughout the transaction. Ryan is a great sales guy to deal with. They had almost every farkle available for the Strom in stock. I can't believe how wonderful this Wee Strom is to ride. I love it. Thanks to this site for the info I've read on the Strom. Peace.
mtwillyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:01 AM   #1174
William42
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,435
2005 Dl650

Great bike. It has a little over 30K miles on it. Looking forward to putting on many more.
William42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:55 AM   #1175
Grizz Adams
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,874
Don't know if any of you guys are looking for a new..er Vstrom, but there is one here in Memphis TN that would make someone a nice bike. It is an 08 silver one that has 400 miles. It is at Performance Plus he said he would let it go for $7500. A fella bought it rode it a few weeks and came back and traded it on a new GS. Just thought I would pass this along.

Josh

"I go where the voices in my head tell me to!"

KTM 990 ADV- "Annika"
08 DR650 for sale
2006 ZG1000-for sale
Grizz Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:11 PM   #1176
sailorchuck
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Love my Vstrom

I just got back from a 2000 miles of pure fun on my 02 Vstrom 1000 with 14000 on it. 200 miles of this ride was off road. Now I would not like to ride this on a rough single track but dirt roads are just fine. I have added a fork brace and Rock riser,s and Gel seat with a but pad--Givi bars and racks and tail case. Great bike. Chuck

sailorchuck screwed with this post 11-25-2008 at 05:40 PM
sailorchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:49 AM   #1177
KildareMan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 606
04 Wee

My 04 Wee now has 44,000 miles, 25,000 are mine. Had it two years now and it's just the Bees Knees. One weeping clutch pushrod seal (warranty), one weeping fork seal, rear wheel bearings. Change the oil & filter every 4,000 miles and it just goes on and on and on. Possibly spent a bit much in the way of "upgrades/farkles" call them what you will, but it's my way of saying thanks to a brilliant bike. Oh did I mention my life time average is 54.83 mpg (that's UK gallons not the short changed US gallon ) I've filled up 121 times since I brought Strom for that is it's name. Leaves most things for dead at the traffic light GP (V-twin torque ) and filters (lane splitting) with aplomb.
Will I replace it - possibly, maybe not. Could be that for the first time ever I might buy a second bike. What will it be. I'll tell you what it won't be and that's an in line 4. Three cyclinders or less for me now.
KildareMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:59 AM   #1178
SOS
Ignorance is a gift

Oddometer: 707
Me Too!!

I had the same weeping clutch seal. It seems that happens when you ride it in the dirt. I bought the new seal from Suzuki, but when I took it apart I just had to clean all the muck out of the cover and rod. It worked fine after that. So now I skip checking the plugs every few thousand miles (which are always perfect) and I clean the clutch rod cover so at least I feel like I accomplished something when I do a service on it.
SOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:15 PM   #1179
Ride_There
Will ride for bacon.

Oddometer: 3,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOS
I had the same weeping clutch seal. It seems that happens when you ride it in the dirt. I bought the new seal from Suzuki, but when I took it apart I just had to clean all the muck out of the cover and rod. It worked fine after that. So now I skip checking the plugs every few thousand miles (which are always perfect) and I clean the clutch rod cover so at least I feel like I accomplished something when I do a service on it.

I also am having issues with clutch rod seal. It disappeared when my chain broke and snapped my clutch rod. Strange since half the rod was still in the hole and the other half was in the plastic cover.

Is there some secret to get this thing to seal properly. I am sick of parking on cardboard or telling people my bike likes to mark her territory.
Ride_There is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:35 PM   #1180
SOS
Ignorance is a gift

I think I still have mine.

I think that I still have mine. I'd have to check and see if they are the same for the 650 and 1000. PM me if you need it, the seal anyway. If not I think it was only about $10 from the dealer.

I just took mine and cleaned out the cavity really well. It took a while the first time, but I never had an issue after that.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:33 PM   #1181
Ride_There
Will ride for bacon.

Oddometer: 3,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOS
I think that I still have mine. I'd have to check and see if they are the same for the 650 and 1000. PM me if you need it, the seal anyway. If not I think it was only about $10 from the dealer.

I just took mine and cleaned out the cavity really well. It took a while the first time, but I never had an issue after that.
Thanks but I have already picked up a new one.

Mine just doesn't seem to fit very tightly if I remember. I will have to go take a look at it again, maybe even order another to see if I got a bad one.
Ride_There is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 03:37 PM   #1182
SOS
Ignorance is a gift

If I can remember

I'll see if I can remember in the morning and I'll measure the ID. I never even took it out of it package.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:10 AM   #1183
sk8rlee
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Would've posted sooner but HAD to read ALL 1183 post before me!!

So, about a week and a half ago, Nov 20th, I came home with an '07 DL650, blue. Bought it for $5K with <6K miles on it. She's pretty much stock, the only extra is what I believe to be the JCW top case. The only problem with it was that the end of the clutch lever was broken off and the lens of the left turn signal was broken (the housing was still in one piece though) but it came with replacement parts so that's all fixed already. And on that note, it seems that the previous owner took care of the "kicking it over" initiation, does that mean that I don't have to do it myself? I've only put about 270 miles on it so far, but I had to leave home for work 4 days after I got it, but my first impression is WOW, what a great bike, I definitely plan on racking on a lot more miles in the future. I think the seat could be more comfortable, I get that sliding forward thing happening and my naughty bits seem to caught up in the middle of things, but that seems to bother me only on the longer rides. I think I might need to adjust the suspension to my weight (~150lbs, any suggestions?) but that'll come soon enough. But this is only my second bike and the only thing I have to compare it with is a '79 CB750, what a difference 30 years of technology makes!!! The biggest difference I've noticed between the 2 is handling, I've practically got to throw that Honda into the corners where this one just kinda goes without too much effort. And the Honda's seat is more comfortable for me, rode about 2 hours nonstop once and didn't have the slightest bit of pain or numbness. Still love the Honda though and refuse to get rid of it, just not reliable enough for everyday use and that's where the Wee comes in. So anyway, I think I've babbled on long enough for now, here's a few pics from my first offroad ride, not too far off the beaten path, there were some dirt and gravel roads involved but I couldn't find a better place to take pics so......

Assimilation complete? Hope so, but if not, , I'll keep riding anyway!!
sk8rlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 02:24 PM   #1184
EEzz-rider
185lbs of creamy goodness

Oddometer: 73
ABS kill switch

Has anyone tried to put a kill switch on the 09 ABS. To turn off the ABS (obviuosly). I am wondering if it has any sort of negative effect on feel or power other than what you would normally expect?

Cpt. Willard Apocalypse Now

"To infinity and beyond!!!" .....Buzz Lightyear
EEzz-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 05:39 PM   #1185
Kidder
Poser

Oddometer: 493
Pissed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_TN
Don't know if any of you guys are looking for a new..er Vstrom, but there is one here in Memphis TN that would make someone a nice bike. It is an 08 silver one that has 400 miles. It is at Performance Plus he said he would let it go for $7500. A fella bought it rode it a few weeks and came back and traded it on a new GS. Just thought I would pass this along.

Josh
WRONG FORUM.