Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2010, 12:56 PM   #15046
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by techforlife
+1 I don`t think he has a compression issue,he`s gonna do a comp test anyway..i think it`s gotta be lean,but he may have other issues...what would happen if he was at the 55 mph that he can only get...then put the choke on slowly to see if it picks up speed..then he`d know if it was really lean or not..??????????????

B
+1 but look at plug first.
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:09 PM   #15047
Kawidad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,664
Quote:
Anyone using a different shift lever,like an MSR or somepin ...????????
B
I have the MSR lever. It is a very nice piece of kit. MUCH better than the soft/mild steel stock unit. I would highly recommend it for anyone who rides in the dirt.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:12 PM   #15048
Kawidad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhereAmI
So I had a bit of time to screw around today and look at what happened

Yes you might notice the ride killing lack of chain, its on the way, also anyone else running the acerbis supermoto fender, the bolt holes line up perfectly and unless i want to use the stock washers i dont need to drill it out, but what about the wiring loom, did you reroute it or just slice into the new fender?
And yes the tank is spray painted, the thieves did that and I never got around to getting a heavy duty sponge to rub it off, but it peels off with my nail even months later so it won't be a problem.
Maybe it's an optical illusion, but is the front end okay? It looks like the front end is pushed in slightly. You might want to check your steering head angle.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:16 PM   #15049
Northern Dog
Gnarled up Northerner

Oddometer: 710
Quote:
Anyone using a different shift lever,like an MSR or somepin ...????????

I took a pic today of the case saver,,there is no notch,i thought there was .so if an MSR lever will work i`ll get one,otherwise out comes the torches and mig welder..

Anyone runnin a XR`s Only case saver and havev a problem gettin MX boots under the lever

B

The notch in mine is different than that, if I wasn't sick as a dog today I'd go out to the garage and snap a pic ... I'll see if I already have a pic on the server that shows it and post it up if I do.

Edit: I found a pic ...

I was wrong, the notch in mine appears to be the same. By the looks of it though, it looks like the OEM shifter would fit into that groove if it was moved up a couple of notches on the spline (I'm pretty sure I had it that way when the bike was set up for the dirt and I used MX boots).

Maybe it's the bend of your shifter that's preventing it from going into the notch?

Northern Dog screwed with this post 03-12-2010 at 01:23 PM
Northern Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:47 PM   #15050
FatherX
demisocial

Oddometer: 4,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadTrauma
You're not getting the "decompression click" because the automatic compression release was removed from the cam in the picture above. It also appears that the holes under the release mechanism have not been blocked which will reduce oil flow to the rest of the cam....which is bad. ...
I also am sans decomp. what does the hole get blocked with?
Old 03-12-2010, 01:51 PM   #15051
HeadTrauma
\_(ツ)_/

Oddometer: 1,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherX
I also am sans decomp. what does the hole get blocked with?
Most common method I have seen is to weld them shut, but a close-fitting sleeve can be pressed over them as well.
HeadTrauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:54 PM   #15052
FatherX
demisocial

oh yeah...so what is this?

Old 03-12-2010, 01:57 PM   #15053
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Oddometer: 4,249
Quote:
oh yeah...so what is this?

Choke,,or enricher valve....

B
01 XR650L,102mm JE 11.25:1..NX650 second gear,FMX650 fifth gear,ported CW head,KW valve train,MegaCycle 173X25.FCR MX pumper.42/158 NVCT needle.Cycra probend CRM,Scott`s sharkfin,Xr`s Only casesaver.FMF "Q2",Sutton Oil Cooler,Clarke 4.0,Red XR`s Only skidplate,Doubletake mirrors,Manracks Rotopax rack..one Minature Schnauzer
techforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:59 PM   #15054
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawidad
I have the MSR lever. It is a very nice piece of kit. MUCH better than the soft/mild steel stock unit. I would highly recommend it for anyone who rides in the dirt.
Is it longer than the OE Kawidad ,,bent differently or anything

B
01 XR650L,102mm JE 11.25:1..NX650 second gear,FMX650 fifth gear,ported CW head,KW valve train,MegaCycle 173X25.FCR MX pumper.42/158 NVCT needle.Cycra probend CRM,Scott`s sharkfin,Xr`s Only casesaver.FMF "Q2",Sutton Oil Cooler,Clarke 4.0,Red XR`s Only skidplate,Doubletake mirrors,Manracks Rotopax rack..one Minature Schnauzer
Old 03-12-2010, 02:01 PM   #15055
FatherX
demisocial

Question

Quote:
Choke,,or enricher valve....

B
what happens if it is over tight/loose?

any adjustment in it?
Old 03-12-2010, 02:02 PM   #15056
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Dog
The notch in mine is different than that, if I wasn't sick as a dog today I'd go out to the garage and snap a pic ... I'll see if I already have a pic on the server that shows it and post it up if I do.

Edit: I found a pic ...

I was wrong, the notch in mine appears to be the same. By the looks of it though, it looks like the OEM shifter would fit into that groove if it was moved up a couple of notches on the spline (I'm pretty sure I had it that way when the bike was set up for the dirt and I used MX boots).

Maybe it's the bend of your shifter that's preventing it from going into the notch?

Well see.........that`s a possibility..it could be bent????????????

B
Old 03-12-2010, 02:10 PM   #15057
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Quote:
what happens if it is over tight/loose?

any adjustment in it?
I already posted this FX..........

But here we go again...that nut is plastic do not crank it down,,finger tight only....

Screw that out,put the choke handle on your bars to full choke,you`ll see the plunger raise,,it should be 1-2mm away from the threaded part...i`ll post up a pic in a second Michael...

Here it is

B

techforlife screwed with this post 03-12-2010 at 02:15 PM
Old 03-12-2010, 02:12 PM   #15058
FatherX
demisocial

Quote:
I already posted this FX..........
B
your lips were moving but I wasn't understanding a word of it

I think it's nap time
Old 03-12-2010, 02:16 PM   #15059
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Quote:
your lips were moving but I wasn't understanding a word of it

I think it's nap time

SEE ABOVE PIC

Time for a beer

B
Old 03-12-2010, 03:07 PM   #15060
jasonkop
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
ok, so i just got done with the compression check and it came out about 150psi so it's not too bad. The honda mechainc that did the comp check said he thought the plug was lean but not dangerously lean. I borrowed the autozone compressiom check kit but it didn;t work because it was for big toy plugs.

I also tried taking plates out of the supertrapp. There were 8 and I took it down to 2 and that made it run even worse.

gonna replace the jets when they get here in the mail and then complete Dave's mods if it seems as though I'm on the right track.
jasonkop is offline   Reply With Quote