Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2007, 11:14 AM   #1696
Jeff@TheQuadShop
TAT survivor

Oddometer: 4,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe
Thanks Jeff. Are the tubes the same or do you need to change out the triple clamps?
They are the same forks.
KY state Vet A offroad champion
TAT, KAT and TWVT survivor
Jeff@TheQuadShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 04:57 PM   #1697
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelSchmenge
Mercury264,
Thanks. I'll try not to let my noob-self show through next time...
I'll take your mechanical ability over my ability to embed photos anyday
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 04:59 PM   #1698
Manchu
carpet pisser

Oddometer: 110
Awesome TAT pics, Jeff!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:14 PM   #1699
Whitebone
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe
Just so you know Whitebone....I have 2 more posts than you.
Why do you throw watermelons? I am trying to be the new me.
Whitebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 05:16 PM   #1700
averagejoe
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 571
Just seeing if you were paying attention. Whats the new you?
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 05:23 PM   #1701
averagejoe
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 571
Has anyone tried to put a Motion Pro clutch cable on their XRL? I ordered one and it is too long. Motion Pro said that it was the same cable that they have been selling for years... I measured it against the one that was on the bike and it is longer. I even had the MP guy on the phone. He made it sound like I was the stupid one???? Anyone ever have this problem?
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:35 PM   #1702
mehow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
yeah

I recently had a problem with Motion Pro sending me the wrong clutch cable.
I must say however that they were very helpful and fixed the problem asap. But the cable they sent me was too short, and the clutch was basically engaged as the longest setting.
Also the rubber boot looked totally different than stock, and was not the accordian type. That clued me in that something was off. I took some measurements and called them, and in a few days had a correct cable.
mehow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:45 PM   #1703
Brtp4
Do what you love.

Oddometer: 1,960
I know several people there...Brandon, Ed, Chris Carter....few people in the industry care about motorcycles, motorcyclists, riding access, and in general are as conscientious as they are. There are some knuckleheads in the business but they are one of the few that really care.

BTW, "Ed" there is a hardcore XR650L rider.

Try them again, go up the ladder if you are not getting what you want.

BP
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:07 PM   #1704
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brtp4
I know several people there...Brandon, Ed, Chris Carter....few people in the industry care about motorcycles, motorcyclists, riding access, and in general are as conscientious as they are. There are some knuckleheads in the business but they are one of the few that really care.

BTW, "Ed" there is a hardcore XR650L rider.

Try them again, go up the ladder if you are not getting what you want.

BP
That's good to know. I have (and intend to buy more) tons of MP stuff. They sell some very nice stuff.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Old 12-04-2007, 11:11 AM   #1705
BeeDub
Havagoowan

Oddometer: 2,022
Does anyone know if a Trico EP37 is a direct plug-in for my stock flasher, and if it will handle the problem I'm having with the new LED blinkers I installed? When I click the blinker, all four go on, solid. Please, nobody suggest the resistors, I went through that last night, and I wasted a dollar on those, and eight more bucks on a soldering iron (though I think I'll still use this for connecting wires). I just want to plug and play!
BeeDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:37 AM   #1706
scibeer
Lost

Oddometer: 889
Not sure about the flasher, but did you remove the turn signal indicator bulb in the dash yet? You won't be able to have any incandescents on that circuit if you want it to work.
scibeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:45 AM   #1707
BeeDub
Havagoowan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scibeer
Not sure about the flasher, but did you remove the turn signal indicator bulb in the dash yet? You won't be able to have any incandescents on that circuit if you want it to work.
I've heard about this too, what is the best way to do this, and can I replace it with something so that the indicator light still works, or do you just have to forget about it? Not that I really need that light, just don't like it when shit don't work!
Old 12-04-2007, 07:33 PM   #1708
scibeer
Lost

Oddometer: 889
I never found a good way to replace it on my DR and haven't changed to LEDs on my XRL, but I was told you can run an LED with a resistor and it will work. I don't know what size it would take.

I just left it off, but I agree, its nice to have stuff working right. After all the pain and suffering of figuring it out, let me know!!!

Usually, the indicator lights are just pushed in the panel with rubber seals so you just pull them out through the bottom and remove the lamp. I'm not near my bike to check right now.

scibeer screwed with this post 12-04-2007 at 07:40 PM
scibeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:10 PM   #1709
BeeDub
Havagoowan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scibeer
I never found a good way to replace it on my DR and haven't changed to LEDs on my XRL, but I was told you can run an LED with a resistor and it will work. I don't know what size it would take.

I just left it off, but I agree, its nice to have stuff working right. After all the pain and suffering of figuring it out, let me know!!!

Usually, the indicator lights are just pushed in the panel with rubber seals so you just pull them out through the bottom and remove the lamp. I'm not near my bike to check right now.
Well, I did all that, and thanks, you were right, very easy to just remove that light, popped the bulb out and just plugged it back in without it. Now, I've put the new flasher on, and the damn thing still doesn't work right. Now, the correct side lights up, as opposed to before where they all lit up; however, now only three of the many LEDs in each light illuminate, and they still don't blink! Any ideas?
Old 12-05-2007, 06:54 AM   #1710
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeDub
Well, I did all that, and thanks, you were right, very easy to just remove that light, popped the bulb out and just plugged it back in without it. Now, I've put the new flasher on, and the damn thing still doesn't work right. Now, the correct side lights up, as opposed to before where they all lit up; however, now only three of the many LEDs in each light illuminate, and they still don't blink! Any ideas?
You need a resistor. The indicator relay uses resistance in the circuit to allow it to turn on and off - i.e. as soon as the lights come on, the resistance is such that the relay turns itself off and this in turn turns it back on - result: Blinking lights.

LEDs have a different resistance to normal bulbs (i.e. lower) so it needs a resistor in series (I think) to restore the correct circuit resistance to allow the blinker to work correctly.

If you search on the net, there is tons of info out there about it.

BTW, I have not heard of the not being able to have normal bulbs and LED's in the same circuit - they are just electrical devices in a circtuit so I don't know why they can't be in the same circuit.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple