Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2011, 09:34 PM   #35191
Zerg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Well I guess im done riding my bike until I can get a jet kit for it.. Just took my plug out and it was all burned up. P/O had mods with no jet kit on it. hopefully the engine isn't too screwed up now after 6K. It raised a red flag when he told me it dident have a jet kit I should have done some more research. It ran okay for me... Never got hotter than 225F on the dip stick thermometer. Ill see how it runs when I fix it I guess...
Old 12-06-2011, 09:35 PM   #35192
mendoteach
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,433
As a matter of fact, I'm taking pictures of stuff to list so when my C-Dub bill comes due I can afford to pay him
mendoteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:30 PM   #35193
KyoXR
Clouds, Snow, Rain

Oddometer: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRatRider View Post
Ware do I get the power from? I have hooked a cig plug up for cell phone/GPS but I ran that straight to the batt
can I get power from a better sorce
depending on what brand you use (I'm using Gerbing heated glove liners and jacket liner), each item came with at least part of the wiring harness, as in: the part that you connect to your battery with a fuse holder to a plug that you plug your controller into, the controller is on my body so even though it's connected strait to the battery I have to unplug it to leave the motorcycle so I don't have to worry about draining the battery unless I decide to take a nap on top of it with the bike not running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jud View Post
Heated grips

You can wire the grips straight to the battery but then inevitably, the grips will be left on one day resulting in a dead battery,,,,,,, usually at the worst possible time. Better to either run it off a relay triggered from a key-on source {what I did as I have other electrical accessories}. Alternatively, you could simply tap into the low beam headlight wire.
oh, don't do that...I thought I was being clever tapping into the low beam headlight wire for power when I hooked up my O2 sensor/reader, then I accidentally hit the high beam switch and my O2 reader went blank...for a second I was thinking what now!!!!,so I looked and saw I hit the high beam switch, switched it back to low beam and my O2 sensor started sensing again.
now I get to run it to a new power supply...not sure where yet.
KyoXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:39 AM   #35194
cyclewizard
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendoteach View Post
Where are those blinged-out valve cover caps you had offered up? Did you ever decide to make those? I think you should create a whole parts line for the XR650L. I'll sell some on ebay to spread the word for you for free. I have over 1200 feedbacks at 100%. I get top dollar when I sell. CRFstuff started out that way and they grew nicely (factory Honda riders use their HRC rotor copy. Why? It's better!). Once the ball is rolling then you can have some set-up a website for you (someone on this list has to have that skill). Common' C-Dub, you can do it Get your CNC mills fired up!
You want some bling well heck we can do that......

Powered by CW-Pistons/cams
Wizard manufacturing....
cyclewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:49 AM   #35195
katbeanz
earthbound misfit, I

Oddometer: 7,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdoc View Post
I am sure I'll be around A LOT as I have nothing to do 24 hours a day for the next 2 months.
Good luck! Lotsa interesting stuff on darkroastedblend.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnICv12ViIU

Old 12-07-2011, 02:06 AM   #35196
XR650L
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 222
Talking IMS or Clark

I tried to find a discussion on this, but did not have any luck. I want to put a bigger tank on. I am looking at the IMS 4.0 or the Clark 4.7

Anybody out there with some advice, looking for pro's & con's

Places where I can find them will be appreciated as well, it seems Bajadesigns does not sell them anymore, did ask XR Only but up to now did not get a reply on the tank.

If I am posting in the wrong place, please move me or tell me where to post

Thanks
XR650L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:10 AM   #35197
thinknlive
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
Your bike looks great! I'm sure the new fork oil made a big difference. What brand and weight of fork oil did you choose? I recently drained the old fork oil from one of my bikes, and installed Mobile1 Synthetic ATF in its place; I'm very pleased with the results.

Spud
Thanks! I used the same ATF With all the changes together... I am really happy with the way she rides now. Smooth at 75-80+ with excellent throttle response when I need it.
thinknlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:11 AM   #35198
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 24,141
http://justgastanks.com/index.php?cPath=4_12_26

I have the IMS often wish it was bigger
On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died. The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age. Too many dreams.... Not enough time. Not Scared of dying. Not scared of living. Just scared of the pain that separates the two...
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:15 AM   #35199
cyclewizard
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by XR650L View Post
I tried to find a discussion on this, but did not have any luck. I want to put a bigger tank on. I am looking at the IMS 4.0 or the Clark 4.7

Anybody out there with some advice, looking for pro's & con's

Places where I can find them will be appreciated as well, it seems Bajadesigns does not sell them anymore, did ask XR Only but up to now did not get a reply on the tank.

If I am posting in the wrong place, please move me or tell me where to post

Thanks
The clarke 4.0 tanks fit and finish is excellent and so is the 4.7 tank, if you ever go with a big finned head the clarke tank clears the fins better.
I don't think IMS makes a red tank anylonger for the XRL do they?