Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2006, 08:21 AM   #346
IDAHOSPUD
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mpg
Where did you get the windshield and How is it working out so far? Looks good!
That is a Maier windshield, bought it online at JC whittney. It works pretty good, better then without it at high speeds. Above 65 mph the wind wants to blow you off the beast, and with the windshield it is much improved - also warmer in the winter.

So I get it in the mail, and i am all excited to get it installed... hook up the mounts.... then i am eyeballing it for position.... it then falls and knife edge's onto the concrete and cracks.... !@#$% I am F-ing pissed. so i drilled it so the crack wound not run, and stuck the compass over the area. Custom redneck. only thing it missing is bailing wire.
Attached Images

IDAHOSPUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 09:03 AM   #347
Mr Kawasaki
Sardonios Irritatus

Oddometer: 6,346
I've had a couple of trucks stop by. One brown, one white. Clarke tank, Corbin seat. What's next?

The Clarke is better looking in person, it looks like a bubble in the catalogue. The Corbin comes close to fitting. The bolt holes are only about a 1/4" off. I guess I just need to push harder.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:24 PM   #348
100mpg
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 16,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAHOSPUD
it then falls and knife edge's onto the concrete and cracks.... !@#$% I am F-ing pissed. so i drilled it so the crack wound not run, and stuck the compass over the area. Custom redneck. only thing it missing is bailing wire.
I wont tell anyone...

Is this the one you ordered? our looks like it fits over the head light pretty well. This is a Style 4. Another question, what is the dia of the handle bars? 7/8"?

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 03:28 PM   #349
100mpg
This sentance intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kawasaki
Clarke tank,

The Clarke is better looking in person,
Is that the 4.7gal? WOW that looks huge (6.0+) and that is what I am looking for. HUGE! I am looking at a 6 gal someone as in canada but shipping is a killer. I might go for it anyway, I cant find a bug tank anywhere!
Old 03-14-2006, 04:04 PM   #350
minnjim
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
[I'm going to rejet, add an IMS 4.0 gal tank and put Dunlop D606s on it next week.]

I can't speak to how good other tanks are, but I've been less than thrilled with my 4.0 IMS. Poor fit, and I'm having a hell of a time getting it to stop leaking. Check out some other brands as well. Clark, Acerbis, etc.
minnjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 04:38 PM   #351
IDAHOSPUD
Adventurer

Quote:
I wont tell anyone...

Is this the one you ordered? our looks like it fits over the head light pretty well. This is a Style 4. Another question, what is the dia of the handle bars? 7/8"?

That is the exact model, yes 7/8inch bar diameter. You can see how it will look on your bike. works well for the $$$. easy to take off if you needed to.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:53 PM   #352
Mr Kawasaki
Sardonios Irritatus

Quote:
Is that the 4.7gal?

http://www.clarkemfg.com/Merchant2/m..._Code=honda+xr
Old 03-14-2006, 07:13 PM   #353
murgatroid42
Great Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,185
Quote:
That is the exact model, yes 7/8inch bar diameter. You can see how it will look on your bike. works well for the $$$. easy to take off if you needed to.
I have the same Maier from JC Whitney. It works OK, but gives the bike some headshake at high speeds. One of the Windscreen attachments broke, so i replaced it with lawn sprinkler parts. Works again.
murgatroid42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 09:19 PM   #354
IDAHOSPUD
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by murgatroid42
I have the same Maier from JC Whitney. It works OK, but gives the bike some headshake at high speeds. One of the Windscreen attachments broke, so i replaced it with lawn sprinkler parts. Works again.
I had that exact experience, and was wondering what was causing the head shake. so the wind lifts the front end i am assuming? I thought it was some damping adjustments i had made to the forks. tell me more.....
Old 03-15-2006, 01:56 AM   #355
100mpg
This sentance intent

Quote:
I have found the 4.7 and the 5.0 gal tanks all over the place. What I was trying to say is that tank looked much bigger, like a 6.0 and I cannot find them anywhere. Here is the 5.0 on ebay Ebay

100mpg screwed with this post 03-15-2006 at 02:01 AM
Old 03-15-2006, 02:09 AM   #356
100mpg
This sentance intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by murgatroid42
What is headshake, The front end wobbling slightly? It looks like 2(?) mounting point for the shield, do you think there is room to add another 2?
Old 03-15-2006, 09:06 AM   #357
Mr Kawasaki
Sardonios Irritatus

Quote:
I have found the 4.7 and the 5.0 gal tanks all over the place. What I was trying to say is that tank looked much bigger, like a 6.0 and I cannot find them anywhere. Here is the 5.0 on ebay Ebay

Medicine Creek runs the six gallon. Let's ask him where he got his. Oh Medicine?

Or perhaps you are looking for this tank?

BCK_973 has one.

http://www.adventure-motorcycling.co...rs/xrlprep.htm
Old 03-15-2006, 12:26 PM   #358
ride no evo
Suck it Trebek

Oddometer: 567
Quote:
Mods completed so far: Smog Off. Uni filter. Snorkel off. XR’s only competition pipe. Stock header with exhaust wrap. Mikuni 41mm Flatside. XR400 oil cooler. Stock cam. Clark 4.7 tank. Pro-Taper ATV Bar. Heated Grips. LED Taillight Bulb. RAM GPS mount. Happy Trials OSR side Racks & Tail Rack.

Nice Rig, thats about everything I want to do to my stock scooter. How loud is the XR's exhaust?, did you get the quite baffels for it??
Also how was installing the oil cooler and how much more oil does it add the the system quart wise??

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - Winston Churchill

"I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence..." - Gandhi

You can save $5 on a smugmug subscription use coupon KyCiOLxqIwDIk
ride no evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 01:04 PM   #359
SalsaBoy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 565
Just got an 87 XL250R. Does that count?
SalsaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 03:39 PM   #360
100mpg
This sentance intent

Quote:
Medicine Creek runs the six gallon. Let's ask him where he got his. Oh Medicine?

Or perhaps you are looking for this tank?

BCK_973 has one.

http://www.adventure-motorcycling.co...rs/xrlprep.htm
Tanker/Bike? That is a 10 gallon? Thats definitely big enough...I think I will stick with a 6 or 7 gallon. I would need over weight permits and haz-mat stickers with the 10 gallon!