Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2012, 11:07 PM   #41551
Muddaholic
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
I ask a simple question and get a smart ass answer. So I handed it back, Dont like it ? To bad. When people are asking questions they dont need the blather, they need answers.

A couple months back I asked a question about setting up some kind of index and was bitched at. Decided it aint worth the time to argue. There is a small click of people who drone and or spam about nothing - clogging this post with " private " jokes and general blather. Any one who says anything - reacts anyway not approved by many of the fools that piled on here, the result is obvious.

Like I said - dont like it ? Tough ....
Muddaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:07 AM   #41552
Johnnyboxer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwombat View Post
Let's not forget this picture:

That's the ONLY report I have ever heard of, the guy seriously overloaded the stock shock, that was already broken & leaking

So something had to give when the shock bottomed out again & again

The swingarm couldn't take anymore

Don't forget the Xchallenge has been raced & finished the Dakar in recent years, without any major chassis or FI or rad problems

Colebatch has completed real RTW trips on his of over 50,000 km's - without major issues, so have 690 Katooms

I have ridden mine 7000 miles offroad,with no problems

Modern bikes aren't all bad

The chassis & suspension on the Xchallenge is streets ahead of the XRL & then the BMW motor puts out 20hp more in stock form than the XRL & has double the mpg for starters

You guys are really on the defensive - all I stated was that the XRL wasn't for me after a test ride, that's all

Sad, as I love the big H - having had 10 XR250's & 400's over the last 20 years & also currently I have a XR250R and a 4RT Trials bike, with batteryless Honda FI & a rad ( guess that's too much HONDA tech for you guys - lol) - BUT it IS super reliable hi-tech from the big H

The Xchallenge is the best dual sport I have ever owned, it is very fast & stable with great traction offroad

Sounds like you guys need to look over the fence sometimes - all I said was that the XRL wasn't for me, when I have experience of the Xchallenge

2005 BMW R1150GS Adv - Black
2005 BMW R1150GS Adv - Silver
2007 BMW G650 XCountry - Black

Johnnyboxer screwed with this post 04-20-2012 at 02:34 AM
Johnnyboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:17 AM   #41553
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleGarunt View Post
I don't understand the appeal of the new con rod. Is it supposed to allow the motor to rev faster?
Or is it longer? I can see it's stronger and looks lifghter.
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:20 AM   #41554
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddaholic View Post
I ask a simple question and get a smart ass answer. So I handed it back, Dont like it ? To bad. When people are asking questions they dont need the blather, they need answers.

A couple months back I asked a question about setting up some kind of index and was bitched at. Decided it aint worth the time to argue. There is a small click of people who drone and or spam about nothing - clogging this post with " private " jokes and general blather. Any one who says anything - reacts anyway not approved by many of the fools that piled on here, the result is obvious.

There is, was an index. At least I remember cataloging a bunch of page subjects.
Did that ever get finished?
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
Old 04-20-2012, 05:21 AM   #41555
RoadHawg14
CRASH

Oddometer: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumpnRed View Post
I was glad to see him start turning them out... makes me feel less guilty about refusing to make the blasted things for anyone We need to paint the H and the A a different color. It will look like a smiley face. Alright... back to beer drinking. Enough of this.
Would like to purchase aset of case guards can you provide info on where I could purchase them?
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safly in a pretty and well preserved body, But rather to skid in broadside, Thoroughly used up, Totally Worn Out and Loudly Proclaiming - WOW - WHAT A RIDE!
RoadHawg14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:23 AM   #41556
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Johnnyboxer: your TYPICAL BMW owner. Defending the machine to the hilt. I have met so many just like him. And that OK. You should be proud of your purchase.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:45 AM   #41557
Johnnyboxer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzcoinc View Post
Johnnyboxer: your TYPICAL BMW owner. Defending the machine to the hilt. I have met so many just like him. And that OK. You should be proud of your purchase.
Seems like there's a lot of typical Honda owners on the XRL thread too, staunchly defending a 20yo design in an argument I didn't start

I was posting my observations, that's all...............until I was attacked about rads/FI etc

I have owned the XChallenge for 5 years and just fancied a change - shame the XRL didn't do it for me

One thing you forget or have overlooked.....................I am also a Honda owner and not you're typical BMW owner

I also have 2 Honda bikes, one a pure HRC built & engineered competition bike

I drive a diesel 2012 Honda CRV

I have Honda Garden Mowers/Brushcutters and Hedgecutters

So................i'm far from your typical BMW owner

Just a shame the big H doesn't produce a big capacity Adv Tourer to trump a GS twin or a 650cc dualsport capable of good power and decent mpg, straight from the crate

2005 BMW R1150GS Adv - Black
2005 BMW R1150GS Adv - Silver
2007 BMW G650 XCountry - Black
Johnnyboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:10 AM   #41558
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler

Oddometer: 2,400
Quote:

Then go somewhere else. There is a clique or a COMMUNITY here of people who like to blather on about nothing much at all... it's what we do! We aren't here to answer your questions once a month when you have a problem. The world's not all about YOU. And as to Steve's comment... he told you that your backfiring would stop when you get your jetting sorted out. That was YOUR question! To then come back with some narrow minded comment like you did is substupid.
Here's your life lesson: Have fun getting your questions answered now.
ThumpnRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:11 AM   #41559
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler

Oddometer: 2,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadHawg14 View Post
Would like to purchase aset of case guards can you provide info on where I could purchase them?
Manracks
ThumpnRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:18 AM   #41560
XR650L_Dave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,693
Quote:

You fricken' lightweight... AZ Tom posts his reply

"Back to the stock carb Not sure but it must be jetting & someone with the knowledge will chime in shortly. "

to let you know he doesn't know the answer but someone here does, then you get 4 or 5 helpful replies, and your panties are in a bunch?

Or were you kvetching about

"Yeah. Once it's jetted correctly the back firing should go away. "

which is a perfectly reasonable answer?

BTW if my moniker was 'muddaholic' I'm not sure I'd lead with a gay joke...

Dave
Old 04-20-2012, 06:47 AM   #41561
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Old 04-20-2012, 06:49 AM   #41562
elsalvadorklr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcma111 View Post
A beer??? I don't think so.
a case then

just trying to help
elsalvadorklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:51 AM   #41563
elsalvadorklr
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendoteach View Post
I'll say it too, asshole. I hope his sorry ass gets kicked out of here. Really, be gone. Steve does more than anybody to help others, educate us all etc. We need to back his play here.
ILL STAND UP FOR THIS NO PROBS WHAT SO EVER
Old 04-20-2012, 06:54 AM   #41564
elsalvadorklr
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

DUDE WTF?

how is saying getting your JETTING right to get rid of your decel pops smart ass?

thats YOUR ANSWER
Old 04-20-2012, 06:56 AM   #41565
elsalvadorklr
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumpnRed View Post
Then go somewhere else. There is a clique or a COMMUNITY here of people who like to blather on about nothing much at all... it's what we do! We aren't here to answer your questions once a month when you have a problem. The world's not all about YOU. And as to Steve's comment... he told you that your backfiring would stop when you get your jetting sorted out. That was YOUR question! To then come back with some narrow minded comment like you did is substupid.
Here's your life lesson: Have fun getting your questions answered now.
here here