Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #46066
mcma111
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclewizard View Post
Ok so it's going to get the works, here's a clue you will be getting a set of bored cases with the crank/cam/and new slug...new jug with a new cw chrome moly liner installed and bored to spec and plateau honed..

any idea what it is??? I think your going to need a bigger carburEtor..

I have a HSR45 fire hose carb standing by.

BMW's
58 R26
79 R100s
91 R100gs

87 Harley FXRS-SP ~ 06 KTM 625 SMC ~ 72 Honda CB750/915cc ~ 92 XR600/654cc ~ 95 XR650l/675cc ~ 03 CRF450r ~ 05 CRF450x ~ 02 XR650l/675cc ~ 86 YZ490 ~ 93 YZ80 ~ 93 XR650l Project
mcma111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:38 PM   #46067
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcma111 View Post
I have a HSR45 fire hose carb standing by.
Something tells me you aren't sweating getting 40 mpg anymore!

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #46068
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcma111 View Post
...Ok, it's time for a good battery. Which Shoria battery do I get. No, I'm not going to put it under the seat. I want to keep it just where Mr Honda designed and I want one that is full size and with MORE cold cranking amps. Also who or where do I get it from? I will be putting the new battery in my bike which will be getting the CW treatment soon I hope (sent the head back for some CW combustion chamber magic) and my battery will go to the daughters bike.
Based upon your criteria, I recommend the Shorai LFX18A1-BS12.

http://www.shoraipower.com/p-155-lfx18a1-bs12.aspx

I bought my Shorai battery from Superbike Supply. They shipped my battery quickly, and they had the best price. I believe they still have the best price for the LFX18A1-BS12 battery, which is $148. Superbike Supply has a low price guarantee, free shipping, and they have the battery in stock.

http://www.superbikesupply.com/mm5/m...ry_Code=shorai

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #46069
moto403
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
as far as the engine goes i really wanted to build a monster but i'm a utilitarian type personality (fuel efficient car for delivery, mini van for family, F150 for construction) use what is best for the job.

I told CW i needed it to run on shitty gas, have reliability and longevity. and he built it accordingly. the engine is set at 10.2:1 its a 102 slug with the CWCC, CW HRC grind cam that he altered slightly he shot peened the cases installed a new con rod and opened the oil galleys where he could. he's done some other things i learn about here and there when i ask the right question.
we have not done any ignition mods and are currently just trying little changes here and there to see what happens. after i finish this fuel testing i will advance the cam and see how that feels. then i may have him shave the head for a little more compression but i need to get a shorai battery for that to happen.
the biggest mod i can make at this point would be a different carb. thats when i will get the full potential out of this engine. unfortunately funding for this bike is a pay as you go thing for me, so i got to replenish well.

this is not the most powerful engine he has built, but we are shooting for a longevity based performance engine and you have to be willing to give up some extra HP to get that. i can't/won't complain about it's power output it will pull the front end 1st through 3rd with little to no effort and leaves me with a smile every day.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:27 AM   #46070
cyclewizard
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto403 View Post
as far as the engine goes i really wanted to build a monster but i'm a utilitarian type personality (fuel efficient car for delivery, mini van for family, F150 for construction) use what is best for the job.

I told CW i needed it to run on shitty gas, have reliability and longevity. and he built it accordingly. the engine is set at 10.2:1 its a 102 slug with the CWCC, CW HRC grind cam that he altered slightly he shot peened the cases installed a new con rod and opened the oil galleys where he could. he's done some other things i learn about here and there when i ask the right question.
we have not done any ignition mods and are currently just trying little changes here and there to see what happens. after i finish this fuel testing i will advance the cam and see how that feels. then i may have him shave the head for a little more compression but i need to get a shorai battery for that to happen.
the biggest mod i can make at this point would be a different carb. thats when i will get the full potential out of this engine. unfortunately funding for this bike is a pay as you go thing for me, so i got to replenish well.

this is not the most powerful engine he has built, but we are shooting for a longevity based performance engine and you have to be willing to give up some extra HP to get that. i can't/won't complain about it's power output it will pull the front end 1st through 3rd with little to no effort and leaves me with a smile every day.
Just to let everyone know I grew up down the road from moto403, lots of us Norwegians and Sweds in those parts,
Tall blones with big hooters and long legs...
Which ones do you think are the Brits??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPE8A2cEpOw

Ok back to the motor, there's plenty of power still to be had in your motor, we could tighten the squish band now that we have one, and advance the cam timing by 6 degree's that would yield us some free HP and I bet you could still run on 91 fuels.
Yep and you're right about the pumper carb, good bang for the buck..

It's a bitch trying to make power on the fuels we have today so for my personal motors I just run as much comp as I can get and buy 112 leaded race fuel at the local Sunoco station.
I rarely run anything less than 12.1 compression ratio's, Mike Wattners 742 motor is at 12.1 with a slightly retarded cam for more bottom end, if Mike or me where to advance the cam timing it would be a whole nother animal.

Retarding the cam timing is like a built in rev limiter..

Powered by CW-Pistons/cams
Wizard manufacturing....
cyclewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:00 AM   #46071
mcma111
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,350
Quote:
Ok so it's going to get the works, here's a clue you will be getting a set of bored cases with the crank/cam/and new slug...new jug with a new cw chrome moly liner installed and bored to spec and plateau honed..

any idea what it is??? I think your going to need a bigger carburEtor..

I didn't know it was Christmas already.

BMW's
58 R26
79 R100s
91 R100gs

87 Harley FXRS-SP ~ 06 KTM 625 SMC ~ 72 Honda CB750/915cc ~ 92 XR600/654cc ~ 95 XR650l/675cc ~ 03 CRF450r ~ 05 CRF450x ~ 02 XR650l/675cc ~ 86 YZ490 ~ 93 YZ80 ~ 93 XR650l Project
mcma111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:20 AM   #46072
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,550
Quote:
Just to let everyone know I grew up down the road from moto403, lots of us Norwegians and Sweds in those parts,
Tall blones with big hooters and long legs...
Which ones do you think are the Brits??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPE8A2cEpOw

Ok back to the motor, there's plenty of power still to be had in your motor, we could tighten the squish band now that we have one, and advance the cam timing by 6 degree's that would yield us some free HP and I bet you could still run on 91 fuels.
Yep and you're right about the pumper carb, good bang for the buck..

It's a bitch trying to make power on the fuels we have today so for my personal motors I just run as much comp as I can get and buy 112 leaded race fuel at the local Sunoco station.
I rarely run anything less than 12.1 compression ratio's, Mike Wattners 742 motor is at 12.1 with a slightly retarded cam for more bottom end, if Mike or me where to advance the cam timing it would be a whole nother animal.

Retarding the cam timing is like a built in rev limiter..
So would you say that 11.25:1 is inpractale for a everyday trail and put around engine? I have no access at all to race fuel. just good old 93 pump gas.
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:25 AM   #46073
cyclewizard
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzcoinc View Post
So would you say that 11.25:1 is inpractale for a everyday trail and put around engine? I have no access at all to race fuel. just good old 93 pump gas.
If you have 93 than a 11.25.1 motor would be the way to go....I think that the 91 people are getting today isn't really 91.....it's corn pee..