ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #47416
elsalvadorklr
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: el salvador
Oddometer: 4,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barron View Post
If you end up going with the wolfman bag, go through Motostrano, they give ADV members a discount and they ship FAST

There is also a wolfman baggage thread that motostrano runs on this site....

FWIW, I have a couple wolfman products and I really like them, they are well made and fit very well.

-Barron
x2 I bought wolfman yellow panniers for my old bike at motostrano way back and they had a huge discount...wasnt a member of adv yet...bummer

the wolfman stuff is top notch

a nice trick is to go to rei and buy some SEAM SEALER ....it works great in sealing up the actuall stitching and zipper areas...that way you really have a wateproof bag...

cheers
elsalvadorklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #47417
elsalvadorklr
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: el salvador
Oddometer: 4,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsconDeasy View Post
Quick question for the cognoscenti:

I love my 650L but dearly miss the snap of my old 600R. (and I don't mind the kicking)

So, will the 600R engine bolt directly into the 650L frame? or are there differences in the mounting?

thanks
you are good to go man!
elsalvadorklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #47418
Cumbacheech
XRated
 
Cumbacheech's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Bolton, ON
Oddometer: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsconDeasy View Post
Quick question for the cognoscenti:

I love my 650L but dearly miss the snap of my old 600R. (and I don't mind the kicking)

So, will the 600R engine bolt directly into the 650L frame? or are there differences in the mounting?

thanks

I am wondering if the big difference had something to do with the gearing. The XR600 should have a 14/48 setup and the XRL is 15/45.
Did you try changing the gearing? I noticed a big difference when I changed from the stock gearing to a 14/45. I have a 48T sitting in the garage that I am going to try very soon... I am sure that will give the bike even more snap...

I would give that a shot before you go throught the trouble & cost of switching to the XR600 motor.

Cheers,

Cumbacheech
__________________
2001 XR650L - Done for now...!!

Pics: Adventure setup, SUMO setup, Dirt setup
Cumbacheech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:28 AM   #47419
elsalvadorklr
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: el salvador
Oddometer: 4,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumbacheech View Post
I am wondering if the big difference had something to do with the gearing. The XR600 should have a 14/48 setup and the XRL is 15/45.
Did you try changing the gearing? I noticed a big difference when I changed from the stock gearing to a 14/45. I have a 48T sitting in the garage that I am going to try very soon... I am sure that will give the bike even more snap...

I would give that a shot before you go throught the trouble & cost of switching to the XR600 motor.

Cheers,

Cumbacheech
thats part of it!

I think the heavy ass flwheel and stock carb has more to do with it than anything else...jejej oh and a couple pounds here and there
elsalvadorklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:49 AM   #47420
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer
 
beechum1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Herlong, CA. Look it up, I'll wait.
Oddometer: 7,322
can never go wrong with wolfman stuff
__________________
Rally Moto Kit /// Vendor Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pendragon View Post
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:52 AM   #47421
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer
 
beechum1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Herlong, CA. Look it up, I'll wait.
Oddometer: 7,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsconDeasy View Post
Quick question for the cognoscenti:

I love my 650L but dearly miss the snap of my old 600R. (and I don't mind the kicking)

So, will the 600R engine bolt directly into the 650L frame? or are there differences in the mounting?

thanks
same same as long as it's the "newer" single carb 600R. bolt for bolt.
__________________
Rally Moto Kit /// Vendor Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pendragon View Post
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #47422
kenny61
Crazy Idiot
 
kenny61's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Romaniacs 2019
Oddometer: 23,954
For some reason I'm offended
__________________
On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died.
The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age
Go forth and be a force of the awesome!
kenny61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:41 AM   #47423
sc-razor
Beastly Adventurer
 
sc-razor's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: NW Arkansas
Oddometer: 3,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
For some reason I'm offended
Scotty..........get the Wolfman.


Kenny I don't want you to be sad or feel under appreciated so I have a question you can answer for me.

Ready?



What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
__________________
2009 XR650L

Steve
sc-razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #47424
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Prescott AZ
Oddometer: 3,509
What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?[/QUOTE]


Depends on what your drinking
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:39 PM   #47425
XR650L_Dave
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Near Cortland NY
Oddometer: 3,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumbacheech View Post
I am wondering if the big difference had something to do with the gearing. The XR600 should have a 14/48 setup and the XRL is 15/45.
Did you try changing the gearing? I noticed a big difference when I changed from the stock gearing to a 14/45. I have a 48T sitting in the garage that I am going to try very soon... I am sure that will give the bike even more snap...

I would give that a shot before you go throught the trouble & cost of switching to the XR600 motor.

Cheers,

Cumbacheech
The primary reduction is steeper on the 600R as well.
__________________
---->>Thanks for the rotor, guys!<<----
XR650L_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:45 PM   #47426
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer
 
Spud Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Idaho
Oddometer: 3,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
For some reason I'm offended
The great philospher, Mongo, was correct.



RIP, Alex Karras.

Spud
__________________
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #47427
EsconDeasy
Ectomorph
 
EsconDeasy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Oddometer: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsalvadorklr View Post
thats part of it!

I think the heavy ass flwheel and stock carb has more to do with it than anything else...jejej oh and a couple pounds here and there
Thanks guys,
Yes, I was told that just changing the carb would make a big difference. The donor I am looking at also has the inverted fork conversion
EsconDeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #47428
Barron
M0DAH0LIC
 
Barron's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Yokosuka, Japan
Oddometer: 2,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsalvadorklr View Post
x2 I bought wolfman yellow panniers for my old bike at motostrano way back and they had a huge discount...wasnt a member of adv yet...bummer

the wolfman stuff is top notch

a nice trick is to go to rei and buy some SEAM SEALER ....it works great in sealing up the actuall stitching and zipper areas...that way you really have a wateproof bag...

cheers
I'm going to look into that seal sealer, but when I talked to wolfman about making a waterproof beta bag they said they are looking at possibly making a waterproof liner....

-Barron
__________________
1996 XR650L with a couple mods
If everyone brewed beer there would be no war.
Barron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #47429
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer
 
beechum1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Herlong, CA. Look it up, I'll wait.
Oddometer: 7,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
For some reason I'm offended
your mom is offended.
__________________
Rally Moto Kit /// Vendor Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pendragon View Post
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:31 PM   #47430
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer
 
beechum1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Herlong, CA. Look it up, I'll wait.
Oddometer: 7,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc-razor View Post
What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
African or European?
__________________
Rally Moto Kit /// Vendor Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pendragon View Post
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014